The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Cain himself seemed to know in the cage that he was the inferior man. He admitted to staying too close. Unless he says he’s done I’d like to see him face Lewis or blaydes, that will be a real test to see if he’s washed

Watched the main event on IG...LOL..

Feel bad for Stipe, but UFC doesn't know how to Market that dude.. He's not getting a rematch anytime soon.

I CANNOT wait for UFC235

Cain was never ripped, so the criticism about his body is funny to me.
Can someone help me here, reading sites and from watching fights my entire life, i was under the assumption that a KO is when a guy is put to sleep. If a guy is still moving and just covers up because he can’t go and the ref steps in to stop it, i always thought that was a TKO? Am I wrong? He never got put to sleep. JDS Velazquez 1, yes. Last night, I don’t get it.

Cain was never ripped, so the criticism about his body is funny to me.
Can someone help me here, reading sites and from watching fights my entire life, i was under the assumption that a KO is when a guy is put to sleep. If a guy is still moving and just covers up because he can’t go and the ref steps in to stop it, i always thought that was a TKO? Am I wrong? He never got put to sleep. JDS Velazquez 1, yes. Last night, I don’t get it.
He never was but he looked horrible this fight. They quit it’s tko regardless. Tko = not defending yourself

Francis' power is a great equalizer for his terrible ground game... Hope he is training takedown defense and ground game non stop... Eddie Bravo saying he should go see John Danaher and working with them is brilliant.

There were some good fights on that card even if the main event was terrible.

Moving forward as much as I'd like to see DC take on Ngannou I feel like it would go just like the Lewis fight. DC will talk about how he is going to throw hands but will just gnp Francis the whole time.

I remember when everyone said Silva’s checked leg kick loss to Weidman was a fluke. ***** how? Did Weidman accidentally check the kick? No, dummy, he trained for it. Ray Longo said as much.

An MMA fighter training to check leg kicks, who woulda thought?

Wasn't a fluke, just a freak accident.

so Dana hasnt spoken to Francis in over a year lol

mans is still jilted his create a player had some hiccups

Yeah, a leg snapping from a checked kick is pretty rare. Saw it happen twice in the ufc.

francis clearly caught cain with that upper cut....his legs buckled and he fell in an awkward way and hurt the knee...

it was a short, crisp shot from a really big guy, but I think all them wars cain done been in have deteriorated his chin....

or could CARDO CAIN possibly be a result of pre-USADA testing....granted he hasn't fought alot since USADA came around.....but dood looking like the HW johnny hendricks out there.....VAST decline....

I was expecting alot more from cain, now I'm a little suspicious....

card was great though MAN that fight with barberina! WOWWWWW GATJE-levels of violence in that fight...big treat for ESPN.

Kron :pimp: got that takedown, all he needed....but man that standup going to be under review the next few fights for sure.

Felder and Vick put on a good fight but man, I felt like paul let a big opportunity slip by, by not getting a dominant win/finish...dood got all the tools to be a contender for real

another dope card

For all those wondering why go head to head with the All Star game, looks like they knew what they were doing and/or it didn't matter

Not too sure, but this is the third consecutive year the UFC has chose to run a card the same night as the All Star game. Might become a thing

More:

"Even without a big college basketball lead-in, and going head-to-head with the NBA All-Star Game, Sunday night’s Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez-headlined show looks to have drawn the highest viewing numbers for a cable Fight Night main card in three years.

The main card rating would have likely been significantly higher had the main event not ended in just 26 seconds."

Stipe vs Ngannou 2 would be the next fight before he should even consider a title fight with DC.

I’d rather see him fight JDS. I’m not excited for the rematch based on the first outcome. But Francis did just go back to back with two wrestlers.

Back
Top Bottom