The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

So Mousasi wasn’t fighting…for his $$850K per fight.

But if he’s not in PFellator…then he picks him up? KSW? BKFC? He wouldn’t be relevant in UFC and they wouldn’t pay him half of what he was getting.

But if he’s not in PFellator…then he picks him up? KSW? BKFC? He wouldn’t be relevant in UFC and they wouldn’t pay him half of what he was getting.
Maybe BKFC as a fight between him and Mike Perry could be big. If he prefers to stay in MMA only real options seem to be One or Rizin. A wildcard could be Masvidals BKMMA

He was part of the lawsuit against UFC so he isn't going there. Think KSW if he doesn't do some Karate Combat cash grab. Man's a European legend so it would be his best spot to land.

Islam is more complete. But Khabibs wrestling was other worldly.

I think he would’ve tapped Charles. Probably quickly beat Chandler. UFC would’ve forced to not repeat the Porier and Gaethje fights. He would’ve definitely had the title defense record in the division. With his next win, Islam ties his brother.

Islam looking flushed.

Who is the dunkilicious lass with Paulo? Also I didn’t know Capt Eric A still worked with Costa.

Also nice to see Khabib. No happy to see Ali.

Last edited:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2024/5/...ave-them-everything-i-had-and-it-wasnt-enough

“Ask the MMA media [why what I gave wasn’t enough] — they’re the ones saying it,” Rousey told High Performance. “That I was a fraud and I was hype and I was exposed and I was never anything and just lucky and all of these things, that I was ungracious or I was a loser or every other thing that I just assume at this point because I don’t take the time to read it.
IMG_8811.gif

I don’t blame her.

Ariel sorta says DJ won’t get all time MMA due to the quality of opponents aka strength of schedule.

She wasn’t the first women’s MMA fighter. But she certainly put it on the map and the reason Dana began women’s divisions in the UFC. She spectacularly finished most of her opponents until she didn’t (Holly and Amanda). The game caught up at that point. Not to say it’s at the level of men’s bantamweight or lightweight much less women’s straw weight. When you mitigate the wrestling and grappling, Ronda was easy to beat. Her wrestling game wasn’t that great compared to say Khabib who everyone said if you mitigate the wrestling…you could pick him apart at the feet. Unlike Ronda, the game never caught up to Khabib (and probably not Islam either).

I think people will eventually look kinder to her legacy. I just think in this hot take pop corn media era and how bitter the MMA Media were upset that she didn’t talk to them in the build up to the Amanda fight or afterwards…they harbor a little grudge.

And if we’re talking about the woman who raised the bar at 135…it’s Amanda. She dominated and became champ/champ following Ronda’s rein.

If anything…it’s crazy how there hasn’t been a huge influx of talent at women’s 135. That technically should be the “HW” of womens. UFC should also start an atom weight.

After the Holm loss, I don't think any of the legit media outlets said that about her during that time. I'm pretty sure most were saying that the athletes were starting to catch up to the division and in wmma overall.

Ronda changed the game just like Conor did as far as being a real superstar for the UFC

But if we want to talk women goats, I don’t think anyone can hold a candle to Nunes strength of schedule. Ronda, tate, holms, shevchenko twice, cyborg

Ronda changed the game just like Conor did as far as being a real superstar for the UFC

But if we want to talk women goats, I don’t think anyone can hold a candle to Nunes strength of schedule. Ronda, tate, holms, shevchenko twice, cyborg
Cough JJ…who was there at the same time as Ronda but wasn’t getting the machine behind her.

I got much respect for Ronda. Thought she was a great entertainer even though she did appear childish here or there. It’s not her fault she fought plumbers and electricians. She was an Olympian so she knows how to train, compete at the highest level.

EYE will say…Edmund wasn’t doing her favors. That guy years later is not recognized as top coach a la Extreme Couture, ATT, Whittman, Killcliff, etc.

The official UFC 302 fight card can be seen below.

Main Card (ESPN+ PPV, 10 p.m. ET)
Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier
Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa
Kevin Holland vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk
Jailton Almeida vs. Alexandr Romanov
Randy Brown vs. Elizeu Zaleski

Preliminary Card (ESPN 2/ESPN+, 8 p.m. PT)
Cesar Almeida vs. Roman Kopylov
Grant Dawson vs. Joe Solecki
Phil Rowe vs. Jake Matthews
Niko Price vs. Alex Morono

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass/ESPN+, 6:15 p.m. PT)
Mickey Gall vs. Bassil Hafez
Ailin Perez vs. Joselyne Edwards
Mitch Raposo vs. Andre Lima
Card looking a lil mid...but the two top fights are good.

Back
Top Bottom