The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

:lol: @ these sentences.

Keep going, I’m enjoying this train wreck.
Coming from you ... lol sure papi.

Frankie is elite .. bj unbeatable. LoL

MMA is not your subject.. neither is sports. Always with the horrible takes.

Frankie's got wins over Cub, Faber, BJ, Mendes, Sherk, but he isn't elite? Sheesh.
Boy oh boy ...

Ya keep throwing dudes up there like they are accomplishments. Just other good fighter. Nothing elite ...

Cub Swason biggest wins was Porier and that was before Porier actually develop to what he is now. Besides that, he has gotten spank anytime he tried to step up to equal fighters.

Faber, do we need to even discuss? Biggest win was against Cruz in WEC and then lost twice convincingly to Cruz in the UFC. Again, another dude that has lost everytime he stepped up against equal competition.

BJ, Mr. Unbeatable at 155lb, LoL yet not one elite fighter in his resume beside Matt and a whopping 16 and 14 record. SMH

Mendes again .. dudes biggest win was in WEC against Cub. Another dude when his opposition was equal, got spanked around.

Sherk really? Iight ... he beat Sherk 1 fight before retirement. But this another dude that when he stepped up to equal competition he lost.

Again these dude that you mentioned are all below Frankie at 4-7 Frankie at best was a 2 but in reality was 3/4. Again that's a good career, but hardly elite. If he is Elite Ortega and Max can retired now and be GOATS .... come on.

Coming from you ... lol sure papi.

MMA is not your subject.. neither is sports. Always with the horrible takes.

You're one of the most ignored/clowned posters on this forum.

You're either a troll or your IQ is extremely low and I’m thinking it’s the latter.

Your reading comprehension is beyond garbage and you just make stuff up, :lol:

I never called Frankie elite, I said beating BJ twice in his prime is impressive.

I never said BJ was unbeatable, I said he was THOUGHT to be unbeatable @ 155.

Like I said, go get some air and try again later.

Boy oh boy ...

Ya keep throwing dudes up there like they are accomplishments. Just other good fighter. Nothing elite ...

Cub Swason biggest wins was Porier and that was before Porier actually develop to what he is now. Besides that, he has gotten spank anytime he tried to step up to equal fighters.

Faber, do we need to even discuss? Biggest win was against Cruz in WEC and then lost twice convincingly to Cruz in the UFC. Again, another dude that has lost everytime he stepped up against equal competition.

BJ, Mr. Unbeatable at 155lb, LoL yet not one elite fighter in his resume beside Matt and a whopping 16 and 14 record. SMH

Mendes again .. dudes biggest win was in WEC against Cub. Another dude when his opposition was equal, got spanked around.

Sherk really? Iight ... he beat Sherk 1 fight before retirement. But this another dude that when he stepped up to equal competition he lost.

Again these dude that you mentioned are all below Frankie at 4-7 Frankie at best was a 2 but in reality was 3/4. Again that's a good career, but hardly elite. If he is Elite Ortega and Max can retired now and be GOATS .... come on.

With that said, who then had aldo beat that makes him goat? I understand he has wins over Edgar but most the other big names also lost to Frankie no? You’re calling these people merely good fighters but most were at the top of their games during that time and overstayed their time and continued to lose. Plus Frankie did all of this WAY undersized, he’s easily a bantamweight and did this all at lightweight. But that’s just me.

You said Ortega can retire now and be goat. Who has he beat that would put him remotely close to that conversation besides Frankie?

Is Frankie a world beater and an all time great? Maybe not, but to say he isn’t elite is absurd in my eyes.

But agree to disagree. We all have our own opinions and you won’t change mine like I won’t change yours.

Last edited:
Not a fan of Frankie so I support the slander

Frankie should try to make a run at 135 then hang it up.

I would watch him fight Dom, Cody, and Cejudo

looked at frankie and said to myself, he's been in a lot of fights. then i look at max and he has just a ton of fights on his resume and is 10 years younger. it'll be interesting to see how many more years he's got before that chin breaks down

You're one of the most ignored/clowned posters on this forum.

You're either a troll or your IQ is extremely low and I’m thinking it’s the latter.

Your reading comprehension is beyond garbage and you just make stuff up, :lol:

I never called Frankie elite, I said beating BJ twice in his prime is impressive.

I never said BJ was unbeatable, I said he was THOUGHT to be unbeatable @ 155.

Like I said, go get some air and try again later.
Sure sure ...

Clowned or ignored poster, makes no difference. At least I'm not following like a little ***** and my points are very direct and presice. You on the other hand, are getting swept in every thread ... yet you're an intellectual socialite?? FOH.

You want to challenge someone's IQ, yet, you're constantly making assumptions about someone's felling online? LoL

Am I suppose to take you serious?

Dude is a good fighter never elite, his accomplishments on beating a diminishing BJ is basura. BJ was never thought to be unbeatable when he was beating sub par opposition. Stop it ...

How old are you man?

Do you really believe like go get air, why you mad, calling people names is effective way of getting someone mad or having an upper hand? Pretty pathetic my dude. SMH and you talk about air ... wonder if you socialize or have many friends at all.

"Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment."

With that said, who then had aldo beat that makes him goat? I understand he has wins over Edgar but most the other big names also lost to Frankie no? You’re calling these people merely good fighters but most were at the top of their games during that time and overstayed their time and continued to lose. Plus Frankie did all of this WAY undersized, he’s easily a bantamweight and did this all at lightweight. But that’s just me.

You said Ortega can retire now and be goat. Who has he beat that would put him remotely close to that conversation besides Frankie?

Is Frankie a world beater and an all time great? Maybe not, but to say he isn’t elite is absurd in my eyes.

But agree to disagree. We all have our own opinions and you won’t change mine like I won’t change yours.
Aldo beat everyone Frankie did, plus Edgar ... he defended is belt for how long? However, Aldo also needs an * because dudes in Brazil have popped ...

Again, I'm not saying Frankie is a scrub. Like I said, he has been 2 at best but I have always had him 3 and depending on his weight class maybe 4.

I do agree he has been fighting bigger man and that's part of the reason people love him. Maybe if he goes down and put work with 135 ... who knows.

I would love to see him against a Henry right of the bat.

And i can see your meaning of Elite is different for mines, so it is what is it.

You definitely have some mental health issues, :lol:
Mental health now???

My dude ..

Screenshot_20190729-121859_Chrome.jpg

Go play outside kid.

But you’re saying Frankie isn’t elite because he’s merely beat good fighters. Aldo has also only beat good fighters and Frankie, who is only a good fighter, but now he’s goat and Frankie isn’t elite?

He’s been 2-4 for how long and that doesn’t make him elite? That’s crazy to me is all I’m saying.

You just said never to hate your enemies because it clouds your judgement. Well looks like your disdain for Frankie is clouding your judgement.

Do you really believe like go get air, why you mad, calling people names is effective way of getting someone mad or having an upper hand? Pretty pathetic my dude. SMH and you talk about air ... wonder if you socialize or have many friends at all.

Go play outside kid.

keko at his finest.

Like I said, you’re not right in the head, :lol:

You have a nice day, tho, I’m done with this silly back and forth.

I feel like this argument gets had alot with Frankie.

So out of curiosity, who are we calling elite at 155 and 145? Past or present.

B.J. and Gomi made two of the greatest runs in LW history. For 145, Aldo is king with Max chasing down the top spot for all-time greatness.

keko at his finest.

Like I said, you’re not right in the head, :lol:

You have a nice day, tho, I’m done with this silly back and forth.
And here I was giving you more credit than you deserve and that's wasn't much. Boy oh boy ... smh

I probably have an unpopular opinion but I believe the best version of Frankie wouldn't beat the best version of Dustin Porier, Tony Ferguson, Khabib or even Conor at 155 lbs

I also hold Pettis' LW run in a higher regard than Frankie's, say after Frankie's loss to Gray and Pettis' loss to Clay. I place Pettis above Frankie but I fully understand if anyone would disagree

In terms of 145, we already know the scenarios of Frankie vs Aldo and Max

It just depends on how much you value longevity and win streaks

Now by being viewed lower than those guys I listed is nothing to be ashamed of, that's just where I put him in the big picture

I think that's a fair assessment.

No one is saying Frank is a scrub man. I think I went a little overboard by mentioning above avg right before good. But IMO he is a good fighter. However, by his pedigree and looking how the sport is progressing, dude wasnt elite.

There are plenty of HOF that wouldn't have much if any success in today's MMA and as it continues to mature that distinction is going to widen.

This confuses me because someone told me BJ beat a bunch of nobodies @ 155 and now I’m not sure what to believe.
FWIW, I lump Frankie and Faber together. They are icons in the sport, but one tier below whatever an individual designates as the ‘top’/pinnacle.

FWIW, I lump Frankie and Faber together. They are icons in the sport, but one tier below whatever an individual designates as the ‘top’/pinnacle.

Nothing wrong with that.

I just don't see how people can be ok with Frankie being in the HoF but then just called him "pretty good".

If you're in the HoF you're either elite or pretty damn close.

Since Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat brought up “Showtime’s” 155 run, it really pains me to draw this parallel but pride myself to keep it 100 even with my favorite fighters. Pettis’s LW resume and T-Wood’s WW legacy were both tarnished in my eyes. RDA took Pettis’s soul with a five-round beating. I’ll give “Showtime” props for not taking the easy way out and tapping to the kimura, but scorecards in that unfortunate 50-44 range. Same deal with my boy Tyron. Usman dominated the entire title bout for all 25 minutes. Neutralized every facet of Woodley’s game. Even in the late stand-up exchanges, I didn’t feel any life or urgency from T-Wood. Let’s see how he rebounds next fight, but it’s not a good omen if the Pettis parallel is true.

This confuses me because someone told me BJ beat a bunch of nobodies @ 155 and now I’m not sure what to believe.
LoL

So he beat elite fighters ... ok
Pulver lost 6 of the next 7 fights after BJ
Stevenson went 5-8 after BJ with his biggest win coming over Nate.
Sherk was past his prime not that it matter. Dude only fought 3 times after Penn.
Kenny Florian, here we go, this was an Elite fighter.
Diego, or is this the stud you are talking about?

For someone that talks about comprehension, you sure have none. Or are we equating great run to hardest opponents? Just want to clarify.

It was a good run because he was convincingly beating these dudes, minus GSP obviously. If he didnt then he would just be an avg dude. That's why he is ahead of them and below others.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with that.

I just don't see how people can be ok with Frankie being in the HoF but then just called him "pretty good".

If you're in the HoF you're either elite or pretty damn close.
Wrong ... this is fairly a new sport and people dont only go in just on how good/great but alsonfan base and how they elevated their sport.

This is ****ing ridiculous ..... you want to equate HOF to elite talent when there are plenty of examples to state otherwise.

You can be pretty good and be in the HOF. You can actually be above avg and get in the HOF base on other things. Go back to the drawing boards kid. You have a lot to learn.

Back
Top Bottom