The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

I agree but I also get why Jorge won't fight him. As far as sheer star power, Jorge takes the cake but I feel like they can replay the backstage brawl to hype up a Jorge vs Leon fight but I still doubt it will sell as much as say a Jorge vs Colby fight. Feel bad for Leon though. The guy just can't catch a break.
Def understand it from a business perspective. That’s why Leon fumbled by letting Jorge leave the country unharmed. They should have stomped him out at the very least

i'll probably be the only one in here watching as always :lol:
I see it starts at 9pm PST in the U.S. tomorrow. Kind of tempted to tune in as I'm off work Thursday but I remember trying to stay up for the Mayweather-Tenshin fight a couple years ago and made it through about 3-4 fights before I fell asleep. I remember waking up that morning and being glad I didn't stay up for the fight lol.

Reactions: OTG
Yes, he can lol. He JUST had the most boring fight ever. Why repeat it? He should just do the Nate or Nick fight. Easy draw and money.

Also, Holland/Brunson isn’t a bad replacement for the Chimaev/Edwards fight.

Can't wait... Honestly think Izzy gon make light work of Jan. He just doesn't have anything for him on the feet. Going hard on that ML

I would be really surprised if Khabib took the rematch. And it would be surreal without a big regular crowd

“When I fly out there, Khabib is going to be there, too. So, I’m going to meet with Khabib while I’m there,” Dana White said on SHOUT! The Buffalo Football podcast on NYup. “In a perfect world, if Conor wins this fight, I would love to see the rematch with him and Khabib. It’s the biggest fight that can be made, and it’s the fight that makes sense.”

Lot of news tonight

According to UFC president, Dana White, the promotion plans on rebooking Edwards vs. Chimaev once the Swede is healthy.

“He won’t (be headlining the card). What we are doing is we are going to push that fight back. I don’t why, I just saw Ali came out today and said he had COVID,” White said to The Schmo about Leon Edwards. “I don’t know why he wasn’t telling people that but for some reason, he didn’t want people to know he had COVID. The doctor told him when he went back to the gym, I guess he was having some problems with his lungs, Khamzat was. They told him to take some more time off and not start training until early January. We are going to push that fight back and we are going to do Magny vs. Chiesa as the main event.”

Smh, they won't even let Leon fight. They really want to strap the rocket on Chimaev to the title ASAP. Whose to say he even gets better by February. Cody still feeling the affects after months and won't be ready til March.

Damn that Oliveira/Chandler would've been real interesting.

The ironic thing is Hooker v Chandler is the matchup that actually makes the most sense right now. Chandler never deserved to be a backup for the title fight nor to be fast tracked into a title fight

Assuming Khabib doesn't want to fight any of these guys:

Hooker isn't really in the title picture but he's hovering. Chandler should have to fight someone like that to get a title shot. Whomever wins is either one fight away from the title or can sneak into it if things fall into place

Dustin v Conor we can assume would be for the belt or at least it should be

Justin v Oliveria is the perfect fight to make and makes the most sense and the winner can fight Dustin v Conor winner for the belt

Ferguson should fight Felder or rematch RDA

Islam should be entering the picture to end 2021

i had my doubts coming in but guchi came through. stoppage seemed a tad early though.

Back
Top Bottom