The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

How is he the smaller man?
:nerd:

Being tall/long isn't the equivalent to being the bigger guy. RDA cuts a lot of weight to fight at 155, where as Conor cuts a lot of weight to fight at 145. Common sense says RDA is naturally bigger and will likely have the size and strength advantage.

What does RDA bring to the table that Aldo did not?

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat already mentioned his better wrestling/grappling and his tendency to use it. He doesn't feel the need to walk forward and only strike like a lot of other guys. He has shown in the past he has no problem transitioning into a smooth takedown after landing a hard strike.

One other thing is Conor has been fighting guys considerably smaller than himself for a while now at featherweight. Whereas RDA is used to dealing with bigger/stronger opponents at lightweight.

Can't wait for Conner MacGregore to wash this guy RDA and take on a real challenge in Robbie Lawler. We're going to be witnessing a three division champ.

Last edited:
Respect to Conor for taking the fight. Everyone knows RDA is no easy match up for him.

I'm D with a Pettis vs McGregor for the LW weight..been wanting to see them go at it for a while.

I just hope McGregor doesn't fall man...i'm not the biggest McGregor fan, but i'll be a little sad if RDA and FE both beat him.

To add another note - part of me feels that Conor will vacate the FW belt if he ends up beating RDA.

Last edited:
The king has speaketh his mind

1. Rolling Stone, thank you for putting me as one of your top 25 sex symbols of 2015! My Mother will be delighted and proud!
2. ESPN, FOX, BT Sports, MMA Fighting, Yahoo, MMA Junkie and Sherdog thank you all for awarding me fighter of the year 2015!
I appreciate all the hardworking media and their love and commitment to the sport is truly valued.
3. Fighters Only MMA Awards, thank you for the nominations for Fighter of the Year, KO of the Year, International Fighter of the year.
I will be in Las Vegas to attend the event and collect all my awards.
4. Floyd Mayweather, don't ever bring race into my success again. I am an Irishman. My people have been oppressed our entire existence. And still very much are. I understand the feeling of prejudice. It is a feeling that is deep in my blood.

In my family's long history of warfare there was a time where just having the name 'McGregor' was punishable by death.
Do not ever put me in a bracket like this again.
If you want we can organise a fight no problem.
I will give you a fair 80/20 split purse in my favour seen as your last fight bombed at every area of revenue.

At 27 years of age I now hold the key to this game.
The game answers to me now.
5. Media instigators/An Garda Siochana.
I apologise for having the air-soft in public. I was simply rehearsing for a potential upcoming film role.
I understand that the more traffic a story can get the more revenue it generates. So I understand and respect that the media must create these stories and these situations even if at times it is at other people's expense.
We've all got to eat. And I eat well.
So I will not complain.

6. My next fight.
What can I say, it's just another night of easy work for me.
I don't just own the game. I run it too.

The king has speaketh his mind

1. Rolling Stone, thank you for putting me as one of your top 25 sex symbols of 2015! My Mother will be delighted and proud!
2. ESPN, FOX, BT Sports, MMA Fighting, Yahoo, MMA Junkie and Sherdog thank you all for awarding me fighter of the year 2015!
I appreciate all the hardworking media and their love and commitment to the sport is truly valued.
3. Fighters Only MMA Awards, thank you for the nominations for Fighter of the Year, KO of the Year, International Fighter of the year.
I will be in Las Vegas to attend the event and collect all my awards.
4. Floyd Mayweather, don't ever bring race into my success again. I am an Irishman. My people have been oppressed our entire existence. And still very much are. I understand the feeling of prejudice. It is a feeling that is deep in my blood.

In my family's long history of warfare there was a time where just having the name 'McGregor' was punishable by death.
Do not ever put me in a bracket like this again.
If you want we can organise a fight no problem.
I will give you a fair 80/20 split purse in my favour seen as your last fight bombed at every area of revenue.

At 27 years of age I now hold the key to this game.
The game answers to me now.
5. Media instigators/An Garda Siochana.
I apologise for having the air-soft in public. I was simply rehearsing for a potential upcoming film role.
I understand that the more traffic a story can get the more revenue it generates. So I understand and respect that the media must create these stories and these situations even if at times it is at other people's expense.
We've all got to eat. And I eat well.
So I will not complain.

6. My next fight.
What can I say, it's just another night of easy work for me.
I don't just own the game. I run it too.

Notorious Truth :smokin

LOL its not that serious

I like both guys and am thankful we get to see these two fighters who are in their prime - well Conor is just starting to reach his prime - duke it out.

CYN91j9WAAASp5R.jpg

Whoever did the flyer definitely decided to throw shade at RDA. As clever as it is, I doubt the masses will understand the image

[thread="576061"]Quote:[/thread]
I don't know anything .. so we good. But you didn't prove anything with the video. Just confirmed that Connors only call its whether he stays or move up on class.

What Dana said is IMHO a calculated response that he was hoping paid off.Meaning that he was banking on Cowboy winning. Now that he lost, I'm almost positive that Connor stays at 145 and I'll double or nothing that if he moves up , his first fight will not be RDA .

Again, I know nothing, just educated opinions based on what has happened in the past and Danas ways.

Again, you said Connor was calling shots, but any fighter has that latitude. You said that Connor only skipped Frankie and I left it at that, although I think different.

So don't come saying that I didn't respect it.
Well you did say I know nothing about the UFC lol. I don't see how that's a productive comment but I'll ignore it and try to have a convo with you because that's what we do in this thread

Any fighter doesn't have the latitude to get an automatic title shot in a class they've never fought in before. That is a very rare. It will be especially rare if Dana let's Conor keep his belt at 145 while challenging for the 155 belt. That's where I'm getting at, Conor holds the cards right now. Dana is allowing him to choose what he wants to do

As far as who Conor skipped, I'll buy the Lamas name, in terms of they should have fought as an eliminator. As to my point of them needing a new contender, possibly knocking Conor off at that point would have been a risk though

Besides beating Holloway, Poirier was definitely a worthy name as well
So is bruh gonna pay you or what? Or should you collect from the a-friend Foundation? :nerd:

Last edited:
If he KO's Dos Anjos sure as **** he's going after 170 aswel.

Honestly I think he gives Robbie the work.

So is bruh gonna pay you or what? Or should you collect from the a-friend Foundation? :nerd:
This dude stay reaching. He tries to tell other people what they don't know while he makes his own blundering incorrect predictions. It's all good let him think he has half a clue about what's going on

I don't know how those peasants didn't all gang up and just jumped the King after that press conference. Red Panties Night :rofl:

That video is old. I saw it like a month or more ago didnt I?

Connor at 170? Stop.

Rumble johnson used to fight at 170... if Connor fights a man that size that left hand aint gunna be a show closer and hes gunna get finessed all over the mat ala Mendes

Last edited:
If Conor washes RDA in March, beats The Undertaker @ WrestleMania in April and then washes Robbie in May, is he the GOAT?

What's this talk about red panties? The ufc isn't going to let guys fight in them. Dennis Hallman would still try though.

This dude stay reaching. He tries to tell other people what they don't know while he makes his own blundering incorrect predictions. It's all good let him think he has half a clue about what's going on
still salty??

My dude your level of activity after I said you didn't know anything has quadruple. LMFAO

Yes, I was wrong but I trolled you to the point that for the past 5 pages I had you heated throwing subliminals.

Then you have the nerve to tell others to chill, is just the internet.

I wonder if he gets severely beat and he can't defend the 145 belt for a extended amount, how will it sits with the rest of the fighters.

Just relax homeboy. You aren't even earning brownie points.

Blundering incorrect predictions? My dude you act like this is normal business practice that happens frequently.

The way Dana phrased it was that Connor will fight 4 times a year thus actively defending the title/s.

Conventionally, someone changes weight classes, they have to fight for a chance at the title and don't have tine to train. So blundering is ... LMAO

Anyways, stay salty papa.

Last edited:
If Conor washes RDA in March, beats The Undertaker @ WrestleMania in April and then washes Robbie in May, is he the GOAT?
people are still in disbelief about the Aldo fight. Just dismissing it as a Lucky punch, but if he does the same to RDA or beats him, I just don't see how even the biggest hatters can't deny his abilities. After all RDA has washed everyone lately.

still salty??

My dude your level of activity after I said you didn't know anything has quadruple. LMFAO

Yes, I was wrong but I trolled you to the point that for the past 5 pages I had you heated throwing subliminals.

Then you have the nerve to tell others to chill, is just the internet.

I wonder if he gets severely beat and he can't defend the 145 belt for a extended amount, how will it sits with the rest of the fighters.

Just relax homeboy. You aren't even earning brownie points.

Blundering incorrect predictions? My dude you act like this is normal business practice that happens frequently.

The way Dana phrased it was that Connor will fight 4 times a year thus actively defending the title/s.

Conventionally, someone changes weight classes, they have to fight for a chance at the title and don't have tine to train. So blundering is ... LMAO

Anyways, stay salty papa.
10 paragraphs

Don't try to explain how wrong you were. Take the L and keep it moving

Only mma topics I could write 10 paragraphs about are how good Miesha tastes or how i'd get wasted for ufc events if mma was ever sanctioned in NY.

Back
Top Bottom