The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Masvidal said in an interview with some boxing media outlet that he's fighting for the belt in Aug/Sep :stoneface:
Guess they'll be coaching TUF if it's that far out.

Dumont mad thick. Gawd.

Megan. Can she avoid being on Amanda’s highlight reel? Only GDR, Zigano and Valentina really avoided that lol

It's funny to see everyone for Adesanya now. I remember the comments online at the time, everyone and there Mama swore he would get ended since his fight with Marvin Vetori. Here's how I remember it: Tavares was too much of a step up.. Brunson was going to rag doll him.. Whittaker was going to KO him.. Costa was going to put him in a stretcher. Looks like Isreal has made them all believers. I'm not sleeping on Jan though he looks to be suffocating on the ground and has sneaky chokes.

It's funny to see everyone for Adesanya now. I remember the comments online at the time, everyone and there Mama swore he would get ended since his fight with Marvin Vetori. Here's how I remember it: Tavares was too much of a step up.. Brunson was going to rag doll him.. Whittaker was going to KO him.. Costa was going to put him in a stretcher. Looks like Isreal has made them all believers. I'm not sleeping on Jan though he looks to be suffocating on the ground and has sneaky chokes.

If Izzy wins against Jan where do you guys rank him among star power in the UFC?

I feel IF he wins he needs to cut that perfect promo for the Jones fight. THIS would be the time to do it.

If Izzy wins against Jan where do you guys rank him among star power in the UFC?

I feel IF he wins he needs to cut that perfect promo for the Jones fight. THIS would be the time to do it.

Man if Izzy / Jon happens this year it will be Humongous. But let's stay focused on beating Jan. Let's not forget Blajovic is always expected to loose until he flattens his opponents.

But in regards to star power, I'm 10 times more invested in this fight then I was with, let's say, McGregor Poirier 2.

Last edited:
Jan was expected to lose against Reyes lol.

And as far as star...I think it depends.

Right now I’d say

1 Conor
2 Khabib
3 Masvidal
4 Diaz
5 Jones

Like biker said, if Izzy looks good and can cut a nice swag promo. Most definitely, he could explode in popularity. I probably have him #6 on that popularity list.

My only knock on your top 5 list is conor is coming off an L and only has 1 win in how many years? Khabib is gone as of right now, and Diaz/masvidal both lost there last fight.

izzy so far is undefeated and stock only keeps rising every single fight. I know getting through Jan is going to be the toughest task to date BUT if Izzy can do it I don’t wanna see any other fight but that jones fight. Have the two of them fight in August in raider stadium in Vegas with fans.

A die hard fan can only hope.

Man jones looks like Myles Garrett now. His videos are crazy, his body is massive

I think izzy will have to fight at heavyweight if he wants to fight jones

to go back down in weight would seem not ideal for Jones

My only knock on your top 5 list is conor is coming off an L and only has 1 win in how many years? Khabib is gone as of right now, and Diaz/masvidal both lost there last fight.

izzy so far is undefeated and stock only keeps rising every single fight. I know getting through Jan is going to be the toughest task to date BUT if Izzy can do it I don’t wanna see any other fight but that jones fight. Have the two of them fight in August in raider stadium in Vegas with fans.

A die hard fan can only hope.
Are you basing this on the intent of the company and actual popularity? Conor is the biggest star in MMA. Regardless of losses. That’s why UFC might go with McGregor/Porier 3 near the summer.

Diaz and Masvidal still have buzz. Why would Usman choose Masvidal except because he represents the biggest name at WW?

And Dana is perusing Khabib to stay and fight one more time or more. Yeah, he retired. But we know he’s going to talk to Khabib in March. Khabib “retired” in October. We literally had a special on ABC to see if he was going to come back.

Not taking anything away from Izzy. I think he can easily climb to #3 behind Khabib or McGregor.

And Vince. JBJ is definitely larger. He probably walked around at 225ish. I think he said he gained 15 pounds of muscle. I’m not sure if that was the best decision. Especially with Stipe being in the 230s and fast. The last two HW champs were in the 230s.

Last edited:
Man jones looks like Myles Garrett now. His videos are crazy, his body is massive

I think izzy will have to fight at heavyweight if he wants to fight jones

to go back down in weight would seem not ideal for Jones

When I see those heavyweight Jon Jones training clips I can't help but think of those calf kicks Adesanya landed on Romero/Costa. Those twigs will not stand a chance...

If you all can't tell I have been backing Adesanya since his UFC debut. I hope he ends up going down as the best that ever did it in this generation.

But I have to come clean and say that I think there is something suspect about that hole breast thing. From smoking too much weed? I want to give him the benifit of the doubt but the fact that he said he was getting it tested and we haven't heard much else about it is very strange. Media brushed that under the rug too quick for my taste. And the only time I saw Adesanya or Eugene Bareman uncomfortable in an interview was when asked about that right titty. Something fishy, but I hope I'm wrong and that it never comes out haha. There, got it off my chest.

i cant wait for saturday, hope we dont lose many fights during the week, i normally wouldnt say this cause you know jinx's but every event loses at least one it seems

i cant wait for saturday, hope we dont lose many fights during the week, i normally wouldnt say this cause you know jinx's but every event loses at least one it seems

Siiiiiick. Prelims are stacked too.

Main PPV Card

Jan Blachowicz vs. Israel Adesanya

Amanda Nunes vs. Megan Anderson

Petr Yan vs. Aljamain Sterling

Drew Dober vs. Islam Makhachev

Aleksandar Rakic vs. Thiago Santos

I went 180 on this guy. Was easy to like at first but now he's even worse than Tito Ortiz. So unlikable man. I hope Whittaker sleeps this weirdo

“I was kind of drunk (when) I fought, maybe, on a hangover. I couldn’t sleep because of the cramps. Keep in mind that the fight happens at 9 a.m., we have to wake up at 5 to get ready, stretch, wrap the hands. The UFC told us to wake up at 5 in the morning to go to the arena to fight. I hadn’t slept until 2:30,” Costa said (h/t MMAFighting.com).

“It was my mistake and I don’t blame anyone else, it was something I chose, but, in order to try to sleep, because I had to sleep since I was awake for 24 hours, I had wine, too much wine, a bottle to try to blackout. I had a glass and didn’t work. Two glasses, it didn’t work. Half bottle didn’t work. I had it all.”

That Calvin K stat is misleading. That damage and loss he sustained was primarily from the amount of head strikes and possible CTE.

Also, I think they really should have spread the Fights on this card with others.

Like it’s really ridiculous. There’s not a real huge head liner. But maybe the stacked nature and Izzy can carry it to 1 milly.

I went 180 on this guy. Was easy to like at first but now he's even worse than Tito Ortiz. So unlikable man. I hope Whittaker sleeps this weirdo

“I was kind of drunk (when) I fought, maybe, on a hangover. I couldn’t sleep because of the cramps. Keep in mind that the fight happens at 9 a.m., we have to wake up at 5 to get ready, stretch, wrap the hands. The UFC told us to wake up at 5 in the morning to go to the arena to fight. I hadn’t slept until 2:30,” Costa said (h/t MMAFighting.com).

“It was my mistake and I don’t blame anyone else, it was something I chose, but, in order to try to sleep, because I had to sleep since I was awake for 24 hours, I had wine, too much wine, a bottle to try to blackout. I had a glass and didn’t work. Two glasses, it didn’t work. Half bottle didn’t work. I had it all.”

The denial is strong in the Costa camp.

If anything what Costas latest comments about being saucy (if even true) shows is that Adesanya won the mental warfare side of things. Couldn't sleep..the stress was eating at him.

Back
Top Bottom