The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

yeah def should be Khamzat if Usman gets passed Leon. I might have jinxed Leon though by betting him :lol:. I've been losing my ufc bets :frown:

IF Leon wins, we automatically getting a rematch or does usman chase money fights or still move up ?
If that happens I'd say they def give Usman an immediate rematch and they could really push the trilogy aspect. Plus Usman's stock would really drop and he's not fighting Izzy so they definitely wouldn't have him jump the line at LHW at that point. Only Frankie gets a shot with loss' at another weight class lol.

I thought TJ lost his last fight

I still can’t believe Pettis was getting 750k a fight with the pfl
Yoooooo.

That’s wild if true. In 2022, Anthony Pettis getting that kind of money? No wonder he was dripped down on Ariel’s show.

I hope Burgos got the bag from PFL as well. And hopefully…he can get that bag in the tournament.

I’ve never wished these fighters could be independent contractors. That way Khamzat could chase a Bellator championship while Usman is tied up with Leon. These divisions get so log jammed. Khamzat definitely deserves a title fight IF he can get pass Nate (or will he pull another McGregor like upset).

I never understand fighters lowballing their opponents pre fight. Like, if you just admit that usman is one of the best out and you end up beating him, you can claim that

Now if you beat usman, you simply beat “a good fighter” lmao

Yeah. I don’t agree with him. Usman has been busy the last few years. Leon has not. We haven’t seen much of Leon besides a finger poke finish and a decent performance an undersized Nate Diaz.

Usman hasn’t had a choice in his fights. He’s been fighting the best. Colby twice. Masvidal twice. Gilbert. Now Leon.

My man hasn’t really done much wrestling except for the Woodley and first Masvidal fights. His striking has gotten so much better. He can easily GSP the fight.

Not saying Leon is hating or doesn’t have a chance…

But Usman deserves his accolades.

Usman has improved leaps and bounds since the og fight with Leon. Also outside of the RDA and Luque wins he doesn't really have impressive wins, I know losing the TWood fight and the start of the pandemic hurt him a bit but that's old news at this point. If Usman is 100% healthy I just don't see a way Leon wins this with his pitter patter style and lack of explosiveness.

Merab said he’s been training with topuria

The aldo merab fight gonna be crazy. 3 rounds. Honestly can’t say who has the advantage

Rockhold came in hot today, he was going off on everyone lol. Referenced the cheaters vitor and romero

Talked about how everyone always wrote him off his whole career

Said he’s been sober for 7 months… ehh

That Luke portion seemed tense and confrontational. Probably followed by Acosta wanting to bet these “journalists” if he’s going to make weight.

Sad…when Schmo is the face of the MMA fourth estate.

Man’s is getting eaten in the cawlments…..

Bruh if Petr couldn’t put him out, idk if TJ does. Aljo is a big bantamweight. TJ would need that EPO to put him away.
Obviously we look back with coke bottle scientist glasses and question the dubious nature of his career. But we can’t front and say he wasn’t explosive or didn’t have KOs.

I’ll say Aljo only has that one violent KO loss. And he definitely survived the Yan train twice. I’d say wrestling might nullify. So then it’s striking or grappling. I give the striking edge to TJ. The grappling to AlJo.

Rockhold came in hot today, he was going off on everyone lol. Referenced the cheaters vitor and romero

Talked about how everyone always wrote him off his whole career

Said he’s been sober for 7 months… ehh

Glad to see Luke or any fighter talk back towards this new guard of mma media. The whole full send crowd makes it so hard to enjoy the sport. They’re really the next gen just bleeds

Obviously we look back with coke bottle scientist glasses and question the dubious nature of his career. But we can’t front and say he wasn’t explosive or didn’t have KOs.

I’ll say Aljo only has that one violent KO loss. And he definitely survived the Yan train twice. I’d say wrestling might nullify. So then it’s striking or grappling. I give the striking edge to TJ. The grappling to AlJo.
Tj for sure has way cleaner striking and one of the best foot work. I wonder who dictates the pace with TJ’s fluidity or Aljo’s awkwardness.

TJ hurt himself pretty bad in that Cory fight, and those transitions are where Aljo thrives. Especially with his lazy wrestling, you know Aljo will be looking wreck those knees with those Renzo trips

Man....I had no idea there was a Full Send MMA youtube channel. Now I feel like Youtube is going to recommend me all their crap.

Just heard Luke’s interview. Can’t say I am a super fan but I do hope he wins his fight. Kind of wouldn’t mind seeing him and Stylebender go at it even though I am sure it will be a one sided fight.

Luke good. My man has modeled professionally and Scott Coker would gladly take him in Bellator. Or he could go to PFL for their PPV cards.

Bro, I’m in LA. My Japanese homie? I’m getting him some Chinese food (which is ironic). SMH. I don’t know who Full Send are.

Back
Top Bottom