The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Thing is that one man can’t get healthcare for all, it’d have to be a strike type situation you’d think with more of the top guys holding out. And they’re probably not going to. So it was really all for nothing and naive imo.

So UFC and Dave Feldman with BKFC. Those are the only other promotions who spoke out about their negotiations lol.
So Coker didn't say anything about when they spoke a month or two ago?

Unfortunately nobody cares about Francis like that

If I’m not mistaken, he isnt some kind of promotional star much less crossover star

I am not surprised at all that he’s in this situation

I hate it had to be him

He ain’t the martyr the sport needs for sweeping change. Nobody really knows who he is at all

I mean were people really clamoring for a boxing crossover event? Would have been garbage and sad to see him get wrecked..

The only way to get real change is for managers to be on the same page which will never happen. Look at the power Ali has when coming to managing these fighters. You would need him along with other managers together to get the same goal.

He's a very humble and quiet dude.

He dresses flashy and his finishes are flashy. His issue is his promotion, which is a tactic the UFC uses to minimize the growth/popularity of that fighter. That Overeem KO is highlight reel worthy. And it's not like, the others can't be a sizzle reel. He literally has the touch of death a la Deontay Wilder. That time off and UFC stuff hurt him.

Fighters need to follow the Izzy model. Strong IG, youtube channel, endorsements. I'm not saying they're going to turn into Conor but it'll help.

Fans want to feel some emotional connection to fighters - the fighters who do that (for good and bad a la Colby) are the draws

Watching Embedded - Gilbert back literally less than a month after going 3 is awesome

Belal playing pickleball 😂😂

The last thing he said was that it was 50-50. The 2 never even had a meeting personally.
“Anything can happen, but I’m not sure we’re gonna be in that business on the MMA side,” Coker continued. “Maybe on the boxing side, it might work out. To me it’s like, it has to be equitable for everybody, and that’s how I feel. We have a pretty robust purse amount every year, and we can spread that around, we can take a lot of that purse and pay our guys, and sign other fighters, and keep building divisions, right? So to me, I’d say it’s 50/50 at this point.”

That 50-50 doesn't sound too convincing but we'll see.

Cejudo sitting the end of his prime years man, what a waste. His IQ may keep in the fight for a while but I'm fully expecting Aljo to get a late finish.
damn finish Cejudo?????

I expect a competitive fight but I think CCC smokes him everywhere

Honestly I wasn’t either. The second yan fight convinced me on top of him subbing sandhagen and beating muhnoz/rivera

Plus I take into account henry is moving up yet again

Damn, I guess I'm not as high on Aljo as others

I think he's very good but also has been very fortunate.
I love the boy from LI. Henry’s striking is probably better and got more heft.

I think the doubt comes from Aljo being younger (and at his peak) and Henry being off for three years and 36.

Technically Aljo is tied for most wins at BW. He wins he becomes #1 in UFC history. Sadly, DC’s WEC wins don’t count.

damn finish Cejudo?????

I expect a competitive fight but I think CCC smokes him everywhere
Prime Cejudo I may be with you. Its hard for me to see a 36 year old Cejudo that hasn't been fighting for 3 years beat someone as big, athletic, and skilled of a grappler as Aljo, who happens to be in his prime.

If he beats him it would be an amazing achievement. Think the stat I heard was fighters at 170 and lower at the age of 35 and up in a title fight are 2/38 in winning.

We know that fall off is undeniable at the lighter weight classes sooner. We shall see if Cejudo is part of that.

Back
Top Bottom