The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

You want a hardcore hardcore deep preview on the UFC card.... watch this

Their knowledge always surprises me lol. They literally know the very first fighters on most every card

It's insane. The woman knows her ****, she's a better analyst than a lot of these other bigger names

Another good point by Hardy on Burns: he hasn't subbed anyone in a long time (especially since moving to 170)

Last sub was 3 years ago... and before that was in 2016

You want a hardcore hardcore deep preview on the UFC card.... watch this

Their knowledge always surprises me lol. They literally know the very first fighters on most every card

It's insane. The woman knows her ****, she's a better analyst than a lot of these other bigger names

Damn had no idea she and hardy were dating.

Chimaev demeanor is hilarious. Gave a good lil interview today

I hope the hype is real, I wanna see how far he takes this

He was living in the gym in basically a closet until recently... picturing himself making it... he just want to take care of his mom... these types of dudes is the scariest types

If Khamzat can grapple**** Gilbert everyone else in the division midas whale become family men.
These Russian dudes actually seem to enjoy fighting, Yan and Chimaev especially. Yan was laughing about breaking his knuckles in street fights in the Embedded lol

Like, that's just different

I mean I think Brazilians had that aura about them back in the day

Russians these days come in with their chain wrestling mixed with sheer robotic will... now these dudes is evolving with the striking... on top of being happy to fight...

Generally I don't feel like humans actually enjoy fighting, they can do it but they don't in general enjoy it (i.e. Diaz brothers, GSP etc)

Like, all of Khabib's people, Yan, Chimaev, all the Magomedov's, Magomeds, etc. etc. these guys legit will be happy to scrap

It has begun

“I don’t know! It doesn’t really matter. Whoever they tell me to fight. If the rankings match right and the UFC makes that fight, I’m gonna do it without hesitation. But it’s not the right time to all him out, cuz he’s got an upcoming fight and might fight for a title potentially. The callouts are unnecessary now. Once I’ll get to him (in the rankings) we’ll fight!”

When asked if he’s surprised how easily Khamzat deals with the opposition, not unlike himself, Shavkat said this:

“I’m not surprised at all! There’s nothing extraordinary in what he does. Certainly he’s a good wrestler and he does a great job out there, he feels confident too, unlike his opponents. But it we fight it might be a different picture, a different fight.”

Chimaev is big as hell for the division. Think he can over power most of these guys at 170. He's got to be close to 200-205 come fight night, with Burns maybe around 180-185.

I can see Burns lasting maybe 2 rounds just off his toughness but wouldn't be surprised if he gets steamrolled. Burns needs to make it a grappling match right off the back and shoot/chain wrestle. He'll get popped like Meerschaert if he tries to lean on his wild hooks to hurt him.

Ian Garry was very honest about who he is right now. Very different than paddy

Garry knows he isn’t ready yet he’s not in a rush but he has high ambition still to be the best

Paddy knows that’ll never happen and doesn’t talk like that

Ian Garry was very honest about who he is right now. Very different than paddy

Garry knows he isn’t ready yet he’s not in a rush but he has high ambition still to be the best

Paddy knows that’ll never happen and doesn’t talk like that
i think garry will be more successful than paddy, unless paddy changes his style cause thats dudes gonna get dropped by a ranked opponent

Paddy knows he’s just a cash cow so he’s gonna navigate that way

Garry thinks that he can for real be the best and is training at Sanford

It’s interesting contrast on these two newcomers

Paddy would get wrecked by anyone around the top 35 at 155. If he were actually serious about being a contender, he'd be much better back at 145. Would never happen though with mans looking like he's in his third trimester a week after every fight he has.

Khamzat just has this aura that he lives and breathes this chaos. The quote he had about Conor and how his stardom made him actualize that he could be that high and mighty someday is just his clear calling. At that point, you can't even claim he's cocky, he's just actualizing his beliefs and shoot I believe him.... Stardom is a different beast tho, so I'm interested to see how he handles it when he gets there.

Back
Top Bottom