The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

He got so used to fighting opponents with no buzz that he doesn’t know why he should take a fight with dillashaw. Everyone knows why but him.

Is Dillashaw a draw tho? That’s one of a couple issues I have with the fight, I’m not convinced casuals give that much of a **** about TJ either so is it really a superfight to anybody besides hardcores

And TJ isn’t gonna really defend in two weight classes if he wins so why not just have MM move to 135 since he cleaned his division out already, if he loses he can drop back to 125 and life goes on.

If anything DJ should have the opportunity to win a second belt and not a dude who still hasn’t avenged his clear loss to Cruz. Doesn’t make sense to me, unless TJ is just Dana’s newest blonde haired irrational promotional push

Artem out here sounding like a jealous side piece:

DQTQcx5WsAEEZR0.jpg:small

Artem deserves a wing dedicated to him in the Bro Hall of Fame! That’s how you hold down your friend!

Rita WhORA

#amiright?

lol jk but not really, Mcnugget turning full on Kardashian

the fall from grace shall be of EPIC proportions

nobody quits when their earning potential is still this high, eventually we WILL see dude sprawled out on the canvas

the shtick will die hopefully for his sake the money never does tho albeit highly unlkely

Is Dillashaw a draw tho? That’s one of a couple issues I have with the fight, I’m not convinced casuals give that much of a **** about TJ either so is it really a superfight to anybody besides hardcores

And TJ isn’t gonna really defend in two weight classes if he wins so why not just have MM move to 135 since he cleaned his division out already, if he loses he can drop back to 125 and life goes on.

If anything DJ should have the opportunity to win a second belt and not a dude who still hasn’t avenged his clear loss to Cruz. Doesn’t make sense to me, unless TJ is just Dana’s newest blonde haired irrational promotional push

I always ask the same question. When people say DJ isn’t a draw....who is?

Stipe?
Maybe Ngannou now
DC?
Rumble and Jones are out for now it seems.
GSP I guess.
Whitaker?
Woodley?
Diaz Bros not fighting
Conor obviously.
Tony? Khabib?
Max maybe getting there.
Cody? TJ?

Are there even 5 active fighters you can safely say are “draws”?

Because if not, DJ deserves the dough, especially for a super fight, that, IF promoted properly, should attract a good amount of attention.

Lol at artem calling Rita a burger and Conor's chubby wife a steak

Maybe Artem was referring to himself as the steak?

I rewatched Aldo v Holloway 2 and dude really came out to Big Sean - Blessed before it mixed into Hawaiian Kickboxer. Dude really plays up to the local crowd. He came out to Drake - Legend when he fought Pettis in Toronto. Good on him.

I always ask the same question. When people say DJ isn’t a draw....who is?

Stipe?
Maybe Ngannou now
DC?
Rumble and Jones are out for now it seems.
GSP I guess.
Whitaker?
Woodley?
Diaz Bros not fighting
Conor obviously.
Tony? Khabib?
Max maybe getting there.
Cody? TJ?

Are there even 5 active fighters you can safely say are “draws”?

Because if not, DJ deserves the dough, especially for a super fight, that, IF promoted properly, should attract a good amount of attention.

Yeah man they don’t really have many stars anymore. If you actually look at this list https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate you can see they’re struggling. Take away Conor, Brock, Jones, GSP and Ronda, and the highest ppv sales they’ve done since 2016 is 475k with Stipe vs Reem. And then it drops to 300k with stipe vs jds 2 and Woodley vs Thompson 2. Couple more in the upper 200k range (bisping title fights), Lawler title fights in the mid 200k range, Aldo vs. Holloway and Ferguson vs Lee at 200k and the rest aren’t really worth mentioning.

And TJ’s only two headlining events were in 2014, the first Barao fight and his first defense against Soto. Did 215k and 125k respectively. DJ did 205k for a title fight with Cariaso in 2014 and in the range of 125k for 3 other title fights, I don’t think those two are really that different in terms of drawing power.

Maybe the ultimate fighter push and the beef with Cody got him some more press but just going on the numbers that are available TJ’s track record isn’t exactly stellar either

Rockhold vs Whittaker is a hell of a fight. Let's see how Luke does against a great boxer like Bobby

In my opinion I view Whittaker as the true champ anyway

I'll view this as a title defense

All respect to Gsp for coming in after a long layoff and defeating an always game bisping

I think bisping got a bit lucky against luke. And I don't view Gsp as a true Mw. And I believe Robert has such a great resume

Interesting that N'Gannou's dream opponent is Brock Lesnar. How bizarre would it be if N'Gannou beats Stipe, and then defends against Brock after Brock's suspension ends? :lol:

If ngannu beats stipe and Cain... damn

Wonder if D.C. Has the balls to face him

cormier has gotten his skull rocked a few times by anthony johnson, ngannou’s power is probably higher. I would like to keep more brain cells as well. Besides ngannou, I could see dc beating the other top hw’s to get the belt.

Back
Top Bottom