The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I feel for these fighters, A TON of them are going to be in a bad spot financially
Wouldn't now be the best time for the fighters to talk and organize? Most are at home and ufc can't really punish them right now anyway. For a union to happen they need some to stand up and act as leaders though and they don't have that. When Kobe talked to the fighters he told them that a union was so important.

I honestly believe the only guy who could pull off a union or even make an attempt would be Ali since he already represents so many guys.

I feel like Helwani could if he wanted to leave journalism - seems like a lot of fighters trust him
I could see him as a promoter. He’s definitely savvy in that way.

Ali, Malki, etc wont endorse unions. They’re off the same ilk as Dana. This sport is literally built on taking advantage of these warriors. They love to fight so they don’t think of the longterm game of doing it for work. The ones that do get ostracized.

Ariel should head up the union just to spite Dana

But seriously I agree with Spider, there's no reason for the kingpin managers to try to start a union. They're living luxurious lives as it is, why rock the boat and swim upstream. I don't see the motivation in that, unless Dana and Coker screw them over something crazy

It's crazy in the span of a day we supposedly had a most stacked card of the year, UFC cut a promo in the AM and then it gets cancelled in the afternoon...

Dana and UFC brass just need to ride this thing out for the coming months and possibly until next year.

Next thing we know Dana will announce "Dana's Fight Island" which is outside the UFC banner and a special new promotion. "These guys want to fight so I'm gonna make it happen for them by any means necessary" 'dana voice.

Please for the love of god let me just not read for a single day on this site one of you saying to just stop sports until at least next year.

Please, I’m begging all of you. It’s ****ing April.

Ariel a manager/promoter?

Yall off that moonshine huh?
Even though he fakes not being a wrestling fan, he is and “gets” it.

He understands there has to be a story attached to a fight.

He gets that fighters and fights need promotion.

And if he isn’t a promoter, how did he con ESPN to hire him and even let him cover NBA games? Even though he doesn’t demonstrate narcissism or tries to shove his brand down our throats, he is a salesman. He understands the other side of communication, marketing.

He would get eaten alive. All of his talent would get poached.

He got hired because his Q factor. The same reason they hired Chael even tho he told them he wasn't going to stop working with their competitor.

Ariel is in the right place in this buisness, my gut feeling is he wouldnt even want any of those roles.

Please for the love of god let me just not read for a single day on this site one of you saying to just stop sports until at least next year.

Please, I’m begging all of you. It’s ****ing April.

Sports are DONE for the rest of the year.

Get used to it

I'm thinking maybe more towards the end of the year. October/Novemberish. Most places have yet to see the peak of things.

I'm thinking maybe more towards the end of the year. October/Novemberish. Most places have yet to see the peak of things.

You have no idea whether “most places have yet to see the peak of things”

I think people are forgetting it’s April. There is zero chance that it takes all the way til November or into 2021 for sporting events to take place. If that was the case gyms probably wouldn’t even be open either nor would sports at ANY level, even recreation, take place. And that **** is not happening.

You have no idea whether “most places have yet to see the peak of things”

I think people are forgetting it’s April. There is zero chance that it takes all the way til November or into 2021 for sporting events to take place. If that was the case gyms probably wouldn’t even be open either nor would sports at ANY level, even recreation, take place. And that **** is not happening.
Obviously I have no idea, but the research scientists who actually do this for a living have a great idea of things.

There are no gyms in the DC/MD/VA that's open. If you mean MMA, plenty have **** down. Jorge Masvidal just said in an interview he's been training by himself at home. As for people who are playing outside amongst each other, they're part of the reason why we won't have sports until late 2020 possibly 2021.

Obviously I have no idea, but the research scientists who actually do this for a living have a great idea of things.

There are no gyms in the DC/MD/VA that's open. If you mean MMA, plenty have **** down. Jorge Masvidal just said in an interview he's been training by himself at home. As for people who are playing outside amongst each other, they're part of the reason why we won't have sports until late 2020 possibly 2021.

You have absolutely zero proof that a single person you’ve seen “playing outside” (not sure where this even is because there’s nowhere to play sports right now as all courts at parks and gyms are closed) has contracted the virus and/or spread it. They could be the healthiest people you see out on the streets.

Do you think athletes across the country spread the flu all over every year too? Or is it only this specific virus?

You have absolutely zero proof that a single person you’ve seen “playing outside” (not sure where this even is because there’s nowhere to play sports right now as all courts at parks and gyms are closed) has contracted the virus and/or spread it. They could be the healthiest people you see out on the streets.

Do you think athletes across the country spread the flu all over every year too? Or is it only this specific virus?
My bad read your first post wrong about the gym and playing ball.

Come on man, there's major differences with this virus and the common influenza.

My bad read your first post wrong about the gym and playing ball.

Come on man, there's major differences with this virus and the common influenza.

I did not say it’s the same thing as the flu. But it is contracted the same way. Therefore if you think that everybody out playing around are the ones responsible for spreading this then I guess those same ones are out there spreading the flu each and every year.

Put $1,000 up that no sporting events will happen the rest of the year since you’re so confident.

Football and basketball are done for 2020. MLB has some interesting ideas on how to maybe make it work. Still I'm skeptical. The UFC is obviously ready to go but they ain't doing **** until they get the go ahead.

Look at the facts.
A vaccine wont be ready until next year.
You see how quick Disney shutdown Dana.
Networks arent gonna let sports flourish until there is something to combat this virus.

Flattening the curve isnt it homie, no matter how much you want to see TB in shotgun.

Football and basketball are done for 2020. MLB has some interesting ideas on how to maybe make it work. Still I'm skeptical. The UFC is obviously ready to go but they ain't doing **** until they get the go ahead.

Look at the facts.
A vaccine wont be ready until next year.
You see how quick Disney shutdown Dana.
Networks arent gonna let sports flourish until there is something to combat this virus.

Flattening the curve isnt it homie, no matter how much you want to see TB in shotgun.

Dude.

The entire world is not going to wait to open up and play sports again for like 15 months to wait for a vaccine that has no guarantee at preventing it and isn’t even mandatory.

The treatment is what needs to be advanced, and it seems like they’re progressing in that. I think there’s smart enough people in this world that within the next couple months they should have a good idea on what’s working to treat it. We also still have no idea if this could just be seasonal until mid-May/June get here.

Can’t stand people that constantly have this doomsday mindset.

Dude.

The entire world is not going to wait to open up and play sports again for like 15 months to wait for a vaccine that has no guarantee at preventing it and isn’t even mandatory.

The treatment is what needs to be advanced, and it seems like they’re progressing in that. I think there’s smart enough people in this world that within the next couple months they should have a good idea on what’s working to treat it. We also still have no idea if this could just be seasonal until mid-May/June get here.

Can’t stand people that constantly have this doomsday mindset.

Doomsday mindset? The entire world is shut down. The NBA was done, when this thing had just started out in the US. This is the biggest, most unprecedented thing in our lifetime. 800 people dropping a day in NY. Its beyond bad with no let up in sight.

And you just want the games to carry on despite all of this..

Doesnt matter how much the world wants sports back these networks arent going to touch it.

Dont get it twisted, I'm as big of a sports fan as you are (look at my avy). Im just being realistic and not gauging things off what I am hoping for

The flip side of the coin, I cant stand delusional people

Last edited:
DC as the new Dana would be interesting

“I think anybody in the world in their right might would [take the job],” Cormier told MMA Fighting when asked about becoming UFC president. “To be at the head of an organization that does so many great things in terms of entertainment, and not only that, but community help. I think what people don’t see is the type of influence that the UFC has in the community. The work that they do with youth programs and programs around the world.

“I think if you ever have an opportunity or anyone has an opportunity to do a job like that, they would be insane not to hope to have that opportunity. But Dana’s going to be here for a long time. Dana’s the man.”

Doomsday mindset? The entire world is shut down. The NBA was done, when this thing had just started out in the US. This is the biggest, most unprecedented thing in our lifetime. 800 people dropping a day in NY. Its beyond bad with no let up in sight.

And you just want the games to carry on despite all of this..

Doesnt matter how much the world wants sports back these networks arent going to touch it.

Dont get it twisted, I'm as big of a sports fan as you are (look at my avy). Im just being realistic and not gauging things off what I am hoping for

The flip side of the coin, I cant stand delusional people
Save your time man. The dude is in the Pandemic thread daily downplaying it because he can't stand sacrificing short term pleasure over long term gains. Beyond delusional.

Save your time man. The dude is in the Pandemic thread daily downplaying it because he can't stand sacrificing short term pleasure over long term gains. Beyond delusional.
Yeah, I’ve seen in other threads people point out how foolish he’s sounding. I get that people love sports, but it’s not a necessity and not that important in the grand scheme of things. Sports leagues want sports to come back because of money and greed and some fans want it back because they don’t give a damn about the health of the players and want to be entertained.

Back
Top Bottom