The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

What th **** does this even mean? :lol: The objective is to win. If Jorge is the better striker why am I bull****tinto be exciting for you at home? It's a title fight.

You was the same dude complaining about Israel last time. You stay salty.

GSP, Serra, Mark Coleman, etc. It's effective. It wins. The objective is to get paid. Minimize risk and get the W. Foolish to go about it otherwise.

Masvidal clearly **** the bed. But Usman didn’t want to strike with him and could barely get takedowns, turning it into a clinch war.

You’re not wrong. I fault Israel in his fight with Yoel because he talked about demanding the fight and finishing Yoel. Then he proceeded to fight a horribly safe fight to the distaste of the fans and the UFC brass.

Effective or not, fighters that fight to win alone in a boring fashion will not win any fans. I don’t necessarily fault them on personal level because they need to get paid. I just can’t get down with all the talk then not delivering an exciting performance or finishing a fight.

Last edited:
It’s the same Jorge That had to test negative
lose 20 pounds
have a passport
and have a camp
In 6 days right ?
champ couldn’t finish that?
but no rematch ? How guys ?

Meh. While I see what your saying, I would still tend to disagree. All fighter has to talk to build a fight, but as soon as you get punched in the face, you gotta go with what you know. Izzy gotta popped round 1 by Romero and said **** it. :lol:

UFC being a younger sporting organization and being completely controlled by a few people, puts fighters in a unique position where they have to earn fans with their style of fighting since it ultimately determines the difference betweem chump change and slightly more than chump change and that's completely unfair. It goes against probably everything they've learned their whole lives in competition.

I get it though.

I don't necessarily think unionizing would help this aspect of things with excitement, but maybe if their were more guarantees, better conditions, higher purses etc. maybe more fighters would feel confident taking more risks. I could be buggin though.

I think that would cheapen it and make it closer to wrestling than anything but that's a stretch.

UFC is a younger organization? What? I recall renting my first UFC VHS tape in the early 90s.

I mean Shooto is older, but I doubt you know about Shooto. Props to you if you do.

As far as unionizing goes, tough to say *** it could even play out. Would there be separate unions for each organization or would it be a global union of fighters versus promoters?

Either way if you talk mad **** and don’t deliver, you deserve minimal pay. As they say, talk is cheap.

Last edited:
I know usman didn’t entertain last night but some of y’all were too emotional lol

On paper this wasn’t good for Jorge at all short camp or not. Makes me wonder what would have been if askren didn’t fight like an idiot

Was saying I’d love the burns matchup because usman playing in burns grappling space would be dangerous

It sucks that Leon and burns are competing for the #1 contender and then there’s the Colby vs Jorge match lingering

Do we really care about nate at this point

Post fight press conference Dana is ripping the judges. Says Max has to be heartbroken and then asked the media if any of the media had it for Volkanovski.

Dana clearly believes Max won the fight.
Dana lost some money on max lol

and only casual fans upset with usman. Most of us knew what was gonna happen.

1990's is definitely young in terms of general "sports organizations."

As a sport and an organization, it’s definitely young. It’s also crazy they were the first show in town, almost imploded, staged off competition like Pride, Strikeforce, Bellator and random Bodogxc to become valued at more than 4 billion and showcased on ESPN.

They really just need to promote their stars better. And sky’s the limit.

Dana has more say since there’s no athletic commission. Gotta rewatch the max fight but I thought he won

“Looks like we’ve got to tighten up our refs and judges here on Fight Island,” White said.

Do we really care about nate at this point

This is what bothers me

People wanted jorge to fight for title and I'm wondering how beating nate Diaz earns you a title shot, same **** with Conor thinking he deserves shot after beating cerrone

Cerrone and Diaz aren't contenders at 155 or 170 and it's ridiculous

Casual CaSual casual casual casual casual. Wrestling/Jiu jitsu is the most effective I cant believe I'm even saying that but damn it sucks to watch.

The thing is, I get it it was a boring win

but let’s not forget usmans last 3 fights which were good entertaining wins against high caliber opponents in colby, woodley and rda

hard to have exciting wins every single fight especially when youre fighting the best of the best

Of those I’d say only the Colby fight was exciting, which was a rarity from both of them tbh. Usman’s a great fighter but let’s not pretend he puts on exciting fights. The Woodley fight was almost exactly the same as last night except he threw more punches against the cage than shoulder strikes. Now I don’t fault him for not finishing Jorge because that’s something that almost never happens but he could have done more than essentially stall against the cage and throw shoulders and foot stomps. I’m surprised Goddard didn’t step in at times, could have been due to the lack of fans there to boo.

Edit: actually I just remembered that Goddard reffed his fight with Woodley and was giving him warnings for being inactive when I actually thought he was more active than he was last night. Just funny to think about.

Usman’s an elite wrestler and I have a hard time picturing anyone beating him. That being said, his fighting style will win him fights but not many fans.

Last edited:
but let’s not forget usmans last 3 fights which were good entertaining wins against high caliber opponents in colby, woodley and rda

People forgot about Izzy's ridiculous run after 1 lackluster performance against Yoel, we can most definitely forget about Usman's previous fights just like we already forgot about last nights fight.

He called Masvidal a journeyman bum and claimed he was gonna do whatever he wanted to him, then proceeds to wall and stall half the fight.

Usman claimed he loved the idea of an empty arena because we could hear every shot land...

All I heard was foot stomping, :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Of those I’d say only the Colby fight was exciting, which was a rarity from both of them tbh. Usman’s a great fighter but let’s not pretend he puts on exciting fights. The Woodley fight was almost exactly the same as last night except he threw more punches against the cage than shoulder strikes. Now I don’t fault him for not finishing Jorge because that’s something that almost never happens but he could have done more than essentially stall against the cage and throw shoulders and foot stomps. I’m surprised Goddard didn’t step in at times, could have been due to the lack of fans there to boo.

Usman’s an elite wrestler and I have a hard time picturing anyone beating him. That being said, his fighting style will win him fights but not many fans.
I guess, we just differ in entertainment value. I found the Woodley and RDA wins as entertaining

This fight with Jorge was nothing like the Woodley fight though, don't even think that's opinion think that's fact

People forgot about Izzy's ridiculous run after 1 lackluster performance against Yoel, we can most definitely forget about Usman's previous fights just like we already forgot about last nights fight.

He called Masvidal a journeyman bum and claimed he was gonna do whatever he wanted to him, then proceeds to wall and stall half the fight.

Usman claimed he loved the idea of an empty arena because we could hear every shot land...

All I heard was foot stomping, :lol:
And Jorge claimed he was going to put Usman to sleep for a very long time. It is what it is, that is fight promotion

Just because people forgot about Izzy's previous fights doesn't really make it right to continue to do that to other fighters. I get it, it's easy for people to have short term memories but that doesn't really make it acceptable

Back
Top Bottom