The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Dariush did himself no favors with that post fight interview and he either doesn't care or is really or that naïve they'll give him a shot solely based off merit. He likely has to fight at least once more and then depending how Islam/Volk goes (really hoping it does take place in Perth in Feb) maybe he gets a crack later in 23'

If Chandler beats Poirier impressively at 281 we all know there's a good chance he leapfrogs Benny for another title shot.
Some of these guys don’t know their values. My man Khabib came and dropped promo after promo for Islam. At the post fight, called out Volk. Islam took the baton and called out the short guy. Then they both did a stare down in the cage. Brilliant. Volk bout to lose his #1 P4P in February. 😢

Suga Sean post CTE not acting confident was a minus. Dariush telling the women in Iran, Jesus walks. Nah. I’ll say Belal’s was aiight. Man I would’ve been like I took out this undefeated killer. I heard Khamzat is here. Who’s scared of the big, bad wolf? Not me!! Leon. Stop ducking me, champ. You know I was beating you in that last fight. Colby, allahau akbar. Come catch these hands.
McKee and pitbull will be there? Dope

That’s dope they’re doing a cross promotion. Bellator tries to be fun with it. Be dope if they do a cross over with PFL. Or One.
Benny is an idiot

I can’t believe Ali manages him too

It’s unreal
I believe it. I be wondering about that manager sometimes.

Anyone picking volk to beat Islam?

I’m gonna go islam once again
Honestly, the landscape changed Saturday.

Everyone rode the Charles train. He was the most exciting champ we’ve had in a long time. And everyone always doubting him and him overcoming was infectious. I was rooting for him. I still think he’s probably the better mix martial artist with his striking, grit, and grappling.

But the champ has a name, and it’s Islam Machahev (sp).

Literally picking up where Khabib left off. Massive strength, Dagestani wrestling. And he might be a better striker than Khabib. His wrestling and GnP might not be as domineering. But Islam gets you to the ground, it’s a wrap. Not saying he’s going to beat Mighty Mouse or Anderson’s title defense record. But for the time being with LW clogged up top (and the real killers trying to scratch their way into the top ten), he could beat the LW title defense record.

I love Volk. He’s a G. Cavalier attitude. Smart, great fight IQ. But this might be one 🍔, you might not want to bite off. I’d say CKB great at game plans. But the game plan Khabib and em had for Charles was low key genius. And there’s definitely a size/weight advantage. And no one has seemed to have an answer for Dagestani wrestling at high level. Three months might be how long Alex the Great has to claim P4P #1. Having said that, if there’s anyone who might be able to do it. And another person who thrives on doubters, Volk is it.

I can't see the fight going Volk's way especially considering how dominant Islam looked against Charles this past Saturday. Volk has strong TDD but Islam's takedowns have proved to be on another level. I don't think Islam is as explosive as Khabib but Islam does have decent standup and once he's able to take you down it's essentially a wrap. IMO Volk has nothing to lose with this fight and even with a loss he can just go back down and keep defending the FW belt as there are still a few more matches to make there.

Islam will beat Volk. But I’m also not sure why this significantly affects the p4p rankings. Like when Izzy moved up and fought Jan it didn’t really change much.

Islam will beat Volk. But I’m also not sure why this significantly affects the p4p rankings. Like when Izzy moved up and fought Jan it didn’t really change much.
Islam would have to be #1 if he beat #3 Charles then #1 Volk. He took out two from the top five. I’m sure Kamaru might jump up if he beats Leon on the rematch.

Right now…things are a lil squishy without no activity from Stipe, Francis, Jon, etc.

Pretty much just a puncher's chance for Volk. If his speed and power carry over from 145 then maybe he'll be able clip him. I actually feel like he'll last longer than Charles due to his chin, wrestling and conditioning.

Pretty much just a puncher's chance for Volk. If his speed and power carry over from 145 then maybe he'll be able clip him. I actually feel like he'll last longer than Charles due to his chin, wrestling and conditioning.
So does Volk play keep away? Given his stature? He can’t engage in wrestling or grappling. Kicks could be an invitation to get taken down.

And can anyone’s condition endure that wrestling and grappling? I’ll admit Islam has had some five rounders. But his last five fights were mostly submissions (and one TKO to an overwhelmed Bobby Green).

So does Volk play keep away? Given his stature? He can’t engage in wrestling or grappling. Kicks could be an invitation to get taken down.

And can anyone’s condition endure that wrestling and grappling? I’ll admit Islam has had some five rounders. But his last five fights were mostly submissions (and one TKO to an overwhelmed Bobby Green).
He'll have to rely on his speed and feints to get in and out. I think he's better than Islam is on the feet. I actually feel like his stocky build could even be a slight advantage because he has no neck :lol: Islam's a killer but let's not act like guys like Arman, Moises and even Dober managed to extend fights with him. I don't even like Volk that much but I think his skillset makes this more competitive than people think.

xgo20k8ojqv91.jpg

Coach Khabib Coach of the Year Coronation

Bellator gotta start hyping and marketing. It’s terrible 🤦🏽‍♂️

Not saying they’re going to hang with the big dog. But at least distinguish between you, PFL, and One.

Reactions: OTG
Back
Top Bottom