The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

He doesn’t know how to play the game

Us as fans, the media, fighters themselves etc can bring up the most logical salient points of evidence as to why the game is rigged

All irrelevant in this age

You gotta play the game and if you’re not doing that you’re spinning your wheels

He don’t get it

He’s operating on meritocracy. We all know that isn’t what Dana bases anything off of. It’s been this way

Exactly what game should* he be playing right now that would change his circumstance?

Last edited:
They just don't like Aljo ever since he talked about fighter pay way back. Like the dude fought consistently, does everything the UFC asks of him but they still try to spin things to make fans turn on him. They'll spin things he says out of context and get fans against him.

Exactly what game should* he be playing right now that would change his circumstance?
First, he has to be a hit with the fans. Whether they hate him or love him, if he can draw audiences like Izzy can, he'll likely get more favors... like Izzy

Him even comparing himself to Izzy shows he's out of touch with the reality of the situation

We've seen guys that Dana supposedly "is out of favor with" still get treated with preferential treatment because they are either a draw, an interesting persona or a crazy exciting fighter. If you're not at least one of those you can't expect to get the special treatment

Is it right? No. We all know that. But again him comparing himself to Izzy is just like... no point. You are not him in any way

We've seen guys who've complained about fighter pay still get their way or fights they want... because.... they attract eyeballs and money

First, he has to be a hit with the fans. Whether they hate him or love him, if he can draw audiences like Izzy can, he'll likely get more favors... like Izzy

Him even comparing himself to Izzy shows he's out of touch with the reality of the situation

We've seen guys that Dana supposedly "is out of favor with" still get treated with preferential treatment because they are either a draw, an interesting persona or a crazy exciting fighter. If you're not at least one of those you can't expect to get the special treatment

Is it right? No. We all know that. But again him comparing himself to Izzy is just like... no point. You are not him in any way

We've seen guys who've complained about fighter pay still get their way or fights they want... because.... they attract eyeballs and money

Whi from the Bantamweight Division outside of that cringe Triple C run and now the Suga Show attracted eyeballs?

He is comparing himself yet not comparing himself. I think he’s just focusing on the rematch policy of the a champion in the UFC. Which I’m sure we’d all agree there isn’t one.

Aljo lost in a flash KO followed by hammer fists. Could’ve been a fluke. He was champ for a long period of time. Should he get an immediate rematch? Maybe.

Izzy has lost 2 out of his last three fights. He was dominated by Sean Strickland. Should he get an immediate rematch? Maybe (personally I think not).

Aljo’s problem is he isn’t a company man. He’s not a fan favorite. He’s a pariah. Meanwhile Suga Sean is popular. And probably a more fitting choice for champ even if he’s going to cost more long run.

DeSean wasn’t fen supposed to fight Izzy. Izzy set that up so he’d have an opponent for the Australia card. Izzy is a busy fighter which benefits the company due to his popularity. He willingly volunteers to fight.

Aljo isn’t popular and is resistant to when the company wants him to fight.

Whi from the Bantamweight Division outside of that cringe Triple C run and now the Suga Show attracted eyeballs?
Not too sure, why?

Vera clearly doesn't deserve a title shot but he has a big following and a built in storyline with O'Malley. That is the easiest money grab there is

After that I would say Sandhagen likely has the inside track just due to his fan friendly style and fun matchup on paper (if they choose to keep O'Malley away from the Merab's, Cejudo's, Umar's)

It doesn't help Sterling that the division is probably one of the most loaded if not most in the sport

I think he’s just focusing on the rematch policy of the a champion in the UFC. Which I’m sure we’d all agree there isn’t one.
That's all you had to say lol

He can compare himself to Izzy. Jon Jones. GSP. whoever he wants- he aint those guys and therefore the cookie will crumble how it does

But he’s not comparing himself to Izzy, Jon Jones, GSP, Anderson Silva.

He could compare himself to Mighty Mouse in how the org doesn’t respect him.

He’s just looking at his title rematch situation. There isn’t a UFC title rematch criteria.

Charley Olives had to fight Beniel before rematch in Islam while Volk had to do nothing to get a title shot (which Beniel probably had a claim to).

He obviously is comparing himself to Izzy. Or at least he's wondering why Izzy is getting the rematch love and he isn't

Don't know why you're hung up on the wording of it but alright

If he has to ask why Izzy, one of the sports actual stars is more prone to get that rematch... again that's just elite unawareness

I shouldn't have said he doesn't know how to play the game, more so he apparently doesn't know the rules of the game

There are no rules, just favorites.

It is what it is. Dude got a beautiful girl. He made some money. Sometimes you just gotta go sleep with just that.

So the last time Shavkat fought was in Miami? They should've done their best to put him on 294.

Is Cyril wanting to fight Sergei Pavlovich? Or is he just going to wait and see what happens with Jon at 295?

So the last time Shavkat fought was in Miami? They should've done their best to put him on 294.

Is Cyril wanting to fight Sergei Pavlovich? Or is he just going to wait and see what happens with Jon at 295?
Shavkat fought Neal at 285 in March. If Burns or Belal available perhaps they try to book those. Also not sure if they still are making Edwards/Colby or what the hold up is.

Also, I'm thinking Gane probably waits out the aftermath of JJ/Stipe and tries to angle for the vacant belt if that's what happens. I'd personally rather see Pavlovich/Aspinall for the vacant if that took place.

When you got someone like shavkat begging for a fight and no one will take it should automatically be jumping in the rankings

Personally I just want to see him fight but I know no one wants to fight him. Everyone dodging him right now will be calling his name when he’s champ.

Back
Top Bottom