The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Man after watching some of the "el cucuy" version of Tony in his old fights all last week, watching that beating he took from Bobby was safld as hell man.

He definitely looked slower. But Bobby is also fast.

He was doing alright until the eye poke. Tony reminds me of Clay Guida. He's there but it takes them a lot of work and luck to win.

You cannot feed Tony to young up and comers.

The kelvin fight was just stupid anyway, let the man fight for a true #1 contender eliminator or make him the next challenger

Dana and them didn’t even make rahkmanov a main event vs kelvin smh, worst promoting

I doubt Usman or Wonderboy take the Shavkat fight. They seem more likely to fight each other and if Wonderboy wins that could give him a title shot.

Is Burns healthy? Wonder if he'd be willing to step in.

I gotta admit I’m siding more with Jamahl. Ariel did seem to have leading questions or big up Jiri while putting down Jamahl. If you’re a journalist, remain impartial.

I had his side when Paddy launched that sneak attack. Or the Brendan Schaub thing.

The last time Jamahl appeared on his show, he tried to get him to comment on the Dana White domestic violence situation. A) You don’t know his opinion on it. And B) You’re putting him in a compromising situation where he has to comment on his boss.

And let the record show, Ariel and Jamahl’s boss have had issues.

LOL Ariel want to be in the mix so bad.

Thats why I like Okamoto and Morgan, they stay behind the camera and don't promote themselves as a brand and try to insert themselves into the mix with beefs or pot stirring.

They just report. That's it. n

Those are two of the biggest softballs.

But I agree Ariel has tried to morph into a personality and made himself part of the story way too much for comfort. It’s just too many “beefs” in the last year: Dricus, Paddy, Jamahal, etc.

But I mean in the SAS thread, SAS was going at PG3. Gone at KD. So maybe this is personality territory. But dude literally saying Jamahal was calling out Jiri and how Jiri was the better man by sending Jamahal well regards after the injury. Jiri turn around and try to insinuate the knee tear was due to weight. When those injuries aren’t foreign to basketball. And the champ had a hurt knee prior to playing in that b ball game.

LOL Ariel want to be in the mix so bad.

Thats why I like Okamoto and Morgan, they stay behind the camera and don't promote themselves as a brand and try to insert themselves into the mix with beefs or pot stirring.

They just report. That's it. n

After Ariel brought up okamoto interviewing Dana and asking him about his diet and other stuff to end the year instead of questions about the UFC business I couldn’t un see it now how much of a softball journalist he is and will only ask easy questions.

Okamoto is a company guy working for ESPN so I get why he is the way he is. Not his biggest fan but don't mind him either. I like Ariel most the time but his ego has really been getting the better if him lately. That 10-7 stuff was funny the first couple times but yeesh he really has been getting full of himself and has to keep bringing it up.

This year the following are competing for the MMA Awards Journalist of the year:

LeBronstetter, Ariel Helwani, Marc Raimondi, John Morgan and Nolan King.

https://www.worldmmaawards.com/nominees-2023/

I might create a login lol so I can vote for Aaron Bronstetter (sp). Ariel is technically a personality now. Like a David Letterman type ( without the humor). The format of his shows with his employees (which are all personalities) is similar to Macafee, LaBatard, Howard Stern, etc.

I was listening to the MMA Road Show yesterday. They were calling the MMA Award show a popularity contest and not based on merit. My issue with Morgan is he literally rides the fence. Doesn’t want to make waves. Everyone knows don’t mess with Dana, don’t mess with Ali.

Any interest at all in tomorrow's Nate/Jake fight? From the coverage I've seen this week it looks like Nate is purely treating this as a victory lap. He's even had many good things to say about the UFC which leads me to believe he wants to come back for the third Conor fight sometime next year but with Nate you never know. As far as this Saturday's fight goes I think Jake wins a decision as with the size difference I just can't see Nate having much success but maybe he gets in a few decent shots towards the end a la the Leon fight. I'll prob try to find a replay somewhere later on Sunday.

It’s just a cash grab for Nate. There are no stakes. For Jake, it’s just another notch in his faux boxing career and burgeoning promotion game.

Jake is bigger, probably a better fundamental boxer. Nate got a chin and he got cardio. He’s never been a heavy volume type. So a pitter patter here or there will get some oohs or ahs but won’t amount to much for the judges. He’s never had KOs. Jake has the higher chance of decision and higher odds for KO.

It’s not a terrible card since he threw Serrano on there. Jeremy Stephens is on the main card.

Folks rather see Porier/Nate or Conor/Nate 3. He can go back and do three more fights. The two above and possibly another.

Back
Top Bottom