The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Stipe Miocic is 2-2 in his last four fights.

He got knocked out in his last fight.

There’s a real sense of entitlement that’s taken hold of the championship realm in the UFC. Guys lose the belt and they feel like they’re automatically entitled to an immediate rematch, regardless of the circumstances.

Ideally fighters should have to win at least 2 or 3 fights to earn another crack at the belt.

Stipe doesn’t think he has to win one.

…it’s kind of nauseating.

Isn’t Colby 2-2? And feels like he’s only entitled to championship fights?

Some of these folks hope they can find themselves into a championship fight, especially with the content mandate to have title fights on PPV cards. Stipe opted not to fight Jon, which in hindsight would’ve been for the HW title. He’s always been difficult BUT…in the same way as Francis. Low pay. No bargaining power. No promo from the company.

Stipe should get the winner of the fight. It creates hype. I’d prefer to see him fight versus Curtis Blaydes. But I understand, from a meritocracy view, the two of them fighting for #1 contender.

I don’t see Dave decrying this interim FW bout:

It’s a case by case basis

Just depends on the state of the division and the fighter’s history

I don’t have a problem with stipe being selective just like when dc did it

Now if it’s some fighter who hasn’t earned anything and the division has a score of contenders then yeah, no bueno

It’s fair to say stipes been a lil entitled tho I don’t disagree. I just think he has a right to be a little

LOVE seeing Ariel go in on Dana for how Francis has been treated
But you gotta admit…Ariel is always salivating at the mouth to dunk on Dana. I’m still waiting for the untold story of how Dana tried to screw him.

But Nate and Francis were the same in that they wanted options and felt they weren’t treated well by the company.

Both setup to take a Survivor Series 97.

But you gotta admit…Ariel is always salivating at the mouth to dunk on Dana. I’m still waiting for the untold story of how Dana tried to screw him.

But Nate and Francis were the same in that they wanted options and felt they weren’t treated well by the company.

Look forward to seeing what Francis and Nate do now that they are free.

Really don’t see how this helps the company letting these guys walk

Look forward to seeing what Francis and Nate do now that they are free.

Really don’t see how this helps the company letting these guys walk
They don’t seem to care at all do they lol

Classic Dana

At the same time, Nate as an actual legit fighter I don’t care at all for him anymore. Been washed for years

Francis on the other hand, again it’s just malpractice to not be able to hold on to him

I still can't believe Dana White said his biggest punishment is he has to live with that label.
Wot in the ****.

At this point Dana is holding the UFC back. if Endeavor were smart they'd actually replace him with someone else.

I still can't believe Dana White said his biggest punishment is he has to live with that label.
Wot in the ****.

At this point Dana is holding the UFC back. if Endeavor were smart they'd actually replace him with someone else.
I do wonder that part- like do they really just let that man be and do as he pleases or is it that they can’t force him out?

You guys think behind the scenes Dana has a clause in his contract stopping them from forcing him out?

Not disagreeing with you that Nate is past his prime, but he sells PPVs and brings eyeballs

Francis screwed Francis.

DB16E2C1-753C-4DD5-B927-DE8E9A687D94.jpeg

Must be something there like he’s got an in with these people because he still does whatever the hell he wants
Endeavor paid $4 billion for the company.

The ONLY thing they care about is getting a return on their investment.

Right or wrong, they obviously think that Dana gives them a better chance of doing that.

Endeavor paid $4 billion for the company.

The ONLY thing they care about is getting a return on their investment.

Right or wrong, they obviously think that Dana gives them a better chance of doing that.
Right. But as someone else stated, you can’t deny someone like Nate’s stature

As washed as I think he is, he’s still a draw

And then you add to that how Francis is like the first ever champ to leave the org without retiring… I’m sure there’s a lot of smart business folks there but that doesn’t seem like good business

Right. But as someone else stated, you can’t deny someone like Nate’s stature

As washed as I think he is, he’s still a draw

And then you add to that how Francis is like the first ever champ to leave the org without retiring… I’m sure there’s a lot of smart business folks there but that doesn’t seem like good business
Okay, I thought you were talking about Dana, not Nate.

I think BJ Penn also left as a champion. It’s what led to the champions clause in their contracts.

But Francis truly is the real world champion (Woo).

These other orgs can make plays to increase their reputation, gates, PPV or streaming opportunities. PFL just got Jake Paul. Got Harrison. More names will help with their super PPV. Bellator can say BW Grand Prix, LW Grand Prix, Baddest Man on the planet, and feature the Stockton slap (Scott has a relationship with Nick).

These two orgs need to talk their talk right now and say we’ll pay for stars (and let other UFC fighters know they can get the bag. It’s not just one show).

Biggest mistake Francis could make is take a boxing match with anyone other than Tyson Fury, Deonte Wilder or Anthony Joshua.

He’ll lose badly to all three of those guys, but he’ll get a huge payday out of it.

If he fights a mid-level guy as a tuneup, he won’t get $20 million or more.

…and he’ll lose badly and ruin his bargaining power in the process.

Back
Top Bottom