The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Bro, I’m not attacking you. Your competence at your job. Etc.

I’m just saying UFC is doing great, considering the lack of big name value.

Like Vince said, December cards which used to be a big deal is headline by Ankalaev and Jan. Who?

And the Brazil card isn’t headlined by major names like Charley Olives, Amanda “Lioness” Nunes, Glover, Costa, etc.

Their first “real” cards are Perth and then Vegas then UK.

In the past, the company would have to worry about the gate or PPV buys. No worries, ESPN gave them a guaranteed 500K revenue. Why do you need stars?

Plus they got Conor coming back next year. Conor/Chandler can easily headline a lackluster card.

Your issue is with Emdeavour. No one in this thread pays attention to that company. They just focus on the product of the UFC.

It’s like the Xbox thread. No one cares about Microsofts Cloud, Windows, or hardware business.

Bro I’m not saying you are 😂😂😂 we are having a conversation, EYE LIKE YOU as a poster 😂😂

The fundamental point of my OG post was the UFC needs superstars. They aren’t growing the sport. PPV buys is a clear data point on that.

They NEED Conor/stars if they want revenue/category growth to climb. It’s a simple equation. They have a good thing with ESPN/and the ongoing content wars. How do they leverage that long term is the true question.

When you have someone like xbiker47 xbiker47 who goes to tons of cards and will be there Dec 10th pissed at the lack of the card - you will eventually lose these fans.

(And MSFT does care about those although you all don’t - those are their profit centers - like AWS for AMZN 😂)

Last edited:
Yes…but as UFC fans we don’t care about WME/Endeavor. They’re the suckers who bought it off the Fertitas and turned it into a Chinese sweatshop.

Growing the sport? I’d say the prior Zuffa, Zuffa and new owners have definitely grown the sport into a billion dollar or half billion dollar industry.

I feel like looking at Vince’s and other posters posts. There’s two different conversations we’re having.

None of us care about WME. Nor their stock. Except for Bloody Elbow and possible quarter earnings reports, the average fan doesn’t care or have an inclination. I do understand your background and respect your interest. I think this would be a great conversation on CNBC lol.

Fighter representation hasn’t changed in any sort besides those in perpetuity clauses in the contracts. Glover got no negotiating power with UFC even though he was supposed to challenge the current champion. Sugah Sean was promised a title shot and some how Henry Cejudo’s name came up. Stipe can’t get a good bag in his retirement fight. Conor gets to avoid drug testing while being hoked up on roids. Julianna Peña doesn’t get an instant rematch.

And how come we’re only focusing on UFC? What the hell is Viacom/Bellator doing? How have they grown their business? Why is Josh Thomson crying about journalists promoting Rizin/Bellator cards? How is it 2023 and Fedor Emelianko and Ryan Bader the head liners on a CBS card (flashes back to JDS and Cain in the most interesting/popular division in the UFC premiering on Fox). Or the idiot who decided to make the PFL Finals a $50 PPV?

LOL, love some of the points you made about bellator and PFL. For now I think we need to only focus on ufc. Bellator/PFL is a whole other conversation in itself.

Just for giggles, I wish we were getting Brock/fedor or Silva/fedor instead of the bader matchup.

I had to pull the whataboutism because I’d rather focus on the sport than financial earnings call and a crappy company that bought the UFC to somehow reverse if’s fortunes.

I had to pull the whataboutism because I’d rather focus on the sport than financial earnings call and a crappy company that bought the UFC to somehow reverse if’s fortunes.

Sure, as a fan, I understand and agree. But if the MARKET leader isn’t GROWING the category they will eventually die. THIS IS MY POINT ALL ALONG 😂😂

Sure, as a fan, I understand and agree. But if the MARKET leader isn’t GROWING the category they will eventually die. THIS IS MY POINT ALL ALONG 😂😂
It’s not going to die. The market leader gives the people what they want.

The matchups. Entertainment. The personalities.

But I agree. They have to “create” stars. Sugah, Francis, AlJo, Islam, Rose, Zhang Weili, Valentina, Volk, Max, etc. There’s nothing any different between these personalities and those of the TUF era besides the uniforms.

There is ZERO reason Francis isn’t a bigger household name other than the weird beef Dana has with him (or did).

That was criminal. Way worse than what Glover crying about.

They were literally betting against him in his last fight. The harassing his manager. The tension. Not putting the belt around him after he defended against Cyril.

Thank God James Krause wasn’t on his team.

Damn Marlon, man's should not be fighting anymore at all. Glad that wasn't Burgos he was fighting, that **** would've gotten ugly, quick.

Where my guy in here who trains up at Tristar? Congrats bruh, got a brand new champ at the gym!

Doesn't bode well for Marlon Moraes brain in the long run constantly getting tko, hopefully he doesn't become as stubborn as big foot and not want to call it a day.

Kayla lost :pimp: thought the judges would **** that one up for sure.

Kayla lost :pimp: thought the judges would **** that one up for sure.
It’s a gamble having someone fight the same person three times (unless their name is Alex Pereira).

Pacheco definitely wasn’t a can. She was a legit 155 and decent striker. From the P2P, Sounds like she worked on her wrestling/grappling.

It is wild they don’t allow elbows but it’s probably due to the season schedule. But how do you bar it for the season (across like six fights) and then allow it in the finals?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom