The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I mean the man jumped in the crowd and started fighting folks, I’m not mad at a 500k fine. Especially considering dude showed little to no remorse about the whole thing after the fact.

From a f***ery standpoint it was great :lol:, but I can understand why they gotta go hard on the fine. Imagine the liabilities and lawsuits they coulda been dealing with if an innocent bystander got hurt.

I’m usually on the fighters’ side but in this case Khabib gotta eat this one. If I’m the UFC I’m not paying 500k cause he couldn’t control himself

UFC 235 main event is on! I expect Jones to make quick work of Smith but hope its an entertaining fight at least. Hope Askren doesn't just take Lawler down right away.

I mean the man jumped in the crowd and started fighting folks, I’m not mad at a 500k fine. Especially considering dude showed little to no remorse about the whole thing after the fact.

From a f***ery standpoint it was great :lol:, but I can understand why they gotta go hard on the fine. Imagine the liabilities and lawsuits they coulda been dealing with if an innocent bystander got hurt.

I’m usually on the fighters’ side but in this case Khabib gotta eat this one. If I’m the UFC I’m not paying 500k cause he couldn’t control himself
I think to take a 1/4th of his take home is absurd. They taxed him like he was a boxer. Think about this, Jones only paid 50k for that Cormier presser that spilled out of control.

UFC 236 doesn’t have a location yet...

Khabib and McGregor on the same card would just lead to their crews fighting again...

I wouldn't put it past Dana to use the rub of Conor and Khabib being on the same card to promote

However I also feel like he would do Khabib Tony on one card and Conor on another to spread the wealth. They have like 30 PPV's they need to fill after all

I just think you need Conor on the same card in case something happens to one of them as a back up. We have seen plenty of times what happens when they headline against each other

I like Khabib. He has all the right to want to spite Nevada. I just would feel let down if he only fought once in 2019 when he is free to fight at least twice. No reason he couldn't take another fight before November

For sure. UFC needs anyone and anything to fill their thousands of cards

Never going to judge a fighter for picking and choosing when he wants to step into the cage, I still would feel disappointed if he waited to come back in November. That'd be over a year since the Conor fight

I think to take a 1/4th of his take home is absurd. They taxed him like he was a boxer. Think about this, Jones only paid 50k for that Cormier presser that spilled out of control.

That presser was some shoving and maybe one punch thrown, whereas Khabib and his people were all whoopin *** ringside right by civilians and everything. Plus the dude that climbed in the cage and punched Conor? Nah man, can’t have that kinda ****.

That 500k is for the totality of what went down, and it doesn’t seem like a crazy fine to me. It was a ridiculously stupid thing for them to do, they gotta deal with the consequences.

colby's turn on dana over missing a title shot has been amazing :lol: this dude been in his feelings for the past month.

UFC card this weekend is pretty cool

Aldo v Moicano
Moraes v Assuncao
Oliveria v Teymur
Maia
Johnny Walker

I don't agree with someone like Alexander Hernandez being ranked and Charles Oliviera being unranked. Oliveria should def be ranked

Think they’re trying to get ESPN off to a good start. I’m pumped to see Johnny Walker. His last fight was dominant. And he’s a little weird lol. Think he could be big.

Things will change when some of the top fighters realize this and Dana will need to change his ways.

The issue is, dudes get to the top and then forget how Dana treated them and their career. If he had some data driven approach, he wouldn’t need to answer to anyone, but has the potential to be irrelevant.

Khabib only hurting himself by not fighting. Coming off of his biggest win and payday to date, he has already lost close to 1/3 of his purse in fines for him and his team and is now threatening not to fight in Nevada AND until his teams suspension is up. With a fighting style that doesn't really sell to the masses, I think he's going about this the wrong way.

Back
Top Bottom