The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Just read fight tweets and there are a handful of fighters who had tj

Most notably rda, he said he didn't know what the judges were watching lol

Him and lorenzo were talking to cruz in the cage after and Dom was telling them about his hurt foot, you looked at their faces and they were like bruh, you gotta be freakin kidding me.

Forgot how good Cruz's chin is. tj didn't connect flush with his headkicks but landed a few on Dom's neck.

demetrius saying he wants to move up is interesting. Wonder if Dom will wash him again.

Damn I hope Cruz's foot injury doesn't sideline him to long. I think TJ got fustrated with the movement of Cruz and was headhunting instead of throwing more body kicks or leg kicks. Cruz looked really good but I still think his movement was a little off compared to when he fought faber .

Faber keeps saying he thought he won his second fight with Dom. Lol dude really can't believe that

He's so damn annoying. He's lost how many title fights in a row? I think it's at 5 now. tj is better than faber and he just lost to Cruz who had a messed up foot. Change his team name to beta males.

That shouldn't be how it's treated though. A fight is a fight. You win, you win. The belt being on the line doesn't matter. Otherwise it shows clear favoritism
The belt does matter, that's why it's 5 rounds. The first round was even. Rounds 2-3 were clearly Cruz, 4-5 were clearly TJ. I understand Cruz's takedowns are decisive points, but the damage to Cruz's leg and the pace/aggression that TJ kept in the Championship rounds account for more than what the judges gave TJ... but pace and aggression are not decisive points while takedowns are. The fight was decided because of the point system and not intangibles like momentum and hurting the opponent.

All fights that go to decision are decided by the point system though. The whole notion of having to beat the champion decisively has always been a stupid concept to me. You win more rounds in a close fight, then you win. I thought tj won though. Cruz could barely move in the last round with that messed up foot.

Very stupid.

Carolina put up more points in the first half than Seattle did in the 2nd half. So Carolina wins.

And they aren't really "championship" rounds in MMA since plenty of non title main event fights go 5 Rounds.

Like I would give Miesha and Claudia the best 5 minute ground and pound of their lives but after that first round i'd be done. I'd be laying down in the octagon smoking a cigarette and eating a cheesesteak. They'll win the next four rounds but that 1st round scorecard would be mine.

Wonder where that notion came from in the first place

They probably gonna give Eddie the next title shot or maybe a fight with Ferguson

Feed khabib Diaz or pettis. Or pettis Barboza

Last edited:
Wonder where that notion came from in the first place

They probably gonna give Eddie the next title shot or maybe a fight with Ferguson

Feed khabib Diaz or pettis. Or pettis Barboza
Jesus.

I pray for Pettis's sake they don't give him Khabib

Smh at people saying 'give it to the champion'

Let's be real, Cruz was always the champ unofficially

If Pettis wants to stay in contention, Sooner or later he's gonna have to prove he can deal with the grappling

Last edited:
Maybe Pettis should drop to 145 while he works on his wrestling. When he was supposed to fight Aldo I remember him saying he barely cuts to make 155 and making 145 would be a breeze. He's just getting bullied by anybody with strong grappling at lightweight.

I was actually thinking that if Aldo moves up, which was always the speculation, that he and Pettis at 155 would be a good one.

Especially right now.

So Cruz has Plantar Fasciitis? Dude is truly unlucky. I'd retire if it's not something that will clear up quickly. Go out on top. All time Bantamweight. That division is so boring to me. Doesn't seem to have a lot of depth.

Hopefully Khabib doesn't suffer from the same type of luck. He was talking retirement until his people talked him out of it.

Plantar fasciitis is fairly common. I know a good majority of athletes experience that at one point or the other.

MJ had it. It's the reason carbon fiber shank plates exist

so RDA really did beat the life out of pettis.

Id say it was more like cemented the blueprint. He's got holes in his wrestling/TD and doesn't do well pressed/close to the fence.

I kind of feel it was the same thing with Ronda. And might happen with Connor.

If you have t watched the show Kingdom, start now.

Must see for any MMA fan. I'm rewatching it for this second time this weekend because it was so good

It's on the Audience Network which is exclusive to DirectTV. But search the interwebz and you'll find it

Back
Top Bottom