The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I just saw this, I wonder why they moved Umar to Wednesday. Dana mentioned that Khabib would corner someone (turns out to be Umar) Wednesday and then immediately leave the island and not stay for the Conor fight.. Interesting...

"The rescheduled bantamweight matchup between Umar Nurmagomedov and Sergey Morozov will take place three days earlier than initially expected.

Originally booked for the UFC 257 card on Jan. 23, the octagon newcomers will now square off at UFC on ESPN 20 on Jan. 20, which takes place on “Fight Island” in Abu Dhabi."

If you watch the post fight scrum...Dana said Khabib is headed to Vegas after the fight where they’ll talks out his future.

What’s there to stay for? Khabib has beaten Conor and Dustin. Hooker and Chandler aren’t sniffing the title. Other than the boss meeting and cornering his man, Khabib has no reason to be there. He’s not one for pomp and circumstance.

I’m not sure any of those 4 guys are next for Khabib, but he will be back. It is 100% fact.

If you watch the post fight scrum...Dana said Khabib is headed to Vegas after the fight where they’ll talks out his future.

What’s there to stay for? Khabib has beaten Conor and Dustin. Hooker and Chandler aren’t sniffing the title. Other than the boss meeting and cornering his man, Khabib has no reason to be there. He’s not one for pomp and circumstance.
Originally Umar was supposed to fight Saturday which would have been interesting since khabib is cornering him

That’s all

Alex talking spicy about Max and T City. TLDR: Styles make fights. And Alex’s style makes it hard to style on.

Money MAC arrives to the W.

Ya ever stay at that hotel?

Max was in the ZONE, haven’t seen a preformance like that since CODY vs DOM.

that was an all time performance right there, such a treat to watch it live. Max has absolutely reached GOAT status, I think you have to put him up there with Anderson in terms of records, performances and respect from his peers.

kattar didn’t even look like he belonged in there man, it was tough to watch after the 2nd round. Mentally kattar never gonna be the same. But similarly max took a beatdown at the hands of dustin and put on arguably the beat performance of his career Saturday so, good luck to Kattar going forward.

geez that buckley KO was nasty, ducked right into it dayum....and THE LEECH is legit!!!! Ponz looked mega hesitant in there and paid for it.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the UFC start to give Li that “China” push.

so basically what I got from dana’s encrypted interpretation of the meeting with khabib was....he’s done LOL.

Remember it’s not official until khabib WITHDRAWS from the USADA testing pool....so until then anything can happen I guess

Regardless what a way to kick off the year :wow:

I might be more intrigued by the hooker x chandler match up than conor and dustin. Such a good card.

Josh Thomson thinks oliveria could be the one that sparks interest in khabib if oliveria would beat conor

I actually agree with him but I dont know if conor would fight oliveria.. and this assumes conor beats dustin

have Justin fight winner of chandler and hooker

Volk lost the second fight and will lose the trilogy even worse if he beats Ortega.

Also, Oliveira ain’t got **** for Khabib. Beats a shell of Ferguson after an “unmatched run” against subpar talent and everybody thinks he’s champ material. He’s not and never will champ.

Josh Thomson thinks oliveria could be the one that sparks interest in khabib if oliveria would beat conor

I actually agree with him but I dont know if conor would fight oliveria.. and this assumes conor beats dustin

have Justin fight winner of chandler and hooker

I cant help but laugh at the similarities between the run oliveria is on and Tony, and the irony it would be if he does get to fight Khabib

Khabib would beat Olivera.

It’s okay for the chicken to move up to LW and win the title. It’s okay for Henry Cejudo to move up to BW after beating TJ at Fly...then beat Moraes and Cruz. It’s a cool story for DC to be champ champ. Or Amanda to dethrone the greatest women’s MMA fighter to become champ champ.

But fighting a racist Colby. Fighting a WW champ with insane cardio and wrestling. But we’re concerned about a division he’s cleared out. And whose top contenders he’s beaten besides Olivera.

Well, Khabib beat everyone else so if he wants to come back, which I think he will at least one more time in the next two years, I wouldn't want to see anyone but GSP, Max or Oliveria. Just want a fresh matchup

Slight chance for Conor, big if, if he gets the belt and defends the belt which he's never done

Saw that. Dustin is a big dude. Conor probably blows up to 170ish.

And folks not giving Mac credit for that second Porier fight. He was literally fighting someone way bigger than him. And has a time tested method for cutting weight to 155. That was a suicide. The beating from Khabib would’ve been more merciful.

Er56vsaW8AciRGe.png

Back
Top Bottom