The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

1576402380309.png

Nope. Woolley would have gassed. Covington got a chin on him.
He’s fights a style that’s very very hard to beat. I think we let our hatred of him blind us from how good he is
Covington is not as big as Usman. Woodley honestly had problems with the Nigerians size

I probably understand him and Trump's WWE/pro wrestling antics more than anybody in here, but barring this comment aside, Colby fought an excellent fight. He's one tough SOB, whether he's a good person or not, dude competed damn near 3 rounds with a broken jaw. The Low Blow was questionable, but the eye poke was not. I know he tried to get a timeout as well and the ref was hard on him, but the stoppage was definitely worth it. Sure Colby could've kept going, but he was in bad shape. Don't go blaming the ref for you getting knocked on your behind twice in less than 20 seconds. Usman's strikes are no joke and he definitely had him dead to rights.

Don't like the outcome, don't leave it in the ref's hands and knock the guy out.

The judge who had the score 3-1 in Covington’s favor needs to be investigated.

First two rounds were a draw imo.

In the third, Covington slowed down a bit. Usman took that round easily plus that’s the round where he broke Covington’s jaw.

Usman was getting tagged in the fourth a lot so I have that one to Covington.

Up until the last minute and a half, of the fifth, Covington was winning but MAGA boy got knocked out so that’s that.

I can’t stand Colby but you’re bugging if you think TWood could hang with him at this stage of his career.

Glad Kamaru got him the **** outta there thou, :pimp:

Even if the stoppage was a little early and Colby might have scammed a decision he got his *** beat.

Aldo looked great considering dudes were fearing for his life during the cut :lol:

Max ran out of time in that fight. If it was 10 rnds he’d be good but Volkanovski is a beast so respect to him.

Almost no one gave Colby a chance at beating Usman. For someone not known for his power, Colby had Usman staggered multiple times. And my man didn't go down til the end of the fight with a broken jaw. Usman was what we knew he would be. But that's just me.

**** him and his heart. Ain’t no sympathy for that dude and I’m glad he’s gonna have that mouth wired for quite some time so he can reflect on the L he just took. Crybaby over there blaming the refs now? No class.

I see a lot of fighters saying it was an early stoppage which I could see, but imo he wasn’t going to survive that and wasn’t defending good enough. Therefore I’m not upset at the outcome

The only bad call was the low blow, it wasn’t a low blow. But I don’t think that influenced the fight all that much

On this fight Colby is like that dude at work that seems to be busting his *** working but when you really inspect his work, he didnt do much ...

Yeah ...

He physically looked hurt when Usman touched him to the body and when he snapped them straight to the faces ....

Colby just seem to slow down the onslaught at times with a few good shots, but wasnt doing much of anything.

Agreed but colby was getting his in too. He also was visibly hurting marty during alot of the fight. To the point where he would stop because he was stunned. I had it 3-1 but i can see 2-2. I know its an unpopular opinion because he so hated.

I loved seeing him get whats coming to him.
Dudes jaw was broke early. I had it 3-1 Usman

I see a lot of fighters saying it was an early stoppage which I could see, but imo he wasn’t going to survive that and wasn’t defending good enough. Therefore I’m not upset at the outcome

The only bad call was the low blow, it wasn’t a low blow. But I don’t think that influenced the fight all that much
As much as I dislike Colby, I though that was a weak stoppage.

He should of have let it ride. The outcome would of have been the same .

Colby is more upset at the fact that he couldn't bait the ref to give him breather for punches he claimed were pokes.

Yeah Colby also tried to fake that he got poked which was just as bad as Usman faking the low blow. So they're even on that end

The ref could have let it unfold more I agree but I won't roast Goddard for it

That card was lowkey really good. Arguably 5 main events on one card. I can't complain about that one. The next 2 or 3 UFC cards are also decent to solid

Yeah I could see it being 1-3, 3-1, 2-2. I personally had it 2-2, but I can see how it could be interpreted any of the 3 by the judges. It was close.

Let's say the fight ended after the knockdowns and it had to go to the cards. If it were PRIDE rules, I don't think you can make an argument that Colby won. The 10 point system simply isn't the best way to judge fights, they need to change scoring. At the very least I prefer the PRIDE scoring, which judges the overall fight, not round by round

Let's say the fight ended after the knockdowns and it had to go to the cards. If it were PRIDE rules, I don't think you can make an argument that Colby won. The 10 point system simply isn't the best way to judge fights, they need to change scoring. At the very least I prefer the PRIDE scoring, which judges the overall fight, not round by round
I dont mind the 10 point.

If done properly I think is a better reflection of who had a more successful outing during the entire fight.

I stop watching Pride, so I dont know how's that working over there, but if it was just who won the overall fight, base on appereance, damage and who seemed fresher which is always what people tend to lean on ... Usman won by a landslide .

I dont mind the 10 point.

If done properly I think is a better reflection of who had a more successful outing during the entire fight.

I stop watching Pride, so I dont know how's that working over there, but if it was just who won the overall fight, base on appereance, damage and who seemed fresher which is always what people tend to lean on ... Usman won by a landslide .
Here's my issue with 10 point and the Usman vs Colby fight highlights it

If every round is close going into the 5th, but the 5th was the most decisive, imo that should be the deciding factor in the scores

Let's say Colby somehow survived the knockdowns and the ref didn't stop it and was scored 10-9 Usman. The fight would have went to the cards and if 2 judges had it 3-1 Colby going into the 5th (which in hindsight perhaps could be reasonable), Colby would have won that fight

I absolutely would have disagreed with that outcome and it would have resulted that way because of the 10 point. Now if we're saying some of the judges would have given Usman a 10-8 R5 then that adds a different layer to it

Back
Top Bottom