The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Luke probably angsty as well from the weight cut.

If he doesn't win can't see his stint in the Ufc lasting for much longer with him constantly bashing the management. He's already done well on the modelling side that side gig alone probably pays much more without getting punched in the face.

Screenshot_20220818-112210_theScore.jpg

licensed-image.jpeg

That’s fair.

My man used to be slick with the kicks and grappling. But I agree. Costa could go Terminator on him. Luke doesn’t have the outside striking a la Izzy.

Luke really used to be a monster at 185. Guy had an Anthony Pettis-esque fall off. Looking like a damn near unbeatable World champion one day and then straight into a sub .500 win percentage.

But if Costa can take Luke's shots well he can definitely walk him down. Should be interesting.

I just went down a mini rabbit hole

Followed Luke's career after KO'd David Branch (btw, Branch was hurting Luke)

At the time GSP had won the belt and was scheduled to defend against Robert Whittaker next. This was the first forgotten memory, I don't even remember that matchup at all lol. But imagine that matchup :wow:

But instead of defending, GSP vacated due to his health (or so he says lol) and the belt was given to Whittaker- who was then scheduled to face Luke for the belt. This was the second forgotten memory, again I can't recall this matchup lol. But imagine that matchup too :nerd:

Whittaker ends up getting hurt and now Romero steps in.... Romero missed weight by 3 lbs :lol: and destroys Luke

Jones/stipe I guess?

Doesn’t sound like Francis coming back anytime soon after complaining about loosing a milli on a crypto deal sponsorship because of the ufc

Jones/stipe I guess?

Doesn’t sound like Francis coming back anytime soon after complaining about loosing a milli on a crypto deal sponsorship because of the ufc
Only fight they've really been talking about for Jones' HW debut, I'll believe it when it's officially announced though.

what!????? French commission is a got Damb joke

Doumbe, who holds a MMA record of 2-0, was pulled from UFC's first-ever card in Paris after the local commission reportedly decided he didn't have enough experience to fight on the Sept. 3 card opposite Darian Weeks. As a result, the promotion ultimately decided to end his contract, multiple people knowledge of the promotion’s plans told MMA Fighting.

“I signed the contract – they didn’t cut me off, I just have to do my papers, my license etc. with the federation,” said Doumbe, referring to French Boxing Federation that oversees MMA in France. “That’s why, as long as I haven’t done my license, I can’t fight in France. And afterward, when it is announced in the country in question, I will also have to do the paperwork for the country in question.”

I just went down a mini rabbit hole

Followed Luke's career after KO'd David Branch (btw, Branch was hurting Luke)

At the time GSP had won the belt and was scheduled to defend against Robert Whittaker next. This was the first forgotten memory, I don't even remember that matchup at all lol. But imagine that matchup :wow:

But instead of defending, GSP vacated due to his health (or so he says lol) and the belt was given to Whittaker- who was then scheduled to face Luke for the belt. This was the second forgotten memory, again I can't recall this matchup lol. But imagine that matchup too :nerd:

Whittaker ends up getting hurt and now Romero steps in.... Romero missed weight by 3 lbs :lol: and destroys Luke
The MW division was in such a weird spot after Bisping won the belt. Bisping goes on to fight Hendo who was one of the least deserving for a shot, after he wins there he loses to GSP and yea it seemed like GSP had no intention of fighting Robbie.

This all could have been avoided if Luke didn't get caught by Bisping or Weidman didn't get injured. If Weidman didn't get hurt I doubt Bisping would have fought for the belt next, he likely would have had to take a fight against Romero or someone else close to the top.

The MW division was in such a weird spot after Bisping won the belt. Bisping goes on to fight Hendo who was one of the least deserving for a shot, after he wins there he loses to GSP and yea it seemed like GSP had no intention of fighting Robbie.

This all could have been avoided if Luke didn't get caught by Bisping or Weidman didn't get injured. If Weidman didn't get hurt I doubt Bisping would have fought for the belt next, he likely would have had to take a fight against Romero or someone else close to the top.
The Reaper Aka Bobby Knuckles would have still arose to titleship. UFC wanted GSP to fight him. And GSP came with the retirement due to “stomach issues.”

They gave Luke an interim title shot against Romero. That fizzled due to Romero’s weight and Luke getting TKO’d. Weidman was never the same after that Luke fight. My man has had horrible bad luck.

And Izzy wasn’t too far behind.

MW is talentless until a new crop like Bo come up. Silva, Hall, Henderson, Weidman, etc all retired, etc.

Hoping MW and LHW can get deeper again.

Back
Top Bottom