The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Does Sterling even wanna fight Merab? lol

They both don't want to fight each other, but sure, Dana, blame one or the other to try to pressure them into a fight

They don’t want to fight each other. They’ve both said it for years in interviews.

They both train at Serra/Longo. And have helped each other in their camps.

AlJo has said he’s willing to move up to FW to move out of the way for Merab and further cement his lineage.

Dana just danaing. If he sees dollar signs and a story, then he’ll try to sell it.

Well, Merab isn't the most exciting fighter but you have to respect his ability

There's so many 135 contenders that it would be kinda sad to see Sterling leave just to make room for Merab. I don't think many people are clamoring for Sterling to go up to 145 anyway

Looking ahead to next week: I'm more hyped about the Justin v Fiziev fight than Edwards Usman trilogy

Not geeked for the card next week but it’s not a bad card:

Usman vs Edwards 3
Fiziev vs Gaethje
Gunnar Nelson vs Brian Barberena
Jennifer Maia vs King Casey O’Neill
Marvin Vettori vs Roman Dolidze

Mokaev on the prelims

Sucks Molly, Paddy, Arnold or Tom Aspinal ain’t there. But oh well.

No reason Mokaev shouldn’t be headliner of the prelims

Card def feels very lackluster compared to last ppv

No reason Mokaev shouldn’t be headliner of the prelims

Card def feels very lackluster compared to last ppv
How about compared to the Diaz/Khamzat card lol? Or Gane/Lewis?

I can respect your opinion with how stacked the last card was, how close this card is to the last. Probably not doing themselves any favors with the constant cards.

Also, Jack Shore is on the card.

If he's trying to stay in the title mix, He could:

fight the winner of Vera/Sandhagen
fight the loser of Vera/Sandhagen
fight the loser of Sterling/Cejudo

Those options play out in the next few months. O'Malley has next (which Dana oddly didn't mention), so Merab wouldn't be eligible for a title shot until next year anyway.

Risky:
fight Umar
fight Font
fight Song
fight Simon

If he's trying to stay in the title mix, He could:

fight the winner of Vera/Sandhagen
fight the loser of Vera/Sandhagen
fight the loser of Sterling/Cejudo

Those options play out in the next few months. O'Malley has next (which Dana oddly didn't mention), so Merab wouldn't be eligible for a title shot until next year anyway.

Risky:
fight Umar
fight Font
fight Song
fight Simon
If yanez beats font— that’s another name Dana could push

All signs point to O'Malley fighting for the belt next, isn't he going to be the backup coming into the Aljo/Cejudo fight? If Chito beats Sandhagen he likely waits for a shot if he thinks he'll get it by end of year to early next. I'd be shocked if Chito took on Merab.

Seems like Dana trying to force Merab's hand to fight Aljo, it really seems like they won't fight under any circumstance though.

I’d say do umar vs merab. Umar wins he jumps everyone for a title shot and at that point O’Malley should be fighting for the belt soon anyway

^^^Mad lines getting skipped.

BW.jpg

Yep we know what it is with O'Malley getting a shot and yea Cejudo getting the shot after 3 years out with many other deserving contenders in the mix rn. Let's just hope we get at least one more 135 title fight before years end.

Back
Top Bottom