The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

What’s the “reason” Bloody Elbow isn’t allowed a press pass by the UFC? I remember the Dana/Ariel drama but don’t know the Bloody Elbow bit.
I think it's mainly just John Nash from BE who got his credentials taken, looking in to their Financials and ****. One of their journalists, Stephanie Haynes usually goes to their Apex/Vegas events.

Bjorn. Dana. Criminal Conor. Ali. The shady MMA Managers. It’s part of the sport.

It’s definitely difficult not to get frustrated with the shady parts of the business…but meanwhile a WNBA player is decrying the pay in their league.

But I never pay for the PPVs.

I mean, “it’s part of the sport” can’t be an excuse moving forward…

I mean, “it’s part of the sport” can’t be an excuse moving forward…
I wholeheartedly agree.

I think there should be meritocracy in the sport. I think the fighters should wear whatever they want (within decency). The fighters should get paid more and have free insurance. They should get to have their sponsors on their kits a la Brock. And the scum bags should be outcasts.

But in life nothing is seldom perfect.

You can love soccer, watch the World Cup and perhaps not be a fan of Kattar and their human rights.

spiderjericho spiderjericho completely agree - just seems the “bad” parts of MMA/UFC are 100x what they are in other sports. Change has to happen at the top (going back to my previous thoughts on how to grow the sport/category).

Silver ain’t banning a journalist 😂😂😂

Last edited:
NBA is 75 years old and is the USA’s premier professional basketball league. Basketball is played at every level. Junior High School, High School, College, amateur, professional. As a former journalist, my paper/organization could assign me a beat, and I could get access to cover any of those levels games. For the NBA, their is a players union. At the collegiate level, after being exploited for years, the collegiate players can now at least capitalize on their likeness.

MMA/UFC is still super young. The players refuse to unionize. Professional MMA is more entertainment than sport. Like boxing, it’s seldom meritocratic.

And going back to the actual topic, the next PPV is being main evented by a Kadyrov guy. 🤔

Wonder how much coverage that will get?

Dana can only do things his way for so long before someone else comes along.

I will forever give him credit though, when the world shut down this man continued to deliver a product.

I just can’t wait for the day the UFC is run in the proper way. Can only help the sport like xbiker47 xbiker47 and I continuously talk about 😂
🤷🏽‍♂️

No collective bargaining.

No profit/revenue sharing.

No Prime Health Insurance.

No Ali Act.

Independent Contractors but no employee benefits but locked into ONLY fighting for UFC while Boxers can challenge for WBO, WBC, IBF, WWF, or WCW titles.

The Managers, Media, UFC, and Sponsors are all in bed together. Think about it. Ariel makes more than probably 90% of the fighters.

The only thing I can say is hopefully the MMA fighters are eventually covered by the Ali act. And the fighters wake up.
Dana can only do things his way for so long before someone else comes along.

I will forever give him credit though, when the world shut down this man continued to deliver a product.
I wholeheartedly have the utmost respect for Dana White. He took the titanic and raised it into a $4 Billion dollar valued company that generates a billion a year (I think Vince said that). Conor and Ronda were two of the biggest athletes in the world.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I think there should be meritocracy in the sport. I think the fighters should wear whatever they want (within decency). The fighters should get paid more and have free insurance. They should get to have their sponsors on their kits a la Brock. And the scum bags should be outcasts.

But in life nothing is seldom perfect.

You can love soccer, watch the World Cup and perhaps not be a fan of Kattar and their human rights.
I absolutely think the fighters should be allowed to walk out in fight gear from their own sponsors.

But wear trunks from the UFC’s sponsor.

I’m a very nostalgic person…but I don’t miss Condom Depot or Dude Wipes.

I absolutely think the fighters should be allowed to walk out in fight gear from their own sponsors.

But wear trunks from the UFC’s sponsor.

I’m a very nostalgic person…but I don’t miss Condom Depot or Dude Wipes.

Just like in other sports - let these guys make a Buck smh

My only thing is this era has removed some of the personality and spectacle, thus robbing the fans of entertainment.

Like Boxing’s Fury/Wilder 2. I remember Wilder wearing that crazy outfit and Fury getting carried to the ring on that chair lol.

Izzy’s undertaker entrance would’ve looked better if he could’ve had the whole get up.

Good question. Did they start that when the Ukraine/Russia war started? Or was it before?
I believe it was around this time. Just funny Dana is "mr free speech let grown ups say and do what they want" and then decides people's identity and nation is off limits.
Clown *** Dana.

So I guess O'Malley has the winner of that fight. Would be cool if he fought Marlon Vera again to settle that but now that he is ranked #1, I doubt he'll want to fight anyone below him.

Vera vs Sandhagen would be dope.

I can't wait until Sean O'Malley finally gets his *** kicked.

Lumped up and beat down and broken.

...he just really rubs me the wrong way.

I can't wait until Sean O'Malley finally gets his *** kicked.

Lumped up and beat down and broken.

...he just really rubs me the wrong way.

I totally can understand O’Malley rubbing you the wrong way, I personally want to see him continue to win to see how far the ufc can take this entertainment show.

I really want O’Malley to get the title and setup a ppv headliner with him and chito

Timeline matches up perfect, get sterling/cejudo on the March Vegas card then winner fights O’Malley during international fight week in July
If O'Malley is really going to sit out that long they could also do Vera vs the loser or maybe Sandhagen. Have a feeling we get some big fight announcements before years end as next three cards are decent but not really anticipating a card until 284. We know that happened with 282 and 283 looks like a high level Fight Night.

Back
Top Bottom