The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Conor low key racist.

Also, there are no rules or parameters lol.

Charles was literally a half pound over. Did he have to get stripped? Dana says it’s the rules. Meanwhile Khabib can be over 155 in his last fight becuz the commission didn’t even let the bar settle…

I don’t have an issue with interim titles. But I agree. There’s literally no parameters. Like right now with Francis having a major knee injury and rehabbing plus negotiations there’s nothing wrong with it because he won’t come back in a year.

It’s only May. Usman defended his title in November. Are we saying he can’t defend by November?

Not sure what’s up with Figgy.

Conor low key racist.

Also, there are no rules or parameters lol.

Charles was literally a half pound over. Did he have to get stripped? Dana says it’s the rules. Meanwhile Khabib can be over 155 in his last fight becuz the commission didn’t even let the bar settle…

I don’t have an issue with interim titles. But I agree. There’s literally no parameters. Like right now with Francis having a major knee injury and rehabbing plus negotiations there’s nothing wrong with it because he won’t come back in a year.

It’s only May. Usman defended his title in November. Are we saying he can’t defend by November?

Not sure what’s up with Figgy.
Mike heck reminded that Dana said iaquinta would be champ if he beat khabib even if iaquinta were to miss weight

It is not the Arizona commission championship it is the ufc championship

Good point

he last fought in November .. still kind iffy but the ufc likes to plan way ahead now so I could definitely see them making an interim

It’s a payday for both never heard of any fighter complain about abu Dubai . You leave the belt for over 6 months with no champion don’t make sense either . If you let Islam fight Dariush then the belt is open for around 9 to 11 months unless u give Connor the shot

I just think it's Charles hiding behind Dana's insistence on that match up while trying to generate a money fight.

The only thing...is the LW title is vacant. Play around and watch you get out the title picture.

My man been through three straight barn burner wars. Probably sustained CTE.

There’s a possibility he wants to avoid the Dagestan wrestling.

I agree with you (and have been). Islam should be next up.

But Dariush also can claim he’s right up there as well. He’s on a seven fight win streak. At the time, he beat the higher ranked opponent in Tony Ferguson (Tony was #5 at the time, Hooker was #6 when Islam fought him). He’s been fighting higher level opponents longer. We’ll see what happens.

My man been through three straight barn burner wars. Probably sustained CTE.

There’s a possibility he wants to avoid the Dagestan wrestling.

I agree with you (and have been). Islam should be next up.

But Dariush also can claim he’s right up there as well. He’s on a seven fight win streak. At the time, he beat the higher ranked opponent in Tony Ferguson (Tony was #5 at the time, Hooker was #6 when Islam fought him). He’s been fighting higher level opponents longer. We’ll see what happens.
Yeah Dariush is up there, Charles should fight Islam or Dariush. Imo Islam has the edge but either would be great

But all these guys deserve money fights so I can't hate him for pulling this stunt

Sporting wise it's trash but that's what happens when Dana doesn't pay what he should

I mean…isn’t Islam with Khabib in his corner in Abu Dhabi a money fight?

As far as pay, gotta wait to see what happens with Nate and Francis. I appreciated Tony speaking out. No fear.

idk, honestly should be. who knows what Dana is doing

Conor just seems like the easy pickings Golden Ticket. He probably has one more loss before he loses that title

idk, honestly should be. who knows what Dana is doing

Conor just seems like the easy pickings Golden Ticket. He probably has one more loss before he loses that title
Who loses what title? Right now, that LW is probably on Dana’s beautiful marble or granite countertop. He’ll probably wear it for that tase testing show.

I gotta admit. That co-main affected my mental. Definitely wasn’t as hyped as I was during the Aljo/Yan card. Hopefully, Jiri/Glover and Valentina Squash match bring the hype back.

Ughhh not looking forward to islam as champ.

5 round, wrestling heavy main events.

Meh just when the division started to get exciting again
That's fair.

He definitely doesn't have the same personality, humor, dominance as Khabib.

But Dagestan just didn't appear on the map. Khabib retired a year and a half ago. We KNEW Islam was next. Eh, it's not our fault these camps have Pat Barry's making game plans or strategies.

In Charley Olive's defense, he has had four back-to-back exciting fights. But won't lie...I'd love to see Islam/Conor lol (just to cement he's washed).

I think Dana would want islam/Conor too just for the money grab.
100%, I'm sure Dana and co. are salivating at potential matchups for Conor when he returns later summer/early fall. Personally I'd really like to see Chandler fight him, that fight would be guaranteed fireworks.

Back
Top Bottom