The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

If they get Jones and Conor on the card, I would definitely considered it stacked, just not as intriguing as I was hoping for. It's mostly Conor's fault to be honest, it was a domino effect on match making because of him

A domino effect how? Conor fighting Nate only affects that matchup and the Aldo/Frankie one.

So let's say the main event was Conor/Frankie, what match wasn't made for 200 because of Conor?

Last edited:
UFC 198 and 199>>>>UFC 200 even with Jones and Conor on UFC 200

All them rematches. Bleh

Travis Browne vs Cain
Gastelum vs Hendricks

Bleh

UFC 199 championship bouts are both rematches :lol:

All 3 of those cards are very solid but i'm not buying that 200 is gonna be a flop just because Conor isn't on the card.
As the card stands now, it will be a flop. And I'm not talking about compared to some random PPV. This is pretty much their "Superbowl" and with that card it won't come anywhere close to pulling numbers 100 did.

Surprise you'd think otherwise. Just keeping it real. Why you caping for Dana? :lol:

Caping for Dana? :lol:

I don't give a damn about numbers I don't work for the UFC I'm just saying to me it is a loaded card I have no problem spending my money on it but everyone is acting like it is a dud of a card.

I guess it also helps that some of my favorite fighters are on the card but regardless I think it's still a loaded card. :rolleyes

It really is bizarre to me that this dude talked his way into his fight with Nate ******* Diaz being a difference maker for UFC 200.

As of right now there is only 1 rematch on 200 and that is Aldo-Edgar.
As of now, the card isn't too pretty for what was supposed to be a huge event

I wouldn't say it's stacked

If they get Jones and Conor on the card, I would definitely considered it stacked, just not as intriguing as I was hoping for. It's mostly Conor's fault to be honest, it was a domino effect on match making because of him

Maybe not stacked but it still is a pretty loaded card from top to bottom but to each his own. And yes I know it had potential to be even bigger but the card is what it is

Last edited:
A domino effect how? Conor fighting Nate only affects that matchup and the Aldo/Frankie one.

So let's say the main event was Conor/Frankie, what match wasn't made for 200 because of Conor?
To start:

Nate vs. contender at either 155 or 170

Jose vs. contender

Reach match would have been Nate vs Eddie and RDA vs Lawler

A Conor vs Frankie match alone would make the card exponentially better, at least for me. That's the credible match to make and has all the intrigue if not more than a fight against Nate

Last edited:
UFC 198 and 199>>>>UFC 200 even with Jones and Conor on UFC 200

All them rematches. Bleh

Travis Browne vs Cain
Gastelum vs Hendricks

Bleh

UFC 199 championship bouts are both rematches :lol:

All 3 of those cards are very solid but i'm not buying that 200 is gonna be a flop just because Conor isn't on the card.
As the card stands now, it will be a flop. And I'm not talking about compared to some random PPV. This is pretty much their "Superbowl" and with that card it won't come anywhere close to pulling numbers 100 did.

Surprise you'd think otherwise. Just keeping it real. Why you caping for Dana? :lol:

Caping for Dana? :lol:

I don't give a damn about numbers I don't work for the UFC I'm just saying to me it is a loaded card I have no problem spending my money on it but everyone is acting like it is a dud of a card.

I guess it also helps that some of my favorite fighters are on the card but regardless I think it's still a loaded card. :rolleyes
What the hell did you think I meant as "flop"? Oscar nominations? :lol:

Of course I meant box office numbers.

Moving on...:smile:

Maybe not stacked but it still is a pretty loaded card from top to bottom but to each his own. And yes I know it had potential to be even bigger but the card is what it is
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad about liking UFC 200 and it is a good card even without Nate/Conor. I wish I was stoked for it too. I would just agree with someone's opinion that 200 isn't too exceptional, especially if Nate/Conor has to be left off

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad about liking UFC 200 and it is a good card even without Nate/Conor. I wish I was stoked for it too. I would just agree with someone's opinion that 200 isn't too exceptional, especially if Nate/Conor has to be left off

Fair enough :smokin

DC wants no parts of Bones :lol:

RT @arielhelwani: Spoke to DC. MRI got rescheduled for nxt wk but it's not bad news. DR said too soon. Felt great after practice & confident he'll be cleared.

Give Jones back his belt already. It was never your's DC 
laugh.gif

Seriously 
laugh.gif

After the Jon fight he was talking bout.. he gonna come out with the red tape.. come out second because he's the champion and Jon gonna have to wait til he gets into the ring 
roll.gif
 maggot better enjoy it because that's the last time he's coming out as the Champion

I'm only upset that this boy Nate ain't gon get paid.

He should just take some sort of fight for 200 just to put himself in good standing with the UFC for future bookings
Once you get a taste of red panty night.. 20/20s don't quite look the same b 
laugh.gif

Good standing for what? Dana only looks out for himself, I'm glad Nate is going to do the same.

I'm sure he still got some coins left from the finish bonus.

But 200 is going to be TRASH!

Good standing for what? Dana only looks out for himself, I'm glad Nate is going to do the same.

I'm sure he still got some coins left from the finish bonus.

But 200 is going to be TRASH!

You think Dana gon book Nate for the big fights anymore after he passed on 200?

Trash or not, flop or not, 200 will still be the biggest PPV to date and Nate passing :lol:

What big fights was Dana giving him before? If Dos Anjos didn't get injured, Nate would still be fighting for pennies.

I'm interested to see how Dana saves this card. I wouldn't put my money on Cormier/Jones 2. I have a weird feeling Cornier is going to "re-injure" himself. So your headline right now is Edgar/Aldo 2. That's not breaking any records.

A long time ago we had an argument to why Nate vs Conor made sense and that same argument can be made again.

To most casual UFC, BJJ/Wrestling/Ground Game is boring ... They want to see two savages in the ring beating themselves sensless or crazy good submissions.

Dana just ****** the entire Featherweight division by letting this Troll keep the Title ... Said it from day one that he shouldn't ...

There's little doubt in my mind that Conor would lose to all the top fighters in the Lightweight division (RDA, Kahbib, Ferguson, etc). Let c what happens.

What big fights was Dana giving him before? If Dos Anjos didn't get injured, Nate would still be fighting for pennies.

I'm interested to see how Dana saves this card. I wouldn't put my money on Cormier/Jones 2. I have a weird feeling Cornier is going to "re-injure" himself. So your headline right now is Edgar/Aldo 2. That's not breaking any records.
You're completely missing the point. Nate was fighting for pennies before he fought Conor. He BLEW UP after he beat him. Doing all different sorts of media and saying "I only want the big fights". 

Dana gives him a guaranteed fight on 200 and he doesn't want it. If you were Dana, would you want to book him in another big fight?

You're completely missing the point. Nate was fighting for pennies before he fought Conor. He BLEW UP after he beat him. Doing all different sorts of media and saying "I only want the big fights". 

Dana gives him a guaranteed fight on 200 and he doesn't want it. If you were Dana, would you want to book him in another big fight?
I'm not missing the point ... **** Dana ... Nate and mostly everyone know that there's no one that can bring that Conor paycheck ....

That's why they made sense to start .. All the **** talkign leading up to the fight .. Who can do that now? Let's face it ... RDA is not a big draw ... Neither is Kahbib or Alvarez or Ferguson and they are bigger risk fights ....

At this point Cerrone would be the biggest safest fight ... He just want to get paid and I don't blame him.

This wasn't Dana throwing Nate a bone because Dana is on record as saying the brass wanted Conor to defned the title but Conor wanted the rematch. Dana & co caves to the request.

And Nate had no intention on fighting at 200 until Connor requested him. Dana had no intentionon giving Nate a guaranteed big fight at 200. This again is all Conor's puppeteering.

Nate wanted that Red Panties Night money again especially knowing that he beat the guy already.

I'm not missing the point ... **** Dana ... Nate and mostly everyone know that there's no one that can bring that Conor paycheck ....

That's why they made sense to start .. All the **** talkign leading up to the fight .. Who can do that now? Let's face it ... RDA is not a big draw ... Neither is Kahbib or Alvarez or Ferguson and they are bigger risk fights ....

At this point Cerrone would be the biggest safest fight ... He just want to get paid and I don't blame him.
But.....I wasn't addressing you though 
laugh.gif

conor should have just waited for RDA.

Don't see him getting another shot at 2 belts again, that was a once in a blue moon type of thing....timing was there, hype, everything....not anymore.

He's probably fighting to unify 45 next, diaz rematch is probably off the table now.

My mans was feeding the ego too quick....

A long time ago we had an argument to why Nate vs Conor made sense and that same argument can be made again.

To most casual UFC, BJJ/Wrestling/Ground Game is boring ... They want to see two savages in the ring beating themselves sensless or crazy good submissions.

Dana just ****** the entire Featherweight division by letting this Troll keep the Title ... Said it from day one that he shouldn't ...

There's little doubt in my mind that Conor would lose to all the top fighters in the Lightweight division (RDA, Kahbib, Ferguson, etc). Let c what happens.
There was also the argument of who was calling the shots, Conor or Dana. Everything up to this point says that Conor was calling the shots. He could very well still end up on 200 without doing any promotion

Conor called his fight with RDA. He got hurt, so Nate stepped in, and the rest is history. Nate was the logical choice and made sense after RDA went down. Conor also said F 145, I want a rematch with Nate. Dana said, sure you can do that or you can do 145, whatever you want

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom