The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Bro. City KB managed to steal one from Max.

They seem like they know what they’re doing.

Not taking anything away from ATT. They’re obviously legit.

I just can’t see Hooker going to war with Diamond. I’d give Dustin the edge there if Hooker decides to engage.

While I favor Dustin in the fight I'm not counting Hooker out. As has been said Dustin knows he needs an impressive win to get back in contention or he could become a high level gatekeeper type, see Cerrone, moving forward. Hooker will definitely be hungry in this one, cant wait!

With the smaller cage, it'll 100% end up a war with Dustin and Hooker. I think Dustin takes this but got to see how he looks coming off the title loss and hip surgery.

Going to be weird seeing Volkov and Blades in that cage this weekend. Could easily tell the spacing difference with Fili and he's only 5'11. Wouldn't be surprised if Volkovs tall *** goes over the fence somehow :lol:

hes far from cerrone and still in contention

politics kept him from fighting tony, basically the ufc didnt want to see him fight khabib again

With the smaller cage, it'll 100% end up a war with Dustin and Hooker. I think Dustin takes this but got to see how he looks coming off the title loss and hip surgery.

Going to be weird seeing Volkov and Blades in that cage this weekend. Could easily tell the spacing difference with Fili and he's only 5'11. Wouldn't be surprised if Volkovs tall *** goes over the fence somehow :lol:

Smaller cage means one of these top heavyweights should be going down first round

Smaller cage means one of these top heavyweights should be going down first round
For sure, Blades going to ground and pound Volkov easily I feel. Sucks that someone who relies on spacing and distance control is at a disadvantage coming in but it is what it is. Would rather they hold title fights of 170+ in the 30 footer though.

I gotta admit. DC been in shill mode lately, especially on his show with Helwani.

He knows it’s the end of the road so he’s either going the media route or high ranking position.

Folks have said BOTH DC and Chael could replace Dana.

But Jorge is definitely swimming against the tide. But I don’t disagree with him. His situation is different than Jones. Jorge is just asking for the new normal after fighting Diaz.

Having said that. Did Nate get the new “normal” when he fought Anthony (as Anthony lost another fight but was most definitely in the co main at UFC 241. Strange. Pettis also main evented against WB. Co mained on the Khabib/Conor card).

But Jorge is definitely swimming against the tide. But I don’t disagree with him. His situation is different than Jones. Jorge is just asking for the new normal after fighting Diaz.

Having said that. Did Nate get the new “normal” when he fought Anthony (as Anthony lost another fight but was most definitely in the co main at UFC 241. Strange. Pettis also main evented against WB. Co mained on the Khabib/Conor card).

Nate made 2M in the 2nd Conor fight and then 250k for the Pettis fight.

That's just base pay, tho, we don't know what he's making on the PPV and I'm sure it's a ton.

The UFC doesn't have to pay any of these guys, they're getting guaranteed money from ESPN, the fighters have 0 power now.

You don't wanna fight? Cool. The next guy will and he'll do it for less.

In this case, that guy is Burns.

Can't wait to see what him and Usman make for that fight, :lol:

Masvidal loosing all his leverage...

big fan but he gotta be careful or the division will move on without him, especially if burns beats kamaru.

UFC got no problem putting dude on the shelf, he’s not exactly a cash cow for them.

He’s gotta fight soon or all this internet back n fourth going to over shadow his time in the octagon

Mike Perry claiming his GF a decent trainer?!?!? Also, he claims 2% African ancestry... smh. Skip to 10 min mark in vid.

Those are both good fights.

I think JDS has the skills like Alistair to beat Rozenstruik. But damn if Rozenstruik won’t try to take off his head especially after the Francis fight. Hopefully he’s been in the lab.

And Reaper is a tough test for Till. He’s probably going to get a title fight if wins.

That Romero/Hall fight could be fireworks if Romero wants to be aggressive this time out. Every fighter can have boring fights but maaaan that title fight was terrible.

Also look forward to Lewis getting back out there.

Back
Top Bottom