The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

They better not feed her Clarissa Shields waaay too soon. Shields needs to get at least a good solid 1.5 years in working that ground/grappling game and building up in comp.
Even with 1.5 years...it’ll still be tough. They’re both Olympic Gold Medalists. But that judo will probably take her down and GnP.

Kayla is like Rhonda light right now. I’m sure her hands/stand up will eventually be better training at AKA.

I wish Claressa the best. And hope she can conquer the sport. Wish she’d have went with a different team than Jack/Wink. Feel like wrestling wise ATT is probably the best. Overall game AKA seems solid. Whitman got his folks singing in stand up.

Kayla is def like Ronda 2.0 but the much improved overall version. Her wrestling is much more ferocious and she’s just much more of a physical specimen

That jump might be too much but I’d sure like to see usman try if he wants to

“With the whole Marvin and Israel situation, I don’t necessarily want to think about that. I’m 100 percent behind Izzy and I think he can pull it out. I love Marvin as well but I think Izzy can pull that one out. He’s done it before and I think he can and I think he will. But if there was a case to where I would actually go up and challenge for that belt it would be without Izzy being in the picture. So if Izzy’s not champ, then it’s something I could take a look at,” Usman said (h/t MMAFighting.com).

Kayla is def like Ronda 2.0 but the much improved overall version. Her wrestling is much more ferocious and she’s just much more of a physical specimen
I think Ronda had the benefit of at least fighting in Strikeforce and UFC, so we can't say she didn't face the best competition.

She is a tad bit larger. I think Kayla has better coaching than Ronda ever had.

But competing in WSOF/PFL and Invicta doesn't necessarily translate to success in UFC. But I'm excited. The question is if she's willing to cut to 145 consistently. Or is Dana/Endeavor willing to create a 155 Division. 145 is so barren.

I'm def an Izzy fan and I think he'll hold the belt for a long time but I would love to see some of these matchups

Usman vs Rob
Usman vs Paulo
Usman vs Cannonier (sp?)

Would be really crazy if Glover can win the belt at his age after all these years (and of course Jones leaving). Going to be a hard match up for him but should be a fun one.

this is glovers last shot so dana can immediately cut him after lol

I’m usually wrong but I don’t see glovers chin holding up to that legendary polish power 😂

I don't know where she goes from there if she wins.

You'd think with Rondamania a few years ago, it would have led to this whole influx of talent into 135 and 145. But those divisions are very shallow right now.

How is Julianna fighting Nunes anyways. She’s ranked 6. It’s like she has a win win situation cause I am sure this will be her biggest payday even if she loses.

How is Julianna fighting Nunes anyways. She’s ranked 6. It’s like she has a win win situation cause I am sure this will be her biggest payday even if she loses.

Germaine de Randamie: Smoked Her Boots 2x
Holly Holm: Smoked Her Boots 2x
Aspen Ladd: Coming Back From ACL/MCL Tear
Irene Aldana: Took an L to Holly in what would've been a title eliminator for her
Yana Kunitskaya: Likely next to get fed to the Lionness

And that is how you end up with the #6 rank woman fighting for the belt

Hilarious that she talks about Nunes losing to Cat in 2014 and she hasn't adjusted or gotten better but getting subbed by Germaine de Randamie was a small mistake that she made an adjustment to.

^^^Looks like a shallow pool.

And in her defense, GDR didn't get smoked last time. It was more like smothered after she smoked Amanda on her feet.

115 is definitely the most exciting and deepest female division right now.

SMH at FLW having 0, losing DJ and Cejudo retiring really hurt that division (not saying it was that strong to begin with but man that division would be interesting with those two guys still there).

Back
Top Bottom