The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

It’s pretty normal for most guys to cut 20-30 pounds, especially at 45-55-70

u figure a good 10-15lbs is water weight cut the night before

Shout out to the doods who don’t really cut and fight at their natural weight.

“Khabib doesn’t want the fight. Gsp doesn’t want the fight” -Dana

“I just talked to GSP he dm’d me. When are you coming back GSP?” -khabib

lmao

Yeah, it’s difficult to entertain legacies of guys who never fought in the ufc

I never bought into the idea that Eddie Alvarez or Gilbert Melendez were the number 1 lightweights in the world when they were outside the ufc. I will never agree with anyone proclaiming Chandler would do this or that, just how it is

All three great fighters but there’s that ceiling you hit if you’re not in the ufc

What about folks that were practically done before the UFC really got GOING?

So you mean to tell me Dana never lies or minced his words before?!? *heavy sarcasm

GSP could come to terms with Dana tomorrow and Dana would come up with some BS about his words being misconstrued previously lol.

What about folks that were practically done before the UFC really got GOING?
Just depends on who you’re referring to. It’s all fighter by fighter basis

Chandler is past his prime but he still has a lot of dog in him and isn’t too diminished. A longer fighter in hooker will be a real stout test

Just depends on who you’re referring to. It’s all fighter by fighter basis

Chandler is past his prime but he still has a lot of dog in him and isn’t too diminished. A longer fighter in hooker will be a real stout test

So I randomly saw your post, I didn't look up the context so my fault.

BUt I immediately think of strikers that saw their primes in the mid-90s. Or folks that just never converted to "MMA."

I think of people like Maurice Smith, Ernesto Hoost, Gerard Gordeau.

It is hard to understand their greatest since fighting and UFC are synonymous in our minds.

So I randomly saw your post, I didn't look up the context so my fault.

BUt I immediately think of strikers that saw their primes in the mid-90s. Or folks that just never converted to "MMA."

I think of people like Maurice Smith, Ernesto Hoost, Gerard Gordeau.

It is hard to understand their greatest since fighting and UFC are synonymous in our minds.

I feel like pure kick boxing and Muay Thai are still seen as a seperate thing to MMA though just like boxing is.

But you can see what happens when elite pure strikers like Izzy and Wonderboy make the jump and learn how to keep the fight standing.

Some of the K1 one legends would have done work in mma if they were so inclined. However there was probably way more paper in straight kickboxing back then. UFC was super bummy at that point in time :lol:

I feel like pure kick boxing and Muay Thai are still seen as a seperate thing to MMA though just like boxing is.

But you can see what happens when elite pure strikers like Izzy and Wonderboy make the jump and learn how to keep the fight standing.

Some of the K1 one legends would have done work in mma if they were so inclined. However there was probably way more paper in straight kickboxing back then. UFC was super bummy at that point in time :lol:

Reminder the card tomorrow starts at 6 am pacific time lol

cant wait lol

What was the reasoning behind this ridiculous start time? Some of the fighters said they are fighting at like 2am local time on the maind card.

Also, am I the only one who caught Dana as the only person with no mask on in that scene showing him get off the flight in the embedded?

Lol. Not watching it. Will rewatch on plus later.

Askren definitely joined the UFC a little later than he should’ve. Ran into keen competition. Spent way too much time fighting cans in ONE.

Alvarez came at probably the right time. He became the champ and fought at a high level. He also was a victim of his contract in Bellator. He probably lost a year or two of fighting due to his issues with Bjorn.

Will Brooks didn’t deal with any of those contract shenanigans. He just wasn’t ready for the UFC competition. Crazy because he left beating Chandler back to back times.

Justin Gaethje came from WSOF. Justin has literally only lost to former champs Dustin, Eddie and Khabib since entering the UFC.

LW is the deepest division. Think about it. Has anyone defended the title more than four times?

According to a “statement of claim” from the woman, the report states McGregor is accused of assaulting and raping her at a Dublin hotel early on Dec. 9, 2018 after she refused his advances. Before allegedly raping the woman, McGregor reportedly picked her up and wrapped his arms around her neck – lifting her three times – and stopped her from fighting back.

“That’s how I felt in the octagon, I had to tap myself out three times, that’s how I felt,” the report states of McGregor’s words after the woman bit and hit him. The woman seeks compensation between $1.79 million and $2.13 million for lost earnings, the sale of her Dublin home and purchase of a new home as well as medical expenses.

The report states McGregor the woman was a longtime acquaintance of the fighter’s and exchanged “flirtatious” messages with him on social media before agreeing to meet. The woman was taken to the Dublin hotel by McGregor’s driver and was accompanied by the fighter’s friend. En route, the woman reportedly used cocaine that had been produced by an unknown person.

McGregor is said to have “beckoned” the woman to his bedroom after she arrived at the hotel, according to the report. After the alleged assault, he ordered her to lie beside him on the bed. When she awoke the next morning, McGregor left the hotel with her work friend. McGregor’s friend then gave her a drink, and then afterward, she remembered being in a taxi.

Police later told her that McGregor’s friend claimed he had sex with her, which she said she didn’t remember and didn’t consent to.

The alleged victim’s mother immediately took her to the hospital following the alleged assault, per the report, and bruising was found all over her body along with scrapes on her neck, face and right breast. Sometime in January, she reported the alleged sexual assault to police.

Not defending Conor but why is this lawsuit being brought to light the week of the fight if it happened in late 2018? I know he has done some really bad things like punching that old man in the bar and has some other allegations but the timing just seems like someone saw an opportunity for at least a decent sized settlement.

Not defending Conor but why is this lawsuit being brought to light the week of the fight if it happened in late 2018? I know he has done some really bad things like punching that old man in the bar and has some other allegations but the timing just seems like someone saw an opportunity for at least a decent sized settlement.
The timing was perfect by the Plaintiff's lawyers lol. They was just waiting on that next fight announcement

Back
Top Bottom