The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

^^^Why not?

Conor in Ireland = money.

Whitaker in Australia = money.

Stipe in Cleveland = money.

Cain in Phoenix = money.

Aldo, Cyborg, Nunes, Spider, Maia, etc should be on this cards. Highlight local or national stars to help with the gate. It only makes cents. Unless you can get someone like GSP, Conor, Ronda.

He lost to the champ-champ and Blessed. Aldo represented the WEC era. Conor and Max (and TCity and other up and comers) represent the new modern era. I’m happy he’s rebounded in his last two fights. We all know many are or were on performance enhancers. If the claims are true about Nov...it didn’t translate to BJ.

Make the TCity fight and let’s see what happens.

Maybe have Max fight Frankie.

He’s older now, and he lost to Conor and Max Holloway, two difficult style matchups no matter when he fought them. He also completely dominated Frankie Edgar in Vegas, and KOed Stephens in Canada in this post USADA period.

And he lost to Max the first time in Rio

incredulous.gif

Aldo's speed and power will give him huge problems early, but we've seen Ortega ain't gonna go down, and Aldo's chin and stamina ain't getting any better.

T-city got size and youth on his side. I wouldn't count him out.

Make it happen. Neither should be sniffing the title right now. Let Max fight someone else (either Frankie or someone at LW) then see where the cards fall.

Whittaker can't be the same after back to back wars with Romero. Question is if he's diminished to where Gastelum can beat him?

Solid card this past weekend. Aldo beating Moicano really muddies the waters at FW, if Aldo is to get another impressive win over say Ortega do you give him another titleshot? I also say give the BW shot to Moraes as he's taken out two of the top guys with relative ease. Would be real lame if they give Cejudo the shot at BW and have Marlon waiting possibly til end of the year.

Aldo's speed and power will give him huge problems early, but we've seen Ortega ain't gonna go down, and Aldo's chin and stamina ain't getting any better.

T-city got size and youth on his side. I wouldn't count him out.

I think its a good fight.

Aldo definitely has shown to have problems with height x reach no doubt...I thought he did good against the long moicano....he stayed on the outside this fight, didnt stay in the pocket too long...looked like a different aldo.

I think T-city took more than a beating against max, I believe his stand up got exposed....not in the sense it is weak or suspect, but moreso he's still very basic, amateur at best. He falling in love with his BOXING too much, he's not much of a puncher so when he goes up against high level boxers with a good punch, he's going to loose that battle 11/10. Can't just be out there boxing in the UFC with pillow fists....look at pettis.....

Aldo that boxer puncher, he gonna make the reads in T-citys hand game and pick him apart because he also knows he's young and relatively new to boxing....you gotta remember dawg aldo about AS seasoned/experienced as it gets when it comes to not only MMA, but BOXING too...aldo been working with high level boxers for a LONG time now, Mikey/Robert Garcia, Cuban national team...etc....the best. Brians still a baby when it comes to his boxing chops..

lol and I'd buy t-city 2 beers if could not only get aldo down, but hold him there.

I think its a good fight for aldo, tough fight for brian....but he prolly gonna take it cuz he's a tough kid.

Usman must have been shocked Askren was willing to square up lol. TWood likely humbles him in their upcoming bout.

Back
Top Bottom