The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I think Ariel is trying to monetize his brand via multiple streams:

Spotify/The Ringer
His articles on the platform
His extracurricular interviews on his YouTube (and trying to raise the number of subscribers on that)
Covering Combat Sports for BT Sports (before and after cards like he did for ESPN)
Resurrecting the MMA Hour on MMAfighting/Vox

He’s got his fingers dipped in different wells Vice the all inclusive Spotify deal Joe Rogan had.

Yeah, all things considered, Silva looked real good. Man's looked like he was having the time of his life out there. Canelo coming to the ring after and showing him some love was great to see too.

Hate how the UFC did him for his retirement fight. A real legend like that shouldnt be leaving at an empty training facility.

A lil wild to me that Ariel left ESPN, especially after they let him do the NBA (which seemed like his ultimate dream world with MMA/NBA) and even more shocked he went back to MMAFighting. I recently saw that Shaun Al Shatti also went back to MMAFighting as well

Hope nobody loses a spot or a job there due to this because I really enjoy all of the current MMAFighting staff

Rob wasn't in his right mind the first time, pressure def got to him and he was shook. Shook at how Izzy was being so mean to him lol and Rob was tired of being champ on top of that. Izzy played all the right mind games

This time around I expect a war, feel like it's going to be flames. Rob aint with the mental warfare and seems in a good place

Felt like anderson won MMA a little more respect from the boxing world with his preformance on Saturday…..gotta take the elite/high level strikers seriously.

Andersons always had the movement and timing in his arsenal, other than him I cant think of any other high level strikers in mma

As great as Jon Jones is at mma, he's never displayed what Anderson has

In mma, Anderson is like the personification of the phrase "like water"

Last edited:
Izzy definitely made more thank half a million on that last fight. Between the “flat” pay, undisclosed bonuses and PPV points.

I think the rematch with Bobby Knuckles will definitely garner more attention than the first fight.

Also…Ariel. I don’t think he took a spot on MMAfighting. Why? Because all he’s doing is the MMA Hour. He has all those other deals. Pre and Post Fight BT Sports. Another podcast on Ringer/Spotify. His writing is behind a pay wall. He probably saw all this money out there thanks to the Spotify, YouTube, etc. Now, he can be independent and increase his market potential. Whereas, he was boxed in to ESPN. The ceiling was high at ESPN if he was given the opportunity. But he was never going to be a Screaming A Smith.

Nate DEFINITELY made more than that.

Not to say it’s not accurate when it comes to the lower card guys, Nate definitely commands a hefty sum, especially having to carry a personality vacuum like Leon Edwards.

Rob wasn't in his right mind the first time, pressure def got to him and he was shook. Shook at how Izzy was being so mean to him lol and Rob was tired of being champ on top of that. Izzy played all the right mind games

This time around I expect a war, feel like it's going to be flames. Rob aint with the mental warfare and seems in a good place

I don’t think Rob has any wars left in him.

that chin gone and not getting any better.

he’s been rocked, dropped or stopped in all off his last fights. Yes he’s been winning but his durability is waining.

them wars have indeed taken their toll.

Robs best shot is to get in close and work in the pocket like Gastelum did….gotta be calculated though. Your in the pocket a second too long against SB, it’s lights out.

I think rob does BETTER, but SB eventually finishes him.

Andersons always had the movement and timing in his arsenal, other than him I cant think of any other high level strikers in mma
None bro, just anderson?

Oh I don’t know, Conor Mcgregor, dustin poirer, nate diaz, gustaffson, jorge masvidal, jose aldo, max holloway, amanda nunes I think would all do well in boxing to name a few off the top of my head…..

I mean thats what your saying…not me

with good matchups, them guys can all be competitive.

obviously your not going to throw them in there with contenders right away….but all them cats can box.

I mean thats what your saying…not me

with good matchups, them guys can all be competitive.

obviously your not going to throw them in there with contenders right away….but all them cats can box.

I guess 'doing well' is subjective...

Granted they're all tough as **** and have good hands for MMA.

And if you're hand picking opponents i'm sure they could put on a show.

None bro, just anderson?

Oh I don’t know, Conor Mcgregor, dustin poirer, nate diaz, gustaffson, jorge masvidal, jose aldo, max holloway, amanda nunes I think would all do well in boxing to name a few off the top of my head…..

None, those guys are good mma strikers

Rewatch Anderson silvas very first fight in the ufc and pay attention to his footwork

Can you tell me any of the guys you listed have ever moved like that?

Anderson was an enigma

Back
Top Bottom