The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

MMA judges never give 10-8 rounds man. 4th round could have been 10-8 Gastelum

3rd round was a toss up 

Surprised they gave it to Magny 

a little too late to turn it up for kelvin

had rds 1-3 for magny
4-5 kevlin

Last edited:
Thar fight went nothing how i expected. Exact opposite actually. Magny dominated wrestling, kelvin came on late, I had it 3-2 magny but expected that 4th to be a 10-8 getting a draw

Last edited:
I lost a parlay with Gastelum as the final piece with Fili, Cejudo, Lamas.

Magny won the fight, took the first 3 rounds. Scored a nice takedown in R1. Popped the jab and was working crisp combos through three. Changed levels and worked his jiu-jitsu particularly in the first two rounds. Gastelum was never in deep danger but did have to fight off numerous submission attempts. I almost assumed Gastelum had the wrestling advantage, surprised to see Magny implement that much offensive wrestling. Clinch work and transitions were solid from both guys.

Reach proved not to be an issue for Gastelum. Neither was cardio, he got stronger as the fight progressed which is a shocker because Magny has the cardio advantage. R3 is the only round in question, the difference in the SD. I still scored it for Magny even though Gastelum tried to come out aggressive with his boxing in that round.

R4 was as close to a 10-8 MMA round as you can get, so I'd be OK with a draw had the judges seen it that way. Right hook dropped Magny exiting the pocket. Another right hook followed by short, quick left dropped Magny again. He was definitely stunned, hurt. But fought smart by buying time off his back and clinching for dear life. In R4, Gastelum had an opportunity to break from the clinch against the cage. That was after the second knockdown. Corner has to tell him sacrifice the position and separate. Then go for big strikes to exploit and finish a wobbly Magny.

Just watched the undercard, anyone catch this during the tuf Latin final between barzola and Gutierrez
I noticed that last night as well.. did they actually fight 4 rounds 
laugh.gif

Didn't pay attention to the UFC on the screens.. was watching the boxing fights mostly

It said 4 from the jump.. not sure if it was an error on the TV part or they actually fought 4 rounds. It was something I noticed but I didn't pay enough attention 
mean.gif

They only fought 3 rounds lol. I was wondering wtf was going on though, producers were drunk. It said 4 for like half the fight

Welp were getting closer to December cards...

Last edited:
I just rewatched, the 3rd wasnt even close

good win for magny

4th coulda been 10-8 but I thought magny was still actively striking and looking for subs and getting up from the takedowns....thought he recovered well opposed to just be "hanging on"

man I been saying it from the jump, never bought the hype around kelvin, magny on the other hand is solid...too bad he got caught

10 fights in 5 years, my man stackin $$ going that cowboy route

and diego...LOL man. LLamas in there just trying **** out on him like it was a sparring session :lol:

Last edited:
Need to catch up on everything from last night. Happy Magny got the W either way.

Pissed that next weeks card is on Fight Pass. That was a solid one when Alves was still in and Masvidal was fighting Kim.

Weaker now with Alves out. But Bendo/Masvidal should be a good one.

Hope Jorge put on a show. One time for Howard Davis (ATT Boxing Coach. Also worked with Chuck. I trained with him a few times in my FL days).

If you didn't know.....

http://nypost.com/2015/08/07/boxings-forgotten-legend-fighting-biggest-fight-lung-cancer/

Last edited:
Lamas looked solid yesterday. Really mixed it up, he woulda had a stoppage on anyone not named Diego Sanchez lol

I was half asleep during that fight but it looked like he was kicking his ankles which looked really painful. Dude kept falling down.

I was half asleep during that fight but it looked like he was kicking his ankles which looked really painful. Dude kept falling down.

It happened in a few fights, Jorgensen too. I was like wtf is goin on. Was a new weapon just invented in the calf kick. I know bendo been doin it but it never seemed very effective

Strange move. Can't see him realistically making a title run.

Will probably be a tough cut. Most guys his size are moving up, not down.

Diego Sanchez 2.0. Made the weight. Didn't help much in the long run though.

Back
Top Bottom