The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

RDA was only logical for 1 person .. Connor .. That fight never should of have even been announced. 1. I'm 100% positive that it wouldn't have brought as much money and 2. It would of have been the same results.

Like a few people stated .. Diaz was the more logical initial fight in the weight class because 1. Diaz is a stationary target 2. It would draw more fans 3. The ish talking was going to be epic.

Now ... I'm not going to stick to my guns again got the rematch in UFC 200 but I wouldn't hold my breath ...

I'm sure the way ***** boy Dana is, he might give in for a paycut ... But I doubt he will give in if it's the same terms ... If I was Dana and CO. I WOULDNT GIVE IN .. He would set a precedence for future conflicts of major stars. Shut McGregor down and keep it moving. However, if they can't make another big fight .. Not sure if they will let it ride ... Kahbib vs Ferguson would be tight. But lettuces bee cereals .. No one is bringing Connor money ... So yeah.

PS .. The fight that happen was the fight that happen .. Whether something was announced or not .. It doesn't matter because it didn't happen.

Last edited:
Yeah it was logical to Conor because he wanted two belts. That's why I was saying Nate didn't make more sense than rda, Conor actually wanted the challenge of being a two division champ. Why would he fight Nate when he could have the opportunity to make history

Again this goes back to who was calling the shots. Not Dana. Conor was making the decisions

That's because Dana was sipping from the same delusional and greed cup.

He actually thought McGregor was that dude .. He thought he could actually pull out off and bank millions of his back. Didn't learn with Lesner, Holly, etc ...

It's easy to call them delusional after the fact. We still don't know how Conor/RDA plays out, the only thing we know is how Conor/Nate plays out

It's easy to call them delusional after the fact. We still don't know how Conor/RDA plays out, the only thing we know is how Conor/Nate plays out
I think it plays out the same against any of the top fighters Kahbib RDA Ferguson and even Alvarez .. These dudes are elite ground and pound guys ... I think they handle the punches as well as Diaz and are quicker ...

One thing that was real obvious was what Diaz stated ... He was used to fighting midgets and he was submitted by two nobodies ...

BTW, there were a number of people here calling that fight outrageous .. So no .. It wasn't hard to call it the same before ...

Last edited:
200 will do well in box office #s cuz they do know how to promote well but imo the card is not stacked not for what its supposed to represents 

When I say sell I don't mean tickets, I mean PPV buys.

Obviously they'll sell out. Don't they sell out every card nowadays?

I think if they add DC-Jones they could do maybe 1.2million buys and obviously if they had Conor they would break the record of 1.6 easily and come close to 2 mill

When I say sell I don't mean tickets, I mean PPV buys.

Obviously they'll sell out. Don't they sell out every card nowadays?

Simmer down that was a legit inquiry about when do they start selling physical tickets. They got to have a main event in place before that

Ariel touched upon this: Over time, people think UFC 100 was a stacked card from top to bottom, when in reality it wasn't. And this translates somewhat over to the distaste for 200. 

Ariel touched upon this: Over time, people think UFC 100 was a stacked card from top to bottom, when in reality it wasn't. And this translates somewhat over to the distaste for 200. 

Looking at the card for 100 right now and it isn't anywhere near a stacked card.

Card wasn't stack but Brock and GSP attract the casual fans. Even after they got washed, you add Rousey and Conor to 200 and it easily breaks every UFC record.

If Dana is trying to make 100s his "Wrestlemania" then this current card ain't cutting it.

Last edited:
Card wasn't stack but Brock and GSP attract the casual fans. Even after they got washed, you add Rousey and Conor to 200 and it easily breaks every UFC record.

If Dana is trying to make 100s his "Wrestlemania" then this current card ain't cutting it.

this
those you listed draw that casual fan. know folks that dont care about ufc, but they'd be at the bar to watch a conor/rousey match

How much do wrestlemania sell? I dont watch prof wrestling but i doubt any ufc even will even come close to wrestlemania numbers

UFC 100 no matter the point of reference was stacked. Brock and Gsp. Enough said. Hendo and bisping beef was REAL. They hated each other and Americans were looking for blood after TUF. It also marked sexyamas debut in the UFC, he had a cult following

At the time a ton of folks were saying jones would be a future champ. People were definitely hyped on jones at that time, just not to the levels of sage because obviously social media

I can't get down with the thought that 100 was only stacked in hindsight

How much do wrestlemania sell? I dont watch prof wrestling but i doubt any ufc even will even come close to wrestlemania numbers

they have it on their own network. about 1.1M-1.2M subscribers
how much did ufc charge for the last event?

Last edited:
It plays out how the last min of the diaz/conor fight did lol. Rda would ragdoll the ish outta him

This is a weird 180 Dana is doing just to be spiteful. You can't praise Conor for doing whatever is asked of him and then punish him to the extreme the first time he says no.

Most successful WM did 1.2M buys, most successful UFC event did 1.6M.

Now Dana saying Conor may not fight on the first NY card either.

Because he wants him to fight sooner than that.

Also, anyone saying UFC 100 wasn't stacked clearly wasn't following the sport @ the time.

100 was beyond stacked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom