The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Going to be interesting to see what numbers this card does. You have one side where millions of people are losing their jobs or tight with money so there's no way fishing 80 for a ppv will work. Then you have the fact that there won't be fight parties or bars with the fight so more people will individually buy the fight.
A discounted price of $30-40 would be nice but the ufc is never nice.

A discounted price of $30-40 would be nice but the ufc is never nice.
So true, with services like DAZN offerring a monthly fee for all content I really hope the UFC comes up with some ESPN+ add on (no pun intended) for like $10 extra a month to include FightPass and all PPV's. Not saying it happens anytime soon or that they aren't already making good money, which it appears they are, but I would be all in for something like that which I'm sure many others would be too.

I was willing to pay for the card when it was Tony V Khabib.. having serious doubts now, even though its my Bday weekend and have nothing else to watch.

I was listening to an older Brendan Schaub podcast and he mentioned how Khabib first went to Qatar (or Saudi) in anticipation of the fight being held there. Then due to border closures he left for Russia. Why he didnt return to Cali is beyond me, especially when he did an interview from Russia and mentioned how they too were closing their borders (why not leave before?)

I hope more fighters are getting points for this - want them to get their fair share for taking a bit of a risk

アミーゴ アミーゴ Right but i thought he mentioned that he knew russia was closing down as well.. why not leave? Maybe he assumed no sports would happen right now and he was better off home, which would make sense.

アミーゴ アミーゴ Right but i thought he mentioned that he knew russia was closing down as well.. why not leave? Maybe he assumed no sports would happen right now and he was better off home, which would make sense.

The way I perceived it was he thought he could still leave Russia for the UAE?

The way I perceived it was he thought he could still leave Russia for the UAE?
That was also my belief. I also think he believed if he stayed in the US and the fight didn't end up going down that he then wouldn't be able to get back to Russia for some time due to restrictions changing by the day.

That was also my belief. I also think he believed if he stayed in the US and the fight didn't end up going down that he then wouldn't be able to get back to Russia for some time due to restrictions changing by the day.

And this goes back to my Dana and transparency comments.

Yo, I’ve never seen anything more cursed than Tony/Khabib fight. Although it’s the best potential fight out there, I’ve lost all hope at this point.

Tony should’ve said Khabib or nothing at this point but I get it, Dana prob throwing the bag at him:smh:

Odds are with borders closing, Khabib had have been thinking about his family. I doubt many people are eager to travel without knowing when they’ll get to go home to their families. This situation is vastly different than being away from home for a fight camp. Especially if there is a chance of anyone in their families falling ill. The virus is proven to be deadly.

Regardless of what Dana thinks he can do logistically, he’s also putting every fighter on the card at more risk of contracting the virus. He’s lucky that so many of the fighters appear to be just as ignorant as him about the virus.

They need to clean the mats after every fight. Even tho it was pre taped, Heard wwe changed the ring floor after every match they had.

And that article posted earlier in here... Media needs to talk about that more. All that "were trynna put shows on for the people" bs :lol: . Short 35 fights for that 750 mil. no wonder Dana said they going have shows every weekend if 249 happens.

Dana told him fight ain’t happening in the USA so he left to Dubai. Why go back to Cali where he can’t train in the gym they closed down and the fights not happening in the us Pointless going back and forth . Meanwhile he can back to his hometown and train with his father . Aka got closed down where is he gonna train . Be with ur family in ur hometown training sounds better than all other options . Rose also just pulled out a lot of these fighters are not even in top shape and just in need for some cash at this time

Last edited:
I hope everyone' who is scheduled to fight read that article and told their managers to go demand more money

Definitely interested to see that pay out list after 249

Rose was -200 for the rm think she had that Justin was plus 200 yesterday dropped down to plus 165 today

She was using Andrade as a punching bag last time. Now knows to let go of a kimura when she gets lifted for a slam.
I watched the first fight. It's not safe to assume that only Rose will make adjustments. I think a lot of fans have a soft spot for Rose and cannot look at the situation objectively.

I like both fighters. She was lighting Andrade up. Andrade hasn't sharpened her punches or lengthened her arms somehow. Plus she got knocked out in her last fight. Her best way to win is to take Rose down since Rose doesn't have the best takedown defense.

If this card does happen and all the casual viewers that will tune in, will only make that Khabib vs Tony fight that much bigger if Tony beats justin

I like both fighters. She was lighting Andrade up. Andrade hasn't sharpened her punches or lengthened her arms somehow. Plus she got knocked out in her last fight. Her best way to win is to take Rose down since Rose doesn't have the best takedown defense.
I predicted Andrade will win again a few days ago, I didn't insinuate that Rose withdrew out of fear. Rose outstriking Andrade and fighting the perfect fight for however long it lasts is a possibility. I am just not convinced that it will be as easy as most people are making it out to be. I think a lot are ignoring the prospect of Andrade and her team coming up with a better game plan this time around.

Back
Top Bottom