The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

He still trains. Looks in great shape. Not saying he hasn’t declined physically to Father Time but matchup wise GSP, Covington, or Usman are the best fights for Khabib to retire 30-0.

I do feel like GSP won't be the GSP we have in our heads but imo he is like that 1% of fighter who could still perform at the highest level on a given night with a given amount of prep time

I also feel like GSP needed to retire at the time he did. He had nothing left in the tank nor to give. These one off fights every 2-3 years are perfect for his type of life style where he can heal his body and then ramp up for a one off fight rather than a sustained title defense

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CJMg5GXFSYf/?igshid=1sych2o64wkt6

He’s just living his best life. He still trains at Tristar MMA. Is he in a camp? No.

George is willing to take the fight. Khabib is willing to take it. Dana just has to make it. That’s the only thing that has stood in the fight being made.

I think at this point...GSP probably doesn’t want to cut to 155.

I just don’t think it makes sense for Khabib to fight a few more times against a Conor, a Charles Olivera, etc.

Yall gotta stop this. GsP cant make 155 and khabib isnt agreeing to a catch weight 170 fight so GSP can have the advantage. GSP obv wants the fight but i jus dont see it working out. Thwyre gunna let connor get the strap then give khabib 15M base to take it off him

If khabib was insisting a fight with gsp be at 155, does he even want the fight? Why ask him to come down to 155, a weight george hasn't fought at in the ufc?

I remember when there was the rumored fight with GSP and Nate lol. At this point in his career it's highly doubtful GSP would want to drop to 155. I'd say a cathweight of 165 +/- a few lbs is the only realistic matchup if it goes down.

I know Dana will be pushing for a Conor rematch if McGregor gets the W on the 23rd though.

GSP
If khabib wants to be retired, people should leave him be. he got fans, dana, media in his ear always saying he's gonna be back. Let the guy chill and enjoy being retired.
I mean if Dana is going to see him, I say make one more push and after that, let him be. It is rare that fighters remain retired. Look how many times McGregor called it quits via social media and he's about to fight soon.

just heard that 257 is in abu dhabi, i wonder when dustin is heading there after what happened against khabib

edit - it loooks like hes on his way there, if not already there

no word on conor, looks like hes never fought there

Last edited:
If I had to guess, dana is giving khabib one last chance to hold onto the title and defend it againt GSP or whoever before he officially vacates him and makes an official title fight...

A fight with GSP is pretty big.....but seems less overwhelming if there is no gold involved, doubt dana would even do it without a belt on the line.

seems like khabib is closing the door if dana announces officially that he has vacated the belt.

If khabib wants to be retired, people should leave him be. he got fans, dana, media in his ear always saying he's gonna be back. Let the guy chill and enjoy being retired.

Agree with you as always - he made a promise to his mom. If his mom agrees and he wants to, that’s a different story.

Agree with you as always - he made a promise to his mom. If his mom agrees and he wants to, that’s a different story.
Yeah, things can always change especially since fighters usually get the itch to go back but it’s only been a few months. Khabib always been a guy of his word and his mom could change her mind like you said.

I disagree. Sometimes you have to save a guy from himself and his influencers. Khabib is throwing away a legendary career if he remains retired. He has much more to gain by continuing to fight.

I disagree. Sometimes you have to save a guy from himself and his influencers. Khabib is throwing away a legendary career if he remains retired. He has much more to gain by continuing to fight.
I disagree with all of this. Like what are u saying? Lol if he beats more guys he alrdy beat his legacy will grow? No.

He needs another 100 million dollars? No.

I disagree with all of this. Like what are u saying? Lol if he beats more guys he alrdy beat his legacy will grow? No.

He needs another 100 million dollars? No.

There is always someone new who will be worth his time.

And yes, why would anyone pass up $100 million? Would you!?

GSP vs Khabib would probably be a 2 million + PPV. Russia, Arab nations, Canada, France, USA...

Huge.

But Khabib is a man of principle. If he promised his mom, it’s probably a done deal. I, sure he respects Dana but that convo would probably be looked at as slimy.

GSP vs Khabib would probably be a 2 million + PPV. Russia, Arab nations, Canada, France, USA...

Huge.

But Khabib is a man of principle. If he promised his mom, it’s probably a done deal. I, sure he respects Dana but that convo would probably be looked at as slimy.

If Conor really is back and motivated, sign me up for Conor vs khabib part 2 over a possible GSP fight.

I also believe 3 million + PPV for a conor vs khabib part 2

Back
Top Bottom