The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

What would y'all fight at if you were fighters?

I'm 5'9" 170 lbs. I guess probably a LW or FW??

What would y'all fight at if you were fighters?

I'm 5'9" 170 lbs. I guess probably a LW or FW??

Unless you're super lean, featherweight is about right. 25lbs would be a brutal cut though given how large a percentage of your BW it is.

I spent three years in Thailand strictly for Muay Thai (lived there for 4 total) and fought in the 140-147 range, but had my first two fights at 136 and 138. I walked around at about 160 so my normal cut was 15-20lbs.

I am 5'8.

I did fight amateur MMA once a little over 13 years ago at 132lbs. I cut about 15 lbs for that fight.

Last edited:
5'7, 145 lbs.. I'd have to cut down to fly weight..

Found a pretty good vid breaking down Dominick Cruz's game:

6'4, 200.

I'm cutting to 115 though...... Send my soul out for the weigh ins while my twitching corpse is being resuscitated back stage.

Once my soul gets back from the staredown i'd have my team toss me in a vat of blood on some Blade **** to rehydrate.

Get back, fresh trim, give Joanna that work :nerd:

You're logged on to a dorky sneaker website complaining about a dork breaking down fights. [emoji]128514[/emoji] Can't make that up

The Ross Report with Ariel Helwani - Ep99 - The Ross Report http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=619&pid=578055

Ariel Helwani is an award-winning MMA journalist who also happens to be a life-long pro-wrestling fan! He saw his first live pro-wrestling event at age 6, has attended multiple Wrestlemanias, and was even in the audience to witness the Montreal Screw Job in-person! Ariel's also sharing his opinion on CM Punk's jump to the UFC and how he might do in his first bout, Ronda Rousey's stunning loss to Holly Holm and what it means for her career, and whether he thinks there's a possible comeback in the works for Jon Jones. 

Yeah, I read about those fines. The company always finding ways to hurt the pockets of the fighters. You should be able to wear whatever you damn want to the weigh-ins. Really dumb to fine him for wearing jeans, it would make sense if he was wearing a brand competitor's athletic pants.

Last edited:
I love Nike and adidas

But I'll be damned if the UFC doesn't got me wanting some of that Reebok fitness apparel that the fighters are always wearing during training

Sage got random tested AGAIN 
roll.gif
6 drug tests in 3 months

I'm really excited for next weekend. Showtime is one of my favorites so I can't wait to see him
im driving out to the card this weekend, cant believe both pettis and dom are still healthy

i was real hesitant buying tickets knowing they were the main and co main

Sterling hopefully will get paid by an organization. These contracts are tough to read at times but that's just the state of MMA. Nothing will change unless they get a union

Ariel's show today has Iaquinta, Weidman, Cerrone and Faber

So far Iaquinta said he is aiming to return from his knee surgery in July

Weidman is saying Herb Dean did a good job and that physically he feels good. He also said mentally and emotionally he's better than he's ever been. Good to hear him upbeat, hope he comes back with a vengeance.

"I'm really happy I lost, if I would have won that fight I wouldn't have the opportunities that I have now to grow as a fighter. I feel more free than I've ever felt to change things in my game that I've always wanted to do but didn't because things weren't broken"

Last edited:
Where is the embedded for this weekend's fights? Surprised it's not online yet.

Totally forgot to DVR it with NFL playoff madness.

Where is the embedded for this weekend's fights? Surprised it's not online yet.

Totally forgot to DVR it with NFL playoff madness.
Yeah it's weird it's not online. I watched it, tbh it wasn't that great

Showed Pettis training with his new wrestling coach, the first time he's used someone outside of Roufus for another aspect of training. The same wrestling coach who trains Jon Jones and Holly Holm. Pettis has never even traveled out of state before to train, the dude is based out of Illinois 

Pettis gon be a problem in a few years. Once he builds that BJJ even further as well as his wrestling. 

Two straight submissions with Bendo and Gilbert? Sheesh

Back
Top Bottom