The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

If you are Tavares, would attack the leg for the easy win or give the crowd the fight they want to see with a stand up and bang type of fight?

History always shows that fighters last fights never turn out how they want it to be. I imagine Tavares beating Weidman and him calling it quits.

Nobody cares about Weidman

All these dudes fighting when nobody cares about them and having no shot at anything is kinda sad. Their choice in what makes them happy though so it is what it is

Nobody cares about Weidman

All these dudes fighting when nobody cares about them and having no shot at anything is kinda sad. Their choice in what makes them happy though so it is what it is
Shiddd...i'll fight for 15 minutes for 100k too. If you can still earn good money...i aint mad at milkin it.

Shiddd...i'll fight for 15 minutes for 100k too. If you can still earn good money...i aint mad at milkin it.
I mean being a washed fighter about to turn 39 and putting yourself back into the cage for 100k, that’s kinda sad. I’m sure he’s making more but still

I actually hope he’s doing it more for the love of it and because it’s his passion rather than because he wants or needs more money. Cuz that’d be even sadder

I mean being a washed fighter about to turn 39 and putting yourself back into the cage for 100k, that’s kinda sad. I’m sure he’s making more but still

I actually hope he’s doing it more for the love of it and because it’s his passion rather than because he wants or needs more money. Cuz that’d be even sadder
I never said he needed the money...highly doubt that. Just saying....even if you had 1 mil in the bank, 100k for 15 minutes of fight when you been fighting all your life is easy money imo.

He's a prize fighter....I dont get wrapped up into these guys loving the game.

I never said he needed the money...highly doubt that. Just saying....even if you had 1 mil in the bank, 100k for 15 minutes of fight when you been fighting all your life is easy money imo.

He's a prize fighter....I dont get wrapped up into these guys loving the game.
I didn’t say you said that lol

I was making the point on being old and washed, risking your health for money. That’s objectively sad

But like I said if that’s what makes him happy so be it

I don't think Weidman necessarily needs the money but a couple 100k or whatever he makes in his next fight doesn't hurt either.

Lot of these fighters also think about legacy and him ending on an injury would likely effect him mentally too.

I don't think Weidman necessarily needs the money but a couple 100k or whatever he makes in his next fight doesn't hurt either.

Lot of these fighters also think about legacy and him ending on an injury would likely effect him mentally too.
Not to resurrect the earlier back and forth. Some of these folks are literally in love with the game. Sometimes it has nothing to do with money. Kind of like how Evander Holyfield stepped in there with TRT Vitor in boxing. Man past 60 knowing damb well that’s not good for his physical health.

1686168220693.jpeg

I think Khamzat could lose to Izzy.

CKB just went through the Islam camp. They definitely mitigated a lot of his wrestling techniques. Not 100% but enough to force Islam to rely on his standup…which they probably underestimated.

We haven’t seen him enough of Chimaev’s stand up to say it can hang with Izzy. Gilbert is solid. And Khamzat does have some power.

Dana should make that fight from an excitement and intrigue perspective. Just not excited for Whitaker/DuPleeissesis (sp).

Volk is also a short, short limbed, super strong guy who was a 2 time national medalist in wrestling in Australia, about as opposite as it gets from Izzy's credentials.

Izzy vs Chimaev probably just comes down to who gets who first, but it'd be real interesting if Izzy could find a way to keep it standing, or at least really threaten with some subs or something to make it interesting.

MMA is a cold game and for guys like Marlon who had good amounts of success it must be extremely hard to call it quits thinking you still have good fights left. I really thought he was going to beat Cejudo for the belt and he did look good early in that scrap. Since that loss he's never been the same though.

Back
Top Bottom