The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Oh, and don’t forget Belal has been training with khabib and will be cornered by him

Also don’t forget: the prelims start at 7 am pacific time

I’ll be up by 7:30 to watch mokaev
Damn thanks for the heads up on the start time. What a waste of a huge card…

So main card starts at 2 PM.

Mad early card but not mad as I can have my evening.
GOAT debate is hard, and should probably be done by era. Recency bias always plays a factor to me, and I think the best today might be the best of all time.
For LW, it’s tough.

Penn despite the tail end of his career was an all time.

Then Khabib came and crushed it. It sucks he didn’t go for 30-0 and set the LW title defense high mark.

Charles obviously took the baton and has been running with it. If he beats Islam then his resume is probably better than Khabib. But the GOAT is still debatable. Khabib never lost. He was dominant all but one round to McGregor (which he might have been going for the rope a dope). Charles legitimately did a 180 and the excitement in his fights is unparalleled. But do you reward perfection/dominance or fallibility and then ascension?

Lol

“This is what Islam gonna do with Charles Olivera: he gonna ride him like you ride your horse,” Nurmagomedov said.

“A lot of people underestimate Islam. They think Charles Oliveira have ground game. He don’t have ground game. If you tap eight times in UFC, how can you say you have ground game? You tap eight times!”

Has Suga ever been hit hard in a fight? If he has a good chin, I think he will win too against Yan. I feel like his range is going to help alot.

If TJ wins and say Suga beats Yan, who would TJ fight to defend his title? Would a rematch with Aljo make sense? I almost would want Suga to fight TJ but I know he would have to fight others to even get a title shot.

Has Suga ever been hit hard in a fight? If he has a good chin, I think he will win too against Yan. I feel like his range is going to help alot.

If TJ wins and say Suga beats Yan, who would TJ fight to defend his title? Would a rematch with Aljo make sense? I almost would want Suga to fight TJ but I know he would have to fight others to even get a title shot.
I don’t think his chins ever been tested but his legs have been kicked off at least once

If O’Malley wins he is going to get the title shot

I need to go back and watch the P Munhoz (sp) fight. He looked pretty mediocre there.

I think a lot of folks would say his strength is his fluid and slick styling once he gets his rhythm going.

I could see Suga starting strong (since Yan is always a slow starter). But then again, we haven’t seen Yan in a three round fight in awhile. Was the Uriah fight his last three rounder?

You know TJ would take the Suga fight. Big name. Easy matchup (since Sean doesn’t have wrestling).

I need to go back and watch the P Munhoz (sp) fight. He looked pretty mediocre there.

I think a lot of folks would say his strength is his fluid and slick styling once he gets his rhythm going.

I could see Suga starting strong (since Yan is always a slow starter). But then again, we haven’t seen Yan in a three round fight in awhile. Was the Uriah fight his last three rounder?

You know TJ would take the Suga fight. Big name. Easy matchup (since Sean doesn’t have wrestling).
Watch the Vera and munhoz fights

O’Malley didn’t look elite in either of them, looked completely different fighter

I would really be surprised if he beat yan but I’d be happy because I like the dude and his persona

shaq-leaving.gif

Suga most definitely getting the shot with a win likely even if it's close. If Yan wins I think he needs TJ to win to get next shot. If Aljo wins along with Yan I think they look to give Chito the shot for a fresh matchup and maybe force Yan to take another fight.

I figure if Suga wins, he should fight Chito next but I feel like he will think Chito is beneath him at this point but he should fight him to get that W back.

Agree with Vince. Gotta Darren Till with someone with the possible Star power as O’Malley.

I fear he’s more of a Paige Van Zant. But…I’m hoping the top three fights are competitive Saturday. Do Bronx would be hype. Aljo for New York. Suga for the chaos lol.

Back
Top Bottom