The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Colby :lol:

That brotha that runs with Kamaru is a TANK.

if kumaru was on one side of a dark alley and that man the other and i had to get out to save my life.... im sprinting at kumaru and throw8ng a superman punch with the quickness

haha that dude is Lesnar size with the physique of T wood

Wouldnt be mad at TWood for having his eye on something other than Dana Whites UFC... Get money any way possible and if you dont have to Usman wrestle- ****ing you in the process, more power to him

Jones v Smith
Standard issue Jones. Nothing to see here. Although I was intrigued by Jones' ability to make his opponents watch him, which I attribute to his ability to mix it up. Being wild but in control at the same time. He used a technique he uses pretty often which seems like it gives him 2-3 options. He'll use a flying knee then transition to a flying body kick to flying oblique kick. It's such an interesting strike as it usually doesn't land after the knee portion, but will completely reset distance. And he completes it with such control.

TWOOD v MARTY
GEEZUS Woodley is one of the most frustrating fighters to be a fan of. His corner had to be fuming. I mean he legit did nothing. Even on the ground he wasn't working at all. After Usman took him down in what I believe to be the third, maybe the fourth, he just looked like a deer in headlights. Frozen the entire fight. I think the third as well he just ate body shots for like a minute straight. WTF?!?!? I don't understand why he wont be offensive or defensive what so ever. I believe Dom said somewhere in the fight that 'He was only exploding for the finish' and nothing else. What he's waiting on, I have no idea if it was a finish he needed to work for it. Something he just wasnt doing....at all.SMH

Congrats to Usman on a well fought, gameplanned and executed fight. One thing I noticed is how long he is in the clinch, it was reminiscent of Jones. Because he's so much longer he's able to simultaneously stay out of danger and be able to generate some serious power on his shots while there. Those body shots were pretty brutal.

Askren v Lawler
1. I thought the stoppage was completely justified. I watched that replay a couple times and nothing in that clip says to me that Robbie was alive. He looked completely out until Herb pulled his arm, which was completely limp. Even when he pulled his arm back it was still pretty limp.

I WAS SCREAMING HE'S OUT, then when he popped up fine I was legit confused, but I don't think he was conscious personally.

2. Askren got luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I'd bet that throw came completely out of left field for him and it almost meant certain doom. He looked like an absolute zombie at one point. I truly thought he was dead to rights.

Cody v Munoz
Cody did the exact thing that cost him his last two fights. Munoz played his gameplan perfectly. Touch him a couple times and watch his composure unravel to the point he'll basically GIFT you an opening. Thrid time he's played that game and the third time he has landed 2nd. IDK what he needs to fight like he was before the first TJ fight, but they need to find it. He's biting down and swinging for the fences too much.

TL;DR:
Jones looks like Jones.
Twood needs to get out from in those headlights.
Askren got lucky, but Lawler was out IMO.
Cody doing the thing that gets him starched over and over.

would not be surprised if dana traded woodley
he was the champ that dana never wanted or even cared for

Doesn’t he get the espn checks now for broadcasting or was the FS1? Talking about woodly

TMZ. he gets alot of checks tbh. boost mobile. espn. endorsements.

despite Dana hatin on him he has done pretty well financially. i mean hes 36. how many more fights does he realistically have. not suprising hes concentrating on whats next

that kinda forward progressive thinking made him champ

3.5 Ms in UFC purses alone BEFORE 235...

mans is in a good place

Max and Israel both winning their next fight.

:smh::smh::smh: I have no idea what he was doing Saturday night. He let me down

jus looked over 235 payouts.... super impressed to see the top guys finally gettin gaurnteed bread but boyyy Coloring book gotta be lookin at Askren funny in the light. he had to get starched to see 130k and askren walks right into 200k... props to his agent but id be tightttt as one of the females or undercard guys gettin peanuts comparitvely

jus looked over 235 payouts.... super impressed to see the top guys finally gettin gaurnteed bread but boyyy Coloring book gotta be lookin at Askren funny in the light. he had to get starched to see 130k and askren walks right into 200k... props to his agent but id be tightttt as one of the females or undercard guys gettin peanuts comparitvely
I read askren got 350k. Had to be from his existing contract he had set up. We all know Woodley never getting another title shot. Still want to see him v Colby.

Yeah it was oddly worded

C740BC98-9EFD-4711-8747-160185B94BEA.png

Askren had a nice deal. No wonder some of these guys decide to leave ufc for smaller organizations. Better contract and they do not have to be part of that reebok deal

^^^

Been thinking about it more and more and Rogan touched on this as well. Masvidals wrestling is highly underrated. And Woodley seemed to have his way with Till in that dept.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jorge take it there.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if Usman said this to Woodley while fighting..

Walker-Gus would be a fun fight and we would definitely see if Walker has anything for the top of the division after that one. If it doesn't happen I hope he's at least matched up with someone close to top 5.

Aldo-Volkanovski should be a good scrap. Will Aldo fend off another contender or does Volkanovski prove his worth? Wonder what happens if Max wins the LW interim fight though, does he vacate FW?

Max was saying yesterday on Ariel’s show that one of his goals is to defend both titles if he were to win lol. Would be insane on his body but would love to see Bless be a reigning defending double champ :smokin

Back
Top Bottom