The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

agree to disagree

cain got cut from wwe and that luchadore stuff

the last time he fought in the UFC he was scared and embarrased by Francis

then you look at his resume and its like ok Werdum, Bigfoot, Lesnar, JDS

pretty mediocre in hindsight

Derrick Lewis will end his career with more KOS than Cain has wins. think about that

hes not the goat HW or 2nd or 3rd. did injuries derail him? sure.
A few things

Using wwe in this discussion is very odd to say the least. Come on bruh lol

Derrick Lewis having more ko’s means absolutely nothing. It just proves he’s fought easier competition. When you’re champ you don’t get to fight guys that are more susceptible to ko’s. Can’t use that as a metric

Derrick Lewis best “win“ was the Francis fight which is universally held as the worst fight in history. So there’s that

Cains best wins are just as good as anyone else’s outside of stipe. can’t call them mediocre and then say he’s not even the 3rd best Ufc of all time

who is your top 5? So we can poke holes in their resumes too

I’d probably agree with second2none on the top 5 HW.

Fedor, Werdum, Cain, Stipe and DC.

Stipe and Cain are the only UFC only HWs I’d rank there.

Fedor’s run took place across Pride, indies and Strike Force. Werdum career runs across UFC, Strike Force and probably Bellator. DC fought in Strike Force and two divisions in UFC.

Pride and Strike Force had the best HW divisions until they both folded into Zuffa.

Severe MMA podcast was gold today.

Lmao Javier tried to get Cain to come earlier but they only went 2 weeks out compared to Werdum being there for a month

Henry Cejudo appearance lol and Luke still being Luke 5 years ago. It looked like Werdum set up camp at a prison with limited electricity. Cain was staying in a regular hotel. The difference was stark. Werdum was ready to live like an animal lol

Javier Mendez told Brett Okamoto that his guys are 50/50 in taking his advice.

From ignoring Fathers Plan. To DC deviating from the game plan in DC/Stipe 2. Wouldn’t be surprised Cain thought his sea level conditionI gotta was good for Mexico City. Maybe if he was doing high altitude training in Big Bear or Mt Everest.

Javier Mendez told Brett Okamoto that his guys are 50/50 in taking his advice.

From ignoring Fathers Plan. To DC deviating from the game plan in DC/Stipe 2. Wouldn’t be surprised Cain thought his sea level conditionI gotta was good for Mexico City. Maybe if he was doing high altitude training in Big Bear or Mt Everest.
I feel like they were at opposite ends of life at that point. Cain soaking in all of the success, living good and perhaps a little content. Werdum hungry as hell and wanting to live in humble conditions to stay hungry

Uh, what

And what the hell does a win over this Robbie Lawler on a 3 fight losing streak get you? lol, Magny must just want that paycheck so I don't blame him. Matchmaking makes no sense though

The Magny vs Neal match would have been clarifying, glad Neal is alive and well

For Neal Rabdo would make sense if he’s talking about listening to your body. It can cause kidney failure as well. Pretty common in crossfitters I believe.

That’s a possibility. That long word.

I’d imagine with the volume of workouts, it could lead to that.

He hasn’t fought since 2019.

That’s a possibility. That long word.

I’d imagine with the volume of workouts, it could lead to that.

He hasn’t fought since 2019.

I had to double check because it felt like he fought Perry a few months ago. That was back in December. Covid really had these months fly by like nothing :lol:

I don’t know how many of you watched the 125lb title tournament season of TUF, but Hiro got the brakes beaten odd him today in Rizin. Fighting up a weight class at 135 with soccer kicks and knees to a downed opponent can be rough.

Another brutal finish from a fight earlier in the night.

Luke wants to fight before the end of the year apparently, I thought he retired? :lol:

Hope he gets a fight and gets KO'd again, can't stand him.

Luke wants to fight before the end of the year apparently, I thought he retired? :lol:

Hope he gets a fight and gets KO'd again, can't stand him.

I remember when he fought Bisping I parlayed every fight on the card and only got Jessica Eye wrong so I was pretty salty going into the main event since I had Luke on the ticket. Proceeded to lmao when he got koed.

I know you guys aren't hating on My Boy!
Jk, I'm not a huge Weidman fan but don't think he has anything for the MW division. He might get humbled a couple more times before calling it a career. The division has long since passed him up.

Back
Top Bottom