The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

impressive fight by whittaker
goes to show how good izzy is making elite guys at that division look bad. i know he wanted cannonier if he won. time to fight jones? :lol:

Great win from Whittaker, he's the real deal. Still has nothing for Israel tho.

Wonder if he could still make 170 at this point and go after the Usman fight.

Do people really think khabib near the top of the list for goat? Feel like people would say jones or gsp.

Didn't someone say Whittaker was washed before the till fight and that cannonier would beat him easily? :rofl:

Wonder if gaethje is also pumped up for the election. Surprised dana hasn't encouraged guys to have maga printed on their fight shorts.

Kind of a hot take, but Khabib beats up these guys in large part because his wrestling is a problem for every other top contender. His striking is still pretty rudimentary but it doesn't matter because he's never had to fight a really strong wrestler at 155. And the one time he did, he arguably lost the fight (Tibau). He's never been up against a Cormier like Jones had to do. Or a Hendricks like GSP. Or even a Covington like Usman.

He's still great but I do kind of wonder how he would fare if he wasn't facing a division full of strikers. When he whips a contender that can keep the fight standing I'll be much more impressed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom