The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

worst stance ive seen in the UFC since that one little asian dude koji oishi fought nick diaz 11 years ago. 
laugh.gif
 nick did exactly the same thing JDS did, and boxed 'em up on every level.

what the hell is rothwell thinking 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Son was doing Zombie/Thriller style :lol:

Who is this Kingsman extra interviewing Derrick Lewis? Where is Dan Hardy?

Last edited:
Wow at JDS. Didn't see that coming what so ever, ATT?

I wonder if they just say whoever performs the better of Cain/Reem will get the title shot

Was really hyped to see Ferguson and Khabib go at it but not really sure how I feel about this fox cadd now. Teixeira will never fight for the belt again imo. He'd get destroyed by Gus, Rumble or DC if he is fed one of them.

Wow at JDS. Didn't see that coming what so ever, ATT?

I wonder if they just say whoever performs the better of Cain/Reem will get the title shot

He was already with ATT for the Reem bout, this was his second fight.

ATT didn't make a lick of a difference, it was him reuniting with his boxing coach Luiz Dorea that was the biggest factor in Sunday's performance.

ATT didn't make a lick of a difference, it was him reuniting with his boxing coach Luiz Dorea that was the biggest factor in Sunday's performance.

To be fair, it can take more than one camp to start seeing the changes, but I can definitely see getting back with his boxing coach helping as well. His hands haven't looked that sharp for awhile now. That might be partly because Ben wasn't moving his head or anything for ****, but it was good to see Junior looking sharp again.

Att didn't make a lick of difference? Seems a little silly to say that but whatever

I don't know what to think of jds though. At least I'm intrigued for his next match

Att didn't make a lick of difference? Seems a little silly to say that but whatever

I don't know what to think of jds though. At least I'm intrigued for his next match

Not in my eyes. Again he was with ATT in the Overeem bout, where he looked downright overwhelmed.

Come in Luiz Dorea, his longtime boxing coach and there's a night and day difference.

While Overeem and Rothwell are completely different fighters, JDS didn't do anything he wasn't already doing in prior bouts with Dorea in the corner.

So not sure how any of that is silly for you. Silly is you arguing this when you didn't even realize that JDS was already with ATT in his last bout.

I dont think he did anything different in the actual fight. Maybe besides the front kick, but i think getting out of his comfort zone, being in a new environment, having diff training partners def benefited him. Its more of a mentality difference than actual skillset difference. 

He did look sharp my only problem was he didn't throw to many combos or mix in kicks.

So there's no way in your mind that the combination of his boxing coach and ATT led to the W?

Under Luiz and other camps he also got battered by Cain twice and also Stipe (where he arguably lost the fight in a lot of people's eyes)

JDS definitely needed a new way of thinking and new perspectives to contiune to evolve. Not to mention getting in better shape cardio wise. Granted, he looked GOD AWFUL in his ATT debut against Reem, there's a high possibility it had to do with him uprooting from Brazil

His boxing coach could most certainly be a huge factor in JDS' success and future successes, however I truly believe it's going to take a combo of a new camp and Luiz to ever get back to the top

Last edited:

I dont think he did anything different in the actual fight. Maybe besides the front kick, but i think getting out of his comfort zone, being in a new environment, having diff training partners def benefited him. Its more of a mentality difference than actual skillset difference. 

He did look sharp my only problem was he didn't throw to many combos or mix in kicks.
Yeah I agree with what you're saying about the new space.

Also, Kind of tough to compare a 2 round fight to a 5 round fight. Just saying

Last edited:
So there's no way in your mind that the combination of his boxing coach and ATT led to the W?

Under Luiz and other camps he also got battered by Cain twice and also Stipe (where he arguably lost the fight in a lot of people's eyes)

JDS definitely needed a new way of thinking and new perspectives to contiune to evolve. Not to mention getting in better shape cardio wise. Granted, he looked GOD AWFUL in his ATT debut against Reem, there's a high possibility it had to do with him uprooting from Brazil

His boxing coach could most certainly be a huge factor in JDS' success and future successes, however I truly believe it's going to take a combo of a new camp and Luiz to ever get back to the top

Cain and Rothwell are two completely different kinds of grapplers. Cain can take JDS down, Rothwell couldn't (nor did he even really try), so you're comparing apples and oranges.

Cain would be a bad matchup for JDS Dorea or not, ATT or not. You're acting as if we saw a new wrinkle in JDS' game or something we've never seen before from him. This was in everyone's eye's, vintage JDS.

His cardio was never really an issue, it just was never on Cain's ungodly level (sans Cain's ugly showing in Mexico City against Werdum). So him looking lethargic against Overeem in his ATT debut just adds further credence to my view, that they didn't help him one iota in this fight.

Dorea and JDS have a great rapport, they know how to prepare and game-plan.

Now could ATT help him in the future? Sure, as of right now? I don't see anything they've done that has manifested itself in the octagon.

Sure, a change in scenery could help, but I agree there hasn't been a visible progression or as you put it, a difference in his skill-set.

For that reason, I think it's been a lateral move for JDS to this point. Take away ATT and put JDS back on Team Noguiera + Luiz Dorea and it'd be the same result this past Sunday.

I'm apprehensive because this is his second team since leaving TN, Nova Uniao didn't really add anything to his game and I'm cautiously optimistic that ATT will.

To this point? I don't see it.

I enjoy watching JDS fight. As a MMA fan who isn't a fan of a lot of individual fighters, he is one of the handful of guys I actually cheer for. I just know better than to think a change of scenery is going to actually do anything for his skill-set. At this point I think JDS is who he is and that is a dangerous boxer with tremendous takedown defense against most guys, and a chin and heart to fight from bell to bell (or rather horn to horn).

Last edited:
Cain and Rothwell are two completely different kinds of grapplers. Cain can take JDS down, Rothwell couldn't (nor did he even really try), so you're comparing apples and oranges.

Cain would be a bad matchup for JDS Dorea or not, ATT or not. You're acting as if we saw a new wrinkle in JDS' game or something we've never seen before from him. This was in everyone's eye's, vintage JDS.

His cardio was never really an issue, it just was never on Cain's ungodly level (sans Cain's ugly showing in Mexico City against Werdum). So him looking lethargic against Overeem in his ATT debut just adds further credence to my view, that they didn't help him one iota in this fight.

Dorea and JDS have a great rapport, they know how to prepare and game-plan.

Now could ATT help him in the future? Sure, as of right now? I don't see anything they've done that has manifested itself in the octagon.
That wasn't my point on Cain. Doesn't even matter, you blew the whole thing out. Sorry if you took offense to the silly comment, didn't mean anything by it. Don't even care about JDS that much

I actually agree with you that JDS is who he is, I don't believe he will get back to the top regardless of who his coach or who he trains with

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom