The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

That Rizin card was extra long lol. Fell asleep waiting for the intermission to end, looks like the Floyd fight was terrible and I had low expectations for it tbh. How was the Caldwell-Horiguchi fight?
caldwell was tryna LnP until gucci subbed him; not the first time he's gotten caught in a guillotine like that though.

Idk bro...Tenshin’s falls looked mad exaggerated. Dude flailing his arms and **** like a fish out of water. Obviously he had no chance against Floyd in a straight up boxing match, but still looks a bit shady

kid was 120 soaking wet fighting one of the greatest boxers of all time who is also 30 lbs heavier. easiest money floyd has made :lol: at least the kid didnt get pummeled for 3 full rds
floyd putting the kid over after the fight, hope he got paid handsomely as well

That second knockdown looked solid. The rest looked a little floppish but the kid is much smaller than Floyd and is a novice. First knockdown he was kinda off balance. Third one enh, looks sus.

It’s all the flopping on the ground that looks makes it look like a fix, but who knows

Yo ESPN not playin.

I’m avoiding my guests and watching Conor/Khabib on ESPN2 right now :lol:
Bruh same here :lol: they came out guns blazing the minute the clock struck midnight.

I'm off tomorrow, wonder if ESPN+ is going to have UFC content right away

Espn isnt going to sit around, they want a return on this investment. I was surprised to see ufc so quick

Watch them start talking hella ufc on those hot take shows and have their ufc fighters on random programming

Lol

Espn isnt going to sit around, they want a return on this investment. I was surprised to see ufc so quick

Watch them start talking hella ufc on those hot take shows and have their ufc fighters on random programming

Lol

Yeah, if it wasn’t about the irish fella, sportscenter and all their big shows wouldn’t mention ufc at all or maybe just a minute or two.

They mentioned Brock, Ronda, GSP, and showed major highlights.

ESPN’s previous management was lukewarm to UFC.

But this was during the height of the company with good TUF ratings, high PPV buys and marketable stars like Forrest, Tito, Chuck, Rashad, Page, BJ, GSP, Silva, etc.

If anything, the UFC’s issue now is the over saturation of the product and lack of stars due to poor promotion.

They’re not going to be able to address the over saturation issue. These TV deals exacerbate that. But the company can market current and new stars with ESPN’s help. The “league” should still be the focus but they really should drum up a dozen or more key stars.

To quote Nate "I'm not surprised muth#$@#%%$" I was somewhat optimistic that Nick had signed on but was skeptical when he hadn't announced it himself, thinking he may have priced himself out of any future UFC fights. At least he seems to be getting paid decently in his other ventures, same can't be said for 99% of ex UFC'ers it seems.

didn't realize nick's last win was against bj penn, who was in the process of being washed
...in 2011

:lol:

Does Dana and the UFC just ****ing announce fights hoping it sticks? There’s been numerous occasions where a fight is announced and then the fighter comes out and say “I never agreed to it” or even “it’s never been discussed”

Back
Top Bottom