The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Another case of not really knowing what constitutes a significant strike, I'm not clear on the definition tbh

Sandhagen's style is a good example of having a gray area imo

The third and fourth round I felt like it was much more even than the stats indicate

FsHPYGGWcAEHC0Y

O’Malley lost fought in October

Cejudo and Sterling fight in may

Will they just give O’Malley the next shot in late summer or fall
O’Malley gets the next shot. It’s $$$. I don’t even understand the Henry Cejudo thing honestly. Should have made him do one fight.But with the timing, it wouldn’t be a super long wait for the winner of Merab/Sandhagen. The winner would legitimately be the #1 contender. Merab has won 8 or 9 fights in a row. Sandhagen has a two win streak over a low and high top ten opponent.
Another case of not really knowing what constitutes a significant strike, I'm not clear on the definition tbh

Sandhagen's style is a good example of having a gray area imo

The third and fourth round I felt like it was much more even than the stats indicate

FsHPYGGWcAEHC0Y
MMA. Tsk, tsk. They love this ambiguity. Those stats mean nothing lol. And the judging criteria says damage. What does that mean? Who knows. What I do know all that grapple duck stuff of the past doesn’t necessarily equate to a win besides that dubious Merab win over Aldo.

Merab vs Sandhagen in July would be nice with the return of Chimaev

Sandhagen's strength of schedule is absurd. He's fighting legit everyone in their peak athletic primes lol. Even a killer like Lineker who wasn't washed yet

Not withstanding the ridiculous Aljo fight which was complete domination. Or the usual Petr Yan performance, Sandhagen has been a top contender at BW. He’s fought a who’s who besides O’Malley who skipped the line.

Cory also beat TJ lol.

It's nuts. Sandhagen also had to fight an unwashed still pretty much in his prime Moraes

A prime Yan

A rested and recovered Dillashaw

A young killer Sadong

Vera who finally put it together and barely turned 30

And now probably a prime Merab

P4P one of the craziest opponent list in recent history

Gonna be a long two weeks until Alex izzy rematch

Bellators event next weekend is atrocious
They certainly don’t capitalize on their opportunities.

Not sure if it’s Viacom. Coker. Bad luck. Etc.

Heard they not trying to play the Francis lottery.

And are seizures why Perez has pulled out of his fights? Might be time to hang it up if you’re having that number of issues.

was listening to some post fight podcast last night and they said Perez has had 9 fights cancelled since the figgy fight.

Need these 2 weeks to go by fast for Izzy fight. Can’t wait for that
Yup that was mmafighting

They didn’t specify though that the ufc had actually cancelled half of those themselves due to scheduling

But still- he’s had like 4-5 cancels- obviously a seizure is serious but dude can’t be depended on

Who?

I don’t even know him. I expect biker, e and Dave to tell me how Dan White doesn’t promote. The. The other guy is going to talk about how MMA is fake.

But on the real, what was with those Jon Jones tweets?

Last edited:

Throwback

Ma on the left is low key cute. Glad PFL is trying to cater to European MMA fans.

Are we really running this back?

Last edited:
I need to get it off my chest. I've been knowing that all goes to **** when Tan Dan Mirgliata is in the vicinity for years. The worse of the worse ref it's not even close. His blunder consistency is second to none be it mma refing, boxing or ping pong. Then, this weekend, I'm enjoying the small show and I'm thinking KGB (Andrea Lee) had that fight in the bag against Maycee Barber. It was not a blowout but she had won that fight with wrestling and control time for sure. After the fight KGB was already celebrating looking like a winner and Barber and her corner looked dejected knowing they probably lost that one. When they said split decision I was confused. When they read the card for 30-27 I was suuuure Andrea Lee had it. Then I heard the name... Confusion.. Dread... Terror, accompanied by a nauseous feeling. Judge, Dan , muther****ing, Mirgliota ... Wow man it's over now. If we thought the judging was awful you'd better brace yourselves.

LOL I had no idea that was the judge who scored it so poorly

I had barber on a parlay so I was rooting for her, but even when I heard the 30-27 scorecard I thought she lost for sure

Back
Top Bottom