The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Lee def gassed after that 1st rd and RDA proved his worth but still think he loses to any of the top 5 ww's. Lee needs to improve his striking cause just having strong grappling isn't gonna cut it against the top 10 guys at ww or lw.

It sounds like he needs to work on his conditioning and maybe get one of those sports therapists. His striking defense is another issue.

He sounds like he has the same issue as McGregor, except Conor has the left hand and the timing early in a fight to win except for high levels like Khabib, and Diaz.

Lee is on a two fight losing streak.

That Sage **** looks brutal, hell of a punch. Maybe it’s time for him to call it a day, he’s still young, he might not be cut out for the top level of the fight game.

And I can’t see having your face reconstructed like that not being an issue in fights down the line.

I hope he at least got a major check from ONE

sage def got options outside of fighting. how much longer is he going to put himself through this, especially, being so young.

He can definitely model, maybe do movies.

That was a horrific knockout.

Everyone assumes the competition is lame in these D League promotions but Bendo, Sage and Alvarez proving otherwise.

Everyone assumes the competition is lame in these D League promotions but Bendo, Sage and Alvarez proving otherwise.

I always laugh when people act like the UFC is the end all be all. Let’s not forget what happened when they absorbed pride, wec, strikeforce. A lot of those dudes came over and became champs. **** even Eddie came from Bellator and knocked out RDA when he was on that crazy run. There’s talent out there for sure, just a matter of the promotion marketing themselves and the fighters right.

He was also in school for petroleum engineering before dropping out to focus on fighting. He'll be alright.

and he needs a new attitude, he hasnt put together anything close to the destructive run that rda had at 155 and there he was mean mugging rda and his corner

even though anyone can beat anyone, the ufc does a pretty good job of accumulating (or trying to accumulate) the end all be all talent, i like to think that they usually have the top world guys as their champs who ill refer to as 10s, a lot of 9s and then some 8,7,etc guys. they dont have all the 8,7 guys because honestly they cant pay them all

i doubt danas losing sleep over not paying eddie

Last edited:
guy is a jackass. Before I ever saw him fight, I saw an article about him saying how he hated sage because he was white.

guy is a jackass. Before I ever saw him fight, I saw an article about him saying how he hated sage because he was white.

He called him a "rich privileged white boy", but I don't think the message was that he hated him for being white :lol:. Like alot of people at the time I think he thought Sage's push was because of Sage's look more than his skill, which it pretty much was, and as we see now a lot of people were kinda right.

Having said that, Kevin Lee is a clown for a plethora of other reasons :lol:.

and he needs a new attitude, he hasnt put together anything close to the destructive run that rda had at 155 and there he was mean mugging rda and his corner

even though anyone can beat anyone, the ufc does a pretty good job of accumulating (or trying to accumulate) the end all be all talent, i like to think that they usually have the top world guys as their champs who ill refer to as 10s, a lot of 9s and then some 8,7,etc guys. they dont have all the 8,7 guys because honestly they cant pay them all

i doubt danas losing sleep over not paying eddie

Back when they had more competition I never just assumed the UFC champ is the best in the world, or that fighters elsewhere couldn't easily be top 5 in their division in the UFC, especially in the Pride/Strikeforce/WEC days. It's a little different now but still, talent is always out there.

Guys like dj, Eddie and Rory have been through grueling wars against the best of the best

They’ve all had life taken from them. It’s not surprising what’s happened to them post ufc

You forgot Bendo.

And honestly, it’s no different than fighting a lower ranked competitor. They trying to prosper off your rank/name. Can’t take the camp or guy on the other side of the cage lightly.

Man, I think Lee’s cockiness clouds people’s judgement of him. Kid has been fighting nothing but legitimate comp over the past 2 years. Handled himself well during the Ferguson fight but of course it was revealed that the staph infection definitely played a part in him tiring out, and he basically dominated Barboza from start to finish.

I think his head trainer’s death played a bigger part than people realize, mentally he doesn’t seem all the way right. On the surface, you gotta stick to the image that got you to the dance I guess. I just really think he needs to lock down with a more experienced camp.

I actually expected big things from him after that Tony fight, he was still young and had never faced anyone at the top of the division at that point, plus he was dealing with the staph infection, and despite all that he looked real good in that first round. Then he beat Barboza fairly soundly outside of doing the stanky leg when he caught that roundhouse kick. But losing to Al the way he did was pretty disappointing. And he's small for 170, but has had issues making weight at 155. Not quite sure what to make of him as a contender.

Didn't know about his head trainer though, that sucks. Yeah maybe a new camp can help him out. He still has potential

Back
Top Bottom