The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Excited to see Joned vs smith even though i think smith will get destroyed,
I hope my fellow nigerian Usman comes up with a win but Woodley is a beast. super interesting match up
lawler has been in too many wars. I got askren.
Zabit will win too.

DC wanted to fight Brock and everyone knows hes cycling but hes constantly complaining about Jones. I mean i get it i think its cheating too but fighting Brock would be worse.

I just started BJJ and I absolutely love it. Im only 4 days in but I was wondering for any of you who have more experience can give me some advice. The gym that I go to use Gi's but im leaning towards a no GI gym. Any thoughts? Thanks :pimp:
I think Gi or no Gi it’s so important to learn some type of ground game. My base was wrestling and a lil bit of taekwondo. Now I’m trying to get back into kick boxing. Jones on PEDs is much dangerous that Tren Brock. Brock has zero ring acumen. I think cormier knows brock cant beat him even on PEDs. DC is the better wrestler and boxer even though Brock has some silver ware for his work on the mats in his college days.

Anyone already have ESPN+? Gonna try the free trial out soon so I can watch the upcoming Fight Night card. When live events are airing are you able to rewind/pause them in real time? Or do you have to wait until they're over?

Anyone already have ESPN+? Gonna try the free trial out soon so I can watch the upcoming Fight Night card. When live events are airing are you able to rewind/pause them in real time? Or do you have to wait until they're over?
Can't pause and rewind live events unfortunately, and I don't think they'll upload the full ufc archive until the 19th. It also desperately needs a search function for the huge amount of content it has.

I think Gi or no Gi it’s so important to learn some type of ground game. My base was wrestling and a lil bit of taekwondo. Now I’m trying to get back into kick boxing. Jones on PEDs is much dangerous that Tren Brock. Brock has zero ring acumen. I think cormier knows brock cant beat him even on PEDs. DC is the better wrestler and boxer even though Brock has some silver ware for his work on the mats in his college days.

Definitely. Was surprised at how deep and complex jiu jitsu is. Thats true either gym philosophy on Gi's will help me out regardless. Also it helped me notice how unflexible I am. Kickboxing nice, hopefully that goes smoothly for you.

DC's and Jones story is crazy. DC probably thinks he can beat a clean Jones. I hope the saga continues for the 3rd match to cap DCs career. A win for him could possibly overshadow his 2 losses seeing that it would be Jones' first loss. Maybe DC is going hard with the T-bol talk because thats a way for him to rationalize his losses. Idk i just find it tremendously ironic that hes going so hard about steroids but is willing to fight Brock.

Definitely. Was surprised at how deep and complex jiu jitsu is. Thats true either gym philosophy on Gi's will help me out regardless. Also it helped me notice how unflexible I am. Kickboxing nice, hopefully that goes smoothly for you.

BJJ is dope but it can be harsh on the body. Make sure to stretch and work on your flexibility. Take time off from injuries. Tap early and tap often.

Since you just started - you’ll learn the ground game regardless of gi or nogi. I personally train nogi more but that’s because I like creating scrambles. I find that it’s easier for me to explode out of bad positions due to the sweat. Gi is a little slower as there’s much more friction and grips involved.

I hate to say this...But I agree with Colby and I feel he should be given a shot at Woodley. Plus I would rather see Colby versus Woodley right now. I feel that this match needs to happen.

That manager Ali must be holding all his fighters as a major bargaining tool against Dana White that he has no other option but to put Ali's fighters in the big show. I know interim titles don't mean all much anymore but bad mouth and all Colby been winning. Plus this match would sell, and have Usman fight the winner at beginning of summer.

I hate to say this...But I agree with Colby and I feel he should be given a shot at Woodley. Plus I would rather see Colby versus Woodley right now. I feel that this match needs to happen.

That manager Ali must be holding all his fighters as a major bargaining tool against Dana White that he has no other option but to put Ali's fighters in the big show. I know interim titles don't mean all much anymore but bad mouth and all Colby been winning. Plus this match would sell, and have Usman fight the winner at beginning of summer.

Wait a min, Colby was ready to fight on 235 too? He should have got the call over usman

I wanted to see Colby/Woodley but I’m glad the UFC is telling him to go **** himself :lol:

Also glad Usman got the shot...think he can pull it off

Colby kinda let us peak behind the curtain on that Ariel podcast, saying how the ufc wanted to cut him because he couldn’t sell a fight. We see what lengths he’s willing to go to sell one now and they still won’t give him the fights he wants :rofl:

Did the free 7 day trial. Fully intend to do the subscription anyways once it is up.

It's cool. Definitely needs work (full archive, search feature as mentioned). Other than that, pretty much Fight Pass with a prettier package and other sports as well.

I have had the ESPN Plus since November. Pretty decent, nice to see some college bball games on the go. Really signed up and will continue to use for UFC.

One thing for me I do not like, and have not fully worked out the kinks is that I can sign on my phone, but try to use ESPN Plus on the computer and it makes me sign up/unable to log in.

BJJ is dope but it can be harsh on the body. Make sure to stretch and work on your flexibility. Take time off from injuries. Tap early and tap often.

Since you just started - you’ll learn the ground game regardless of gi or nogi. I personally train nogi more but that’s because I like creating scrambles. I find that it’s easier for me to explode out of bad positions due to the sweat. Gi is a little slower as there’s much more friction and grips involved.

I’m realizing that it is harsh on the body. Thanks for the advice I’ll definitely start stretching more. It’s so easy to bend or tweak the wrong direction and mess up a ligament or joint. That’s one thing I’ve been hearing lately it’s harsh on your joints..

Nice no Gi sounds more practical for real life situations. Started watching EBI and how you have to win by submission :pimp:. Gordon Ryan is a beast! Mad respect for anyone who’s into BJJ :pimp:

How long have you been doing it? Any recommendations on probiotics to prevent staph?

I’m realizing that it is harsh on the body. Thanks for the advice I’ll definitely start stretching more. It’s so easy to bend or tweak the wrong direction and mess up a ligament or joint. That’s one thing I’ve been hearing lately it’s harsh on your joints..

Nice no Gi sounds more practical for real life situations. Started watching EBI and how you have to win by submission :pimp:. Gordon Ryan is a beast! Mad respect for anyone who’s into BJJ :pimp:

How long have you been doing it? Any recommendations on probiotics to prevent staph?

I haven’t been training very long - a little over 2 years (just got my blue belt). You just gotta train smart. I started at 29 so I’m a little more injury prone compared to the beasts that’s younger than me. I tore my ucl and had a slight tear on my mcl in the short time I’ve been training. I take probiotics (nature’s bounty) as a daily supplement for gut health but I just use defense soap after training to avoid staph.

Definitely stretch before and after BJJ. Get a foam roller if you haven't already. I started training at 27 and I'm 33 now and I can no longer go on consecutive days due to longer recovery time.

Yoga will help with both flexibility, balance, breathing, and recovery. I try to do yoga once a week too.

I haven’t been training very long - a little over 2 years (just got my blue belt). You just gotta train smart. I started at 29 so I’m a little more injury prone compared to the beasts that’s younger than me. I tore my ucl and had a slight tear on my mcl in the short time I’ve been training. I take probiotics (nature’s bounty) as a daily supplement for gut health but I just use defense soap after training to avoid staph.

Congrats on the blue bet it’s not easy to get there. I turned 28 in September haha you guys are making me feel old now. I’ll try that probiotic thanks I appreciate the advice. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom