The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Usman v Colby on SAT 12/14 @7PM on PPV

Joined Nov 5, 2012
Pettis wants a W lol

“I’m a good spot right now where I could make 155,” Pettis said. “Like the Nate Diaz fight, I only fought him at 176 pounds. I only gained six pounds with my weight cut. I want Diego Sanchez. That’s what I told Duke [Roufus].”

Joined Nov 26, 2005
Diego will eat shots to keep Pettis out of kicking range and take him down and win via UD.

Joined Sep 19, 2018
Pettis knows he bellator/ONE bound after his fight contract is up w UFC. Even calling out Diego let’s you know what he’s thinking. Just hoping for some fight of the night bonuses before it’s over

Side note. Be down to see Pettis/Cowboy again.

Joined May 6, 2015
I disagree about Pettis being released after his contract runs out, as long as he maintains a near .500 winning % his name still resonates and he's only 32. He'll likely never contend for a belt again but I could see them keeping him as a high level gatekeeper for the upcoming prospects to make a name and the Cowboy rematch makes too much sense.

Joined Oct 7, 2007
So Zabit vs Kattar no longer on the Boston card. I was contemplating going but that card is mad weak

Joined May 6, 2015
I'd say Jeremy Stephens is an example of the UFC's ultimate gatekeeper, guy is 16-15 and has been around since 2007. Probably closest he got to a shot was his recent 3 win streak before getting KO'd against Aldo. I'd like to see Yair get a highlight reel KO over him this weekend.

Honorable mention to other gatekeepers like Clay Guida and Jim Miller who also never got title shots.

Joined Oct 7, 2007
I'd say Jeremy Stephens is an example of the UFC's ultimate gatekeeper, guy is 16-15 and has been around since 2007. Probably closest he got to a shot was his recent 3 win streak before getting KO'd against Aldo. I'd like to see Yair get a highlight reel KO over him this weekend.

Honorable mention to other gatekeepers like Clay Guida and Jim Miller who also never got title shots.
Forgot he had htat kind of record. Dude speaks like he's 16-2

Joined Nov 5, 2012
Covington at it again

“My wife was walking to the cage, and I guess he was saying something to her and my manager being the man he is told him to shut the **** up,” Miocic continued. “To this day my manager won’t tell me what he said, so I’m going to find out. I’m very good, I’m like the FBI. I’ll find out what he said and I’m just gonna go up to him and talk to him about it.”

“I’m a normal guy,” Miocic said. “I’m just gonna go up to him and talk to him, I’m not gonna take his head off. I’m gonna go, ‘Hey man, what’s your problem’. I’m not mad at the kid, I just want to talk to him about it.”

Joined May 6, 2015
They both showed for the conference lol. Just put this on for background, expect both sides to be mostly respectul towards each other. Cool how they did it outdoors in Brooklyn.

OTG

formerly eastside slim
Joined May 5, 2013
dana said they really making a belt for this **** :smh: i was hoping that was a joke but it's really happening. :lol:

Top Bottom