The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Well according to the UFC LW rankings he's still at #9 but looks like that hasn't been updated since this past Saturday's fights. I think Islam could also be a fight away if he beats someone like Dariush or Chandler. If he has to settle for someone like Hooker then he likely has to win another after to get a shot.

Islam linked to fight everyone lol

Ali going to demand a bag for both clients if Islam is forced to fight Benny

Otherwise any of rda, Tony, hooker or chandler make sense for Islam

Id prefer chandler vs Justin

hooker should get a less caliber opponent to get him right

Would enjoy seeing Islam fight tony, just because of khabib being Islam coach and how entertaining tony would be at a press conference for that specific fight

Man would absolutely ragdoll the **** out of Tony. Would rather see him fight RDA or Hooker just to see how he really compares to the next tier of the division. Saw that he said he doesn't want to fight Hooker cause he's past him now.. Smh. Big difference with the Dobers and the Moises of the world compared to Dan.

That’s pay back for hooker not wanting to fight Islam in 2019 for “not having a big name” lol

Hooker should fight either rda or Tony to get back on track

Islam can fight whomever doesn’t fight hooker from the above

Just saw the updated rankings and Islam is indeed #5. So if UFC really wants to set him up a fight with Hooker(now #8 )makes little sense. He doesn't exactly have the most entertaining style though so UFC could make him fight twice more before a shot (in no way saying that's how it should be but he also hasn't beat anyone in the top 10 yet).

Wouldn’t put it past Dana to have Connor finish off with Dustin, Diaz, and/or Islam (closest to Khabib he’ll get).

No reason for him to as he seems washed but $$$$$

Just saw the updated rankings and Islam is indeed #5. So if UFC really wants to set him up a fight with Hooker(now #8 )makes little sense. He doesn't exactly have the most entertaining style though so UFC could make him fight twice more before a shot (in no way saying that's how it should be but he also hasn't beat anyone in the top 10 yet).
Agreed plus it just makes sense to build Islam's name up a bit more. Def want to showcase him against a big name

RDA or Tony next

Justin or Chandler (maybe even Benny) after that for a title shot

Benny has always had the talent but it is absolutely surreal to see him ranked #3 lol (has he been there for a while?)

Happy for the dude, as weird as he is and as worthless as the rankings are

Benny has always had the talent but it is absolutely surreal to see him ranked #3 lol (has he been there for a while?)

Happy for the dude, as weird as he is and as worthless as the rankings are

the only notable win I can think of off the top of my head for Benny is Tony and I feel like it doesn’t mean much these days with how he’s looked over the last year.

Benny beat Ferriera before Tony which was a really good win. He's also beaten Dober and Moises on his 7 fight win streak

Benny deserves to be top 5 for sure

Not sure how Islam goes to #5 after beating a #14 ranked Moises but we all knew rankings don't mean anything

Not sure how Islam goes to #5 after beating a #14 ranked Moises but we all knew rankings don't mean anything
Think more than anything it has to do with Conor and Tony falling all the way off, hooker on a two fight losing streak as well . Rda has been away from the division for a long time other than the felder fight

I think Islam is ranked accurately, maybe a spot back if anything. The dudes behind him don’t have great case to be ranked ahead

The rankings aren’t imperical, analytical, etc. It’s literally driven by the UFC interests. That is a massive jump. He should have definitely fought a top eight opponent. Now it’s going to be worse for him…except if he accepts fights from lesser opponents.I cannot see Justin, Dustin, Chandler or Dariush fighting him. But I could see the RDA fight happening.

In terms of skills, the man is a real top 3-5 of the division. But I see why people saying beating a number 15 Dober and 14 Moises shouldn't jump you from 9 to 5.

That being said, this is the same rankings system that kept Conor top 5 after beating a washed Cerrone at 170 and not having a win at 55 since Eddie lol. So is what it is.

Hookers only lost to the guy who last fought for the belt and a close fight to the guy who should've/will be fighting for it. Hooker should be that number 5/6

And Islam saying Hooker losing 3 of 6 is the reason why he doesn't want to fight him is lols. Man's is literally calling out Tony who's on a 3 fight L streak getting mopped in all 3. Makes me look a bit sideways at him even though I think Islam is an elite fighter.

I'm just wondering where he should be ranked then. Conor and Tony don't deserve to be ranked higher

So are you guys saying Hooker and RDA should be ahead of Islam?

Hookers only lost to the guy who last fought for the belt and a close fight to the guy who should've/will be fighting for it. Hooker should be that number 5/6

And Islam saying Hooker losing 3 of 6 is the reason why he doesn't want to fight him is lols. Man's is literally calling out Tony who's on a 3 fight L streak getting mopped in all 3. Makes me look a bit sideways at him even though I think Islam is an elite fighter.
Hooker at 5, Islam at 6. No issue with that. So it's not really that massive of a jump for Islam. Plus Islam beat Arman who is also now ranked

Hooker imo lost to Felder though, so he should be on a 3 fight losing streak

Hooker is only getting pay back for ducking Islam in 2019. It is what it is

The Tony fight makes perfect sense to build Islam's name and since there's history with Tony and Khabib. And don't forget, Islam called out Chandler as well

The Tony fight makes perfect sense to build Islam's name and since there's history with Tony and Khabib. And don't forget, Islam called out Chandler as well

Does it though? Yeah Tony has a name but I feel like media would make that more about Khabib/Tony than anything. Also doesn't help that Islam doesn't have the personality like Khabib does. Khabib used to maul cats while talking to them in the cage at the same time :lol:. Even the post fight interview after the MJ fight calling out the UFC and Conor when they reneged on his title fight.

Might just be my soft spot for Tony though and not wanting to see that man get dominated for a 4th straight time :lol:

I think Islam just needs that older name that fighters usually beat to take the next step up in visibility

I absolutely think Tony fits that. Rda can too

Islam highlights how underrated khabibs personality was

Idk how Islam’s will evolve but I’ll give him some time to find his voice. But we probably all just need to stop tying Islam and khabib together because they’re not the exact same

Back
Top Bottom