The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

FC23AEC0-CA5C-49CA-BE66-29B42D89478A.gif

^me waking up in the morning thinking about that *** whoopin Usman put on Colby :lol:

Dude getting his jaw broke and probably having to get it wired shut is poetic justice man I swear

He’s still a POS but I will give him credit for going hard and winning that 4th round with a cracked jaw, that was hard.

Great fight tho and Usman really solidified himself with that one, dude is super legit. I don’t think he’s letting that belt go anytime soon.

Re watched the main event with the commentary off, Colby took the first 2 rounds then Usman 3 and 4. Also had Usman winning the 5th prior to the knockdowns. Bad commentary during the fight that said Colby got hurt in the 2nd when that wasn't the case and again in the 5th where they said Usman was rocked but the punches and head kick thrown was all blocked.

Fight was an instant classic tho IMO. From the start of the fight these dudes stayed in the pocket trading shots for 25 mins.

Would like to see Usman add more feints in his game tho cause his chin was wide open every time he'd throw them body uppercuts.

Colby running straight out the cage in tears with his "guests" Tito Ortiz and Candace Owens in attendance.. you love to see it.

I fully enjoyed the main event. Wasn't bored at any moment

Usman was right when he said that he's never fought like that before. Best believe against anyone else he's going to wrestle. That alone will make up for the lack of head movement and still developing striking

At this point it's either Jorge or Leon Edwards for Usman. I highly doubt Dana is clamoring to make Usman vs Edwards 😂 but if Jorge doesn't take the fight, I'd love to see the Usman Edwards rematch. I think both Jorge and Edwards can give Usman a very good fight

If only this broken jaw would shut Colby up. Seems we aren’t fortunate enough to see him get cut off of this loss.

As far as coming back from a broken jaw, RDA has his massive run at lightweight after Clay Guida broke his jaw. Credits the titanium plate with helping him absorb punches now (experts say it does nothing in the regard).

Both those fights would be dope. As bad as the lead up to an Usman/Edwards would be, I'm more intrigued by that matchup :lol: . Leon matches him in size, if not bigger.

With Colby losing the way he did, especially with getting his jaw broken, Lambert might have a hell of a time controlling things at ATT. I'm sure they have plenty of space and plans to keep things separate but a lot of teammates are going to be going at Colby and disparaging him :lol:

I still wonder how the dynamics are with those who actually support Colby within the team. That is a weird type of environment to train in when people, coaches and fighters are divided. Especially when Colby's coach is Brazilian too

I dont know man ...

Just finish watching the fight again and at best, I only could give Colby 2 rounds.

Listening to Colbys corner and pleading to take his souls in round 3 to begging for a take down to trying to pump him up for the last round, seems like they thought he was losing as well.

I didnt see it as a motivation speech but a comeone, just dont quit.

Why did neither one even attempt a take down?

I can not wait to see cringe cejudo loose
With the level of wrestling, they didn’t want to commit energy to take away from the insane pressure/pace.

Usman talked about it on the ESPN post show. A sort of stale mate. Instead they decided to rely on their striking. I honestly had it 2-2 going into the last round.

Weird night. No wrestling in the main event. No kicks from Aldo. Max not checking the kicks. Faber agreeing to fight a killer. Amanda respecting GDR’s striking so much.

Had Colby/Usman at 2-2 going into the 5th and had Colby winning the first half of the 5th before Usman poured it on. Have no interest in Aldo/Cejudo and had no issue w Moraes getting decision over Aldo

Moraes is so disappointing, dude looks like a killer for one round and then gasses. He was working Cejudo until he ran out of steam too.

Also as far as no wrestling from Usman and Colby I pretty much expected that. Seems pretty common whenever you get a matchup of two high level wrestlers

Unfortunate that it doesn't seem like Yan will get the shot at Cejudo. He deserves it and is a fun fighter, it would clear up the division ladder

Aldo looked good but not enough to cut the line imo. Dana seems to have his mind made up and so does Cejudo. Oh well, Yan is still young

I don't think they should pair Yan v Sandhagen and knock each other off just yet

Apparently "No Love" wants Yan if he gets passed Assuncao. I'm sure Yan would take that just cause their recent **** talk. Cody would be a damn fool to take that fight tho

Let's not make dog **** false equivalencies because Colby is a tool.

As if coming back the next game with a cage on your face in a sport where you have a foot on average over your competition is the same as fist fighting Kumaru Usman in your underwear in front of 50k people

Nah nah nah. We get it hockey players are mythically tough.

Woodley would KO Colby. I'm sure of it

Colby wont take that fight, also pretty sure of that

I think people forget T WOod couldn't lift his arm over his head because of that shoulder a week before that fight. He was compromised and got overwhelmed, usman never gave him the opportunity to go out on his shield either throwing bombs

Wow.

Right now, I do think Woodley has KO power. But he was taken down by Usman. Also, I’m not sure how Tyron would deal with that pressure from Colby. Usman was known to have great cardio.

Shoulder injury? Guess Conor could have beat Khabib, but he had ACL injuries?

Woodley has had some disappointing performances like Rory.

Back
Top Bottom