The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

small bump for conor. the guy jumped two weight classs
go back defend 145 and take 155, still impressive

so...
ronda beats miesha and retires with the belt
holly/miesha for the vacant title

Last edited:
Conor is still great. He just got pumped up as Nate said.

I followed conor since cage warriors so im a bit sad for the guy.

Going to be interesting to see how his bravado and image change. Also hope he stacked some money. Buying mansions and cars woth money that only lasts if you win ain't smart in a sport that ain't giving oit football salaries.

Conor ain't finished tho. Let's make that clear. Ain't too many Diaz's walking around.
Especially if Conor goes back down in weight.

That match up was all bad,
Stand and trade with the Diaz boys, nah. Plan B
exactly. i cant think of many fighters around conor's weight that would have ate those punches and not blinked. diaz brothers have some of the GOAT chins.

conor throwing 100% effort into all his punches doesn't help his cause. he gasses way too soon. he looked exhausted after the first.

Last edited:
ill never forgive them for that ****.. reflected very poorly on the sport

Hey, I mean it was in poor taste I agree but you've got to respect Lesnar for what he was.

That arm-triangle choke for the win after that beating....Classic moment.

You can't compare boxing to MMA and you can't compare Conor to Floyd. Especially considering Conor wasn't undefeated coming into this Diaz fight.
Coming for a McGregor fan.
I didn't like this match up from the beginning. It was more the weight than the opponent. Conor gassed and that's what I was predicting. But I went with Mystic. Needs to go back to 145 and finish that division off

Conor ain't finished tho. Let's make that clear. Ain't too many Diaz's walking around.

Exactly. Dude is 27 and needed this (a humbling). Hopefully he stops surrounding himself with yes men and trains on his weaknesses.

Maynard had Frankie Edgar doing cartwheels around the octagon. Not too worried about that one.

How do people say Dana White is the biggest loser in sitch's like these though.

When you consistently make the best fights between top guys, "upsets" are happening.

Unlike boxing where the top fighters rarely fight. UFC comes with it in that department, White stays winning regardless

Nate lost 3 of his last 5, how was he a top guy?

Joe Silva stay ******* up. Diaz was handpicked to lose to Conor. Believe that. This had nothing to do with two top guys fighting, if that were the case Frankie would've gotten his shot at the featherweight strap.

Yup.

Conor really didn't have many options. His wrestling and BJJ is so far behind his stand up. He got balls for taking this fight.

I don't think this fight is easy for Conor McGregor at all

Let's look at the facts:

Conor's 2 loses have come via submission

Nate is a master of submissions

Nate has a reach advantage

Nate TKO'd Gray Maynard

Nate has a height advantage

Conor is fighting 2 weight classes above his normal weight class

Nate has experience at Welterweight

Nate just beat Michael Johnson who was arguably a top 5 lightweight

they thought nate was gon be the sacrificial lamb
roll.gif